Butterfinger Frankenstein Cupcakes
Butterfinger Frankenstein Cupcakes are going to be a big hit at your Halloween party this year! From the rich, chocolate cupcakes, to the sweet Butterfinger frosting, these holiday treats are topped with a fun and festive candy surprise!
Click HERE to PIN IT for later!
Remember last week I shared these fun and spooky Eyeball Red Velvet Cake Balls? Well, I’ve got another Halloween treat for you today.
And it involves one of my absolute favorite candies: Butterfingers!
Growing up, Halloween night was filled with candy and pillow cases on the floor as me and my three brothers would sit and sort and trade our goodies! No secret, I would do everything I could to capture everyone’s Butterfingers (and Skittles)! Deals were made, and I would walk away with a shoe box of Butterfingers, that I tried to make last until Christmas. I would hide that shoe box in my closet, grabbing one piece of candy a day. Oh the memories.
These Butterfinger Frankenstein Cupcakes are not only adorable, they are delicious!! I used this Chocolate Cupcake with Butterfinger Cupcakes recipe as my base! I then topped each cupcakes with a piece of candy. A spooky, fun, decorated Butterfinger candy!
Thanks to Melissa at Design Eat Repeat for such a delicious idea! My daughter and I had a blast making these spooky treats! These cupcakes are perfect for bake sales and holiday parties!
A few tips to making these Butterfinger Frankenstein Cupcakes:
- Start with a good chocolate cupcake. I enjoy this one or this one. You can also use a boxed mix if that makes it easier on you!
- When making your frosting, beat the butter for a few minutes until pale and soft! This creates the base for a creamy frosting! I bought Butterfinger Baking Bits to add into the frosting, but crushing up candy bars works too!
- For the toppers, you’ll want to start with some Fun Size Butterfinger Candy bars. Unwrap them all (and then I took a clean napkin and wiped them off on the tops…some were pretty “crumby.”)
- Melt your white chocolate. I love using Ghirardelli White Chocolate Melting Wafers. They melt so smooth, and set up quickly, which is PERFECT for this recipe. Once your chocolate is melted, set aside a small amount that you will use for the mouths. To the remaining white chocolate, add your green food coloring.
- NOT LIQUID. Use a gel food coloring, it will prevent your chocolate from seizing, and give perfect color with minimal amount of gel. My favorite is this Americolor food coloring, I buy mine on Amazon. I only used ONE drop for about 1 1/2 cups of melted white chocolate. Stir until smooth.
- Have everything ready for assembly. Place a piece of parchment paper on your counter, and have your candy eyes ready in a bowl! Dip 2/3 of the candy bar in the green chocolate, tap off excess. Immediately press on the eyes, and repeat! Use your remaining white chocolate to drizzle on some mouths!
- These butterfingers only take minutes to set up and harden, so you can assemble your cupcakes quickly. ENJOY!!!
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Connect with Shugary Sweets! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Butterfinger Frankenstein Cupcakes
Yield: 15 cupcakes
Prep Time:1 hour
- Prepare Cupcakes with frosting according to recipe.
- Melt white chocolate according to package directions. Reserve about 3 Tbsp for mouths (I put this in a little decorator bottle or use a small sandwich bag with tip snipped off).
- Add one drop of green GEL food coloring and stir smooth. Dip 2/3 of the candy bar into the melted green chocolate and place on a piece of parchment paper. Immediately press in the eyes. Repeat until all candy bars have been dipped.
- Using the reserved white chocolate, drizzle on some spooky mouths! Add Frankenstein candies to the tops of the cupcakes. ENJOY!
MAKING THIS RECIPE? Share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #ShugarySweets so I can see what you're cooking up in the kitchen!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**