Cozy up to this Harvest Salad recipe with it’s delicious Lemon Poppy Seed dressing. You’ll love the flavors of apples, pears, cashews, and swiss cheese in this hearty salad recipe!
Be sure to sign up for my free email subscription…new recipes in your inbox
Click HERE to save recipe to pinterest!
Oh you guys, this Harvest Salad recipe has been made in my kitchen SO MANY TIMES. Although, we don’t call it Harvest Salad. We call it “Kari’s Autumn Salad” after my BFF. The first time I had this I was hooked! Not only is the combination of fruit, nuts, and vegetables amazing…but the sweet poppy seed dressing is the perfect addition to this salad!
I don’t know about you, but I could eat a salad every day for lunch, as long as I change up the dressing and toppings. Today’s salad would be great with some grilled chicken to make it a complete meal!
Thanks to my partnership with Crunch Pak apples, this salad just got a whole lot easier (and tastier). Crunch Pak apple slices are so convenient. We keep bags of them in our fridge for on the go snacking. Some of my favorite recipes here on Shugary Sweets use Crunch Pak apples…like this recipe for Caramel Apple Ring Pops. Seriously cute and fun! This Apple Crumble gets made regularly at our house, as my oldest daughter is a huge fan of this dessert! Plus, it’s so easy to whip up!
How to make a Harvest Salad:
- Start with your favorite fresh greens. I like to use a big head of fresh romaine lettuce for the greens in this salad, but spring greens and arugula and even a little spinach would be a great base as well!
- Dice up your Crunch Pak apple slices (I used the red ones), and a green pear. Add this to your greens.
- You can uses shredded swiss cheese, or cubed, whatever you have on hand. I like that tang of swiss paired with the fruit…but if you don’t like swiss cheese, use your favorite (cheddar is a great substitute).
- Finally, toss in a handful of lightly salted cashews and some dried cranberries. Pistachios are a delicious substitute here.
- Serve with the homemade poppy seed dressing!
How to make Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing:
- I use a small blender or Magic Bullet to make the dressing. You can also use a food processor.
- Add the sugar, lemon juice, onion, dijon mustard, and salt. Process until smooth (and no chunks of onion).
- Add your canola oil and process until creamy. Mix in poppy seeds. Refrigerate until ready to serve (you may need to give it a shake or stir before serving)
If you love today’s Harvest Salad and Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing recipe, you may also enjoy these salads:
- This Homemade Italian Dressing recipe is crazy easy, and wonderful to keep on hand to top your favorite salad!
- Seared chicken, fresh mozzarella and tomato halves, creamy avocado slices and shredded basil leaves are drizzled with an incredible balsamic dressing that doubles as a marinade for the ultimate salad! Cafe Delights shared this Chicken Avocado Caprese salad and I’m in love!
- How about a Spinach and Bacon Salad? The tangy dressing on this will be the perfect addition to your meal!
- Who doesn’t love a good Dorito Taco Salad? A classic All-American salad taken to the next level, even the pickiest eaters will eat their greens!
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Connect with Shugary Sweets! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Harvest Salad with Lemon Poppy seed Dressing recipe:
For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 small yellow onion
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1 Tbsp poppy seeds
For the salad:
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, torn
- 6 oz Crunch Pak apple slices, diced
- 1 pear, diced
- 4 oz shredded swiss cheese
- 1 cup lightly salted cashews
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- In a magic bullet or small blender (or food processor), combine the sugar, lemon juice, onion, mustard, and salt. Process until smooth. Add in oil and poppy seeds. Blend until creamy. Refrigerate dressing until ready to serve.
- In a large salad bowl, add torn pieces of fresh Romaine lettuce. Top with apples, pear, cheese, cashews, and dried cranberries.
- When ready to serve, toss with fresh lemon poppy seed dressing and enjoy!
**I am part of the Ambassador program with Crunch Pak apples. While I have been compensated for this recipe, all opinions are 100% my own**
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**