Mandarin Orange Pretzel Bars
Sweet and salty, this Mandarin Orange Pretzel Bars recipe is the perfect dish to share this summer! You’ll love the nutty pecans in the crust of this sweet treat!
***This post is sponsored by Fisher Nuts. I am excited to be a partner in creating delicious recipes, all opinions are 100% my own***
Be sure to sign up for my email…new recipes in your inbox!
I desperately wanted to call this recipe “Mandarin Orange Pretzel Salad.” I grew up in a time where gelatin salads were a real thing. And they were brought to all family gatherings (actually they still are in my family).
However, I knew some of you would rebel. I thought about calling it “Mandarin Orange Pretzel Dessert” too. But, since my family eats this as a side dish I didn’t want y’all to think it’s ONLY for dessert. You can eat this SALAD anytime you want!
Of course, it would be a fantastic dessert too.
This time of year I’m always looking for easy, no bake recipes to bring to potlucks and bbq’s. And whether you would serve this WITH the meal or as a DESSERT, I think you’ll love the sweet and salty combo in these easy bars!
A few notes about making Mandarin Orange Pretzel Bars:
- I love using Fisher Nuts Pecans. They are preservative free, non GMO and the perfect nutty flavor you come to enjoy in a pecan. No need to toast these pecans for todays recipe, which makes making this dish a breeze! You’ll also have plenty of pecans left for snacking right out of the bag (and fortunately, these Fisher Nuts bags zip closed for maximum freshness)!
- You’ll need about 2 1/2 cups of pretzels. What does that mean? Basically, I used an 11 cup food processor, added my pecans and sugar, then topped that with a couple big handfuls of pretzel twists. You want to use enough pretzels and pecans so that you have enough crumb to make your base of the bar.
- Another tip about the food processor…DON’T over process your pretzels and pecans. Just pulse it a few times until you have some crumbs and some small pieces. Then add in your melted butter with a fork.
- Use a deep 13×9 baking dish. I have a metal one that works great….but my glass ones are a little less deep. This is important when it comes to the orange layer. You don’t want to drip gelatin all over your fridge!
- Let it sit over night or at least 8 hours. This not only gives the top layer time to set, but it allows the pretzel and pecan crust to soften ever so slightly. Perfect for slicing and eating!
Who will you be making these Mandarin Orange Pretzel Bars for this summer?
Connect with Fisher Nuts:
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
For the crust:
- 3/4 cup Fisher Nuts Pecans
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 cups pretzels
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
For the filling:
- 2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 container (8 oz) whipped topping, thawed
For the topping:
- 2 boxes (3 oz each) orange gelatin mix
- 1 3/4 cup boiling water
- 2 cans (15 oz) mandarin oranges, drained
- In a large food processor, add pecans and sugar. Add pretzels and pulse several times until you have some crumbs and some broken pieces. Add melted butter and mix with a fork.
- Press into the bottom of a deep, 13x9 baking dish. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese with condensed milk and lemon juice until smooth (several minutes). Fold in whipping topping and spread over pecan crust.
- In a medium bowl, combine gelatin with boiling water until dissolved. Add in oranges and allow mixture to cool to room temperature (about 15 minutes). Pour over cheesecake filling.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate over night or at least 8 hours. Slice and enjoy!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Fisher nuts. The opinions and text are all mine.
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**