Cherry Chocolate Chip Cheeseball makes a perfect Valentine’s Day dessert! This easy sweet cheese ball recipe is full of juicy maraschino cherries and covered with chocolate chips.
Why this Recipe is Best
No one can resist chocolate and cherries. When you combine them with a rich cream cheese base, you get a luscious dip perfect for scooping with graham crackers.
- Cherry Cheese Ball is a quick and easy dessert or appetizer.
- It comes together in no time with just 6 ingredients!
- You can make this recipe as a cheese ball OR a dip.
- Maraschino cherries make it beautifully colorful!
You only need a handful of ingredients for this Cherry Chocolate Chip Cheeseball recipe.
- Cream cheese – Let it soften on the counter for a few minutes first.
- Butter – I prefer using unsalted butter in this cheese ball recipe.
- Maraschino Cherries – You will need both the cherries themselves and some of the juice from the jar.
- Powdered sugar – For sweetness and a smooth texture.
- Chocolate chips – We used mini chocolate chips. The smaller size makes them easier to scoop up!
Tips and Tricks
How to make this cheese ball recipe as a dip:
- Beat together all of the ingredients as directed in the recipe card.
- Fold in the maraschino cherries and just half of the chocolate chips.
- Now you can transfer the dip to a serving bowl and enjoy right away. No extra steps required.
How to make cherry cheese ball:
- If you want to make this as a cheese ball as pictured, line a mixing bowl with plastic wrap. Transfer the cheese ball dip into the bowl.
- Wrap the plastic wrap around the dip to form a ball.
- Refrigerate the cheese ball over night. When you’re ready to serve the cherry chocolate chip cheese ball, unwrap it and invert it onto a serving platter.
- Cover the top of the cheese ball with the rest of the chocolate chips. Serve and enjoy!
This cheese ball tastes great with all kinds of dippers. Serve it with graham crackers, pretzels, animal crackers, or wafer cookies! Fruit slices are a tasty choice too.
Make sure you give the cheese ball enough time to chill. I recommend chilling for at least 8 hours. If it’s still too soft, don’t worry: you can serve it as a dip instead of a cheese ball! Still delicious.
I have not tasted this with fresh cherries but you could certainly try it! The flavor will be different as fresh cherries do not have added almond flavor and sweeteners. The color will not be as pink with out the added maraschino juice either.
Depending on how fresh your cream cheese is, this cherry chocolate chip cheeseball stays good in the fridge for 3 -4 days. Make sure to keep it chilled and tightly covered when you’re not eating it.
More Easy Dessert Recipes
- Cherry Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies: great use for those maraschino cherries!!
- Lemon Tart
- Cherry Fudge with Dark Chocolate: this is a hit every time I make it!
- Divinity Recipe
- Cherry Puppy Chow
Cherry Chocolate Chip Cheeseball colorful, sweet and easy-to-make treat for Valentine’s Day or any occasion!