Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cupcakes
Rich Chocolate Cupcakes topped with Chocolate Chip Cheesecake frosting! Decadent, from scratch, and delicious!
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest!
I haven’t shared cupcakes on the blog since last Spring. Isn’t that crazy? Well don’t worry, today’s recipe will totally make up for my lack of cupcake posting!
To make these Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cupcakes, I used my FAVORITE chocolate cupcake base for these cupcakes. It’s rich and fudgy. They don’t get a big dome on top, but I like it that way because I like to swirl a large amount of frosting on top of each cupcake! There is a certain thing called “cupcake to frosting ratio.” I like mine to be 1:1.
The frosting is cream cheese based with some vanilla and mini chocolate chips. I added some extra chocolate chips for garnish! Feel free to add the amount of chips YOU like, some people (LIKE ME) enjoy the frosting filled with chips, some like a little less. You can’t go wrong either way! Just be sure to pile your cupcakes HIGH with frosting.
Enjoy this chocolate recipe, next week is all about Apples here on Shugary Sweets. Be sure you go apple picking this weekend to stock up! Now, go make a quick batch of cupcakes!
Connect with Shugary Sweets!
I know you want to see behind the scenes…check out my instagram!
Don’t miss a single recipe!
Love CUPCAKES? You’ve come to the right place!
These Pineapple Orange Cupcakes are an easy, light dessert idea that are nearly guilt free! Less than 75 calories per cupcake!
I love adding mini chocolate chips to desserts….
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cupcake recipe:
For the cupcakes:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 eggs
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup brewed coffee, strong
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
For the frosting:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 1/2 cup mini chocolate morsels, divided
- For the cupcakes, mix flour, cocoa, salt, baking soda and baking powder in small bowl. Set aside.
- Mix brewed coffee and milk. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar for 5 minutes until fluffy. Add egg. Slowly add in dry ingredients, alternating with milk mixture (in about 3 additions).
- Pour into lined cupcake pans and bake in a 350 degree oven for 15-18 minutes. Remove and cool completely before frosting.
- For the frosting, beat butter and cream cheese for 3 minutes until fluffy. Add in vanilla, powdered sugar and milk and beat an additional 3-5 minutes. Fold in 1 1/4 cup mini chocolate morsels. Pipe frosting onto cupcakes. Sprinkle with remaining morsels if desired.
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**