Cherry Chocolate Chip Cheeseball
A delicious, sweet Cheese ball filled with Maraschino Cherries and mini Chocolate Chips! Perfect for Valentine’s Day!!
Click HERE to save recipe to pinterest
I’m obsessed with maraschino cherries. Always have been! Actually my whole family is obsessed with those sweet cherries.
As I planned out some new Valentine’s Day treats, cherries always came to mind. If you scroll to the end of this post, you will see some of the delicious cherry flavored treats I’ve shared in the past!
This dip is incredibly easy to make. You can serve it one of two ways. Whip it up, don’t coat it in mini chocolate chips, and just serve immediately in a bowl with crackers, pretzels, fruit, etc. OR, if you have a little time, make it the night before allowing it to firm up some so it can be rolled in mini chocolate chips. It’s still soft, but presentable!!
How to make a Cherry Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball
In a large mixing bowl, beat your softened butter and cream cheese until fluffy. Add in powdered sugar and some of the maraschino cherry juice. Beat until fully blended.
Fold in chopped maraschino cherries and mini chocolate chips.
Line a bowl with plastic wrap, drop your mixture into the bowl and bring up the sides of the plastic wrap to cover the top. Refrigerate several hours or overnight. When ready to serve, remove plastic wrap and invert cheese ball onto a plate. Press remaining mini chocolate chips around the top.
Or, serve in a bowl immediately and enjoy!
What to serve with sweet cheese balls
We love sweet cheese balls. And here’s where you can come up with lots of serving ideas.
Cinnamon Sugar Pita Chips
What else would you use as a dipper?
Love CHERRY desserts? Here are a few of my favorites…
Cherry Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies: great use for those maraschino cherries!!
Thumbprint Cookies with Cherry Buttercream…these melt in your mouth!
Cherry Fudge with Dark Chocolate: this is a hit every time I make it!
Connect with Shugary Sweets!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
If you LOVE this recipe, share it on Instagram and tag me #shugarysweets so I can see it!
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
- 8oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup maraschino cherry juice
- 2 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips, divided
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until combined. Add cherry juice and powdered sugar until fully blended. Fold in chopped cherries and 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips.
- At this point you can either serve immediately...or continue on to make as a cheeseball. For the cheeseball, line a rounded bowl with plastic wrap. Pour mixture into bowl, bringing up sides of plastic wrap to cover the top. Refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to serve, invert cheeseball onto serving plate and press remaining 1/2 cup mini chips into the cheeseball. Serve with graham crackers, animal cookies, apple slices, pretzels, etc!!
- Having made this several times, it occasionally comes out too soft to set up. I have yet to figure out the rhyme or reason why sometimes it's soft, and sometimes it sets up fine. When it it too soft, rolling it in chocolate chips does help! Or putting it in a bowl and serving as a dip works too!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 272 Total Fat: 15g Saturated Fat: 9g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 29mg Sodium: 74mg Carbohydrates: 36g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 34g Protein: 2g
Recipe originally published January 19, 2014
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**