Creamy, Sausage Alfredo Pasta is a quick and versatile dinner recipe that is on the table in under 30 minutes! Noodles are tossed in a hearty, cheesy, alfredo sauce and sausage for an easy, satisfying meal.
Why this Recipe is Best
Sausage Alfredo brings together two of life’s joys: cheese and pasta!
- This recipe uses a few simple ingredients you probably already have in the fridge!
- The alfredo sauce is creamy and flavorful without being too heavy. Smoked sausage makes the pasta even more hearty.
- It’s a kid friendly meal that’s ideal for those busy weeknights.
Pasta. I used bow ties. Any variety of pasta will do!
Parmesan cheese. You need real freshly grated Parmesan here; not the kind from a shaker can.
Smoked sausage. I like turkey sausage in this recipe but pork sausage is tasty too. It should be fully cooked and sliced before adding to the pasta.
Red pepper flakes. These are optional. I add them in at the end to give the creamy sauce a bit of a kick.
First, cook the pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile, saute garlic in butter in a pan on the stove. When the garlic is fragrant, add the heavy cream with salt and pepper.
Stir frequently while cooking until the sauce starts to thicken. Stir in Parmesan cheese.
If you’re using red pepper flakes, add them now, followed by the sausage.
Add the sauce to the pot with the cooked pasta. Toss the pasta with the sauce until evenly coated.
Tips and Tricks
- Buy Parmesan cheese in blocks. Grate it with a box grater or shredder before adding to the recipe. Freshly grated cheese melts much better than packaged shredded cheese.
- Want more heat? Sprinkle a few more red pepper flakes over individual portions of pasta before serving.
- Spicy Italian Sausage is delicious in this sausage alfredo to add more heat, too.
- Got leftover sausage? Use it up in our favorite Jambalaya Pot Pie!
- Add chicken! Our family loves this easy chicken alfredo recipe too.
Alfredo should be made fresh, just before serving. The cream and butter will separate upon reheating. This is not a good choice for a make ahead meal.
Diced cooked chicken makes a delicious swap for the sausage in this recipe!
I do not recommend freezing Sausage Alfredo Pasta. Freezing and thawing affects the consistency of the alfredo sauce.
More Easy Dinner Recipes
- Chicken Pesto Pasta: a delicious, quick dinner recipe for busy weeknights!
- Serve up this Italian Chicken Pasta and watch your family devour it!
- Fork tender, melt in your mouth, this is the BEST Mississippi Pot Roast recipe. A Naturally low-carb dinner idea made in the slow cooker!
- Creamy Tuscan Garlic Blackened Salmon Pasta has a cheesy garlic sauce with cherry tomatoes and fresh spinach! Serve over pasta for a restaurant quality meal in under 30 minutes!
This Sausage Alfredo Pasta is a 30 minute meal that checks all the boxes. It’s easy, flavorful and even picky eater approved!