If you love sweet cheese ball recipes, this Oreo Cookies and Cream Cheese Ball Recipe for Game Day is going to knock your socks off! Perfect football game day snack!
Table of Contents
Why this Recipe is Best
Don’t even get me started on all the snacks and dips for this time of year!
It’s no secret I love making cheese balls. Savory? Sure. But it’s the sweet cheese ball that has my heart.
Wondering why this is the best cheese ball for your party?
- Only 5 minutes prep
- Packed with Oreos
- Chills for an hour, OR can be eaten immediately
- Shaped like a football (but can also be served in a bowl for any time of year)
- Loved by kids and adults
You’ll only need SIX ingredients for today’s football dessert.
- Butter- room temperature for easy blending. Use UNSALTED too.
- Cream Cheese- it’s what gives this dip it’s name “cheese ball”
- Oreos- smash them in a ziploc bag, keeping some chunks, you don’t want them to be fine crumbs. No need to scrape out the filling, use the whole Oreo.
- Chocolate Syrup- adds to the chocolate flavor, and helps bind it all together. Use our homemade chocolate syrup for the best flavor!
- Powdered Sugar
- Chocolate Chips- I use mini semi-sweet for this dip, but milk chocolate works great too!
Step by Step Instructions
- Make the filling. Cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar together. Remove a spoonful for the “laces.” Put it aside in a ziploc bag.
- Add the Chocolate. Add the crushed oreos and chocolate syrup! Shape into a football. Refrigerate or if serving immediately, keep going!
- Shape. Using your hands, press the chocolate chips into the cheese ball.
- Laces. Using the ziploc bag, snip off the corner and pipe the white filling onto the cheese ball to resemble laces.
We love servings this sweet cheeseball with pretzels and nilla wafers.
You could also add some ritz crackers, for a sweet and salty twist!
Some apple slices and strawberries are also delicious with today’s cheeseball recipe.
Want to change up the flavor a little?
- Swap the Oreos for Nutter Butters and use peanut butter morsels as a topping (you could shape like a basketball for March Madness)!
- Add golden Oreos to the filling with toffee bits.
- Crush Chips Ahoy cookies for a chocolate chip cookie cheeseball!
This sweet Oreo Cheese Ball can be made 24 hours in advance!
The cream cheese in a cheeseball adds lots of flavor and tang. You could use all butter instead, or swap out the cream cheese for mascarpone cheese. Just be sure to adjust the sugar for proper consistency.
I don’t recommend freezing this cheeseball.
More Easy Dessert Recipes
- Turtle Cheese Ball: so many delicious ingredients in this one! Caramel, Pecans, Chocolate Chips!
- Cherry Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball: the sweet cherries in this cheese ball are spectacular! Perfect for Valentine’s Day too!
- Toffee Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball
- Banana Pudding
- Rice Krispie Treats– shape like a football for game day!
Cookies and Cream Cheese Ball
- 1 package cream cheese, softened 8 ounce
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 18 Oreos crushed
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and butter for 3 minutes. Add powdered sugar and beat an additional 2 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Remove a spoonful (about 2-3 Tbsp) and place in a small ziploc bag. Seal and set aside.
- To the bowl of cream cheese, add chocolate syrup and crushed Oreo cookies. Blend completely.
- Line a large bowl with plastic wrap. Drop the cream cheese mixture into the plastic wrap lined bowl. Fold up the plastic around the cheese ball. Refrigerate for about an hour.
- Remove plastic wrap and shape cheese ball into a football on a serving plate. Press chocolate chips into top and sides until completely covered. Using your reserved baggie of cream cheese mixture, snip off the corner and pipe “laces” onto your cheese ball.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Enjoy with pretzels, apples, or Nilla wafers.
- We love servings this sweet cheeseball with pretzels and nilla wafers. You could also add some ritz crackers, for a sweet and salty twist! Some apple slices and strawberries are also delicious with today’s cheeseball recipe.
- Want to change up the flavor a little? Swap the Oreos for Nutter Butters and use peanut butter morsels as a topping (you could shape like a basketball for March Madness)! Add golden Oreos to the filling with toffee bits. Crush Chips Ahoy cookies for a chocolate chip cookie cheeseball!