Cherry Beer Margaritas

I love a good summer drink. Last summer I was addicted to Lemonade Beer with Cherry Rum. These new drinks are very similar.

I really enjoy the taste of the citrus with the beer. Probably why I enjoy a Corona with lime. And that’s where the flavor came from. Marry the corona and lime, with the lemonade beer/cherry rum recipe…and this is what I will be enjoying at 5:00pm on a summer evening.

Yes, I know I used martini glasses, but my margarita glasses were dusty and I was lazy.

These glasses were too small.

Much better. And if you’re wondering how it went, I drank the little one, hubby started the big one. Then I took his and finished it and refilled. And repeat. Yes he enjoyed them, but I didn’t feel like sharing much. Sorry babe. Don’t worry, I’ve stocked up on supplies so we will have them again VERY VERY SOON!

Want more recipes?
Visit my Pinterest Boards:

Drinks (for your next drink inspiration)
Cinco de Mayo (for the perfect food complement to this drink)

**Please drink responsibly. Shugary Sweets is not responsible for your alcohol consumption. This drink is highly addictive!

Cherry Beer Margaritas

by Shugary Sweets

Ingredients (48 ounces)
  • 1 bottle Corona (12oz)
  • 1 can Cherry 7up (12oz)
  • 1 can frozen limeade concentrate (12oz)
  • 12 oz tequila
  • lime and cherries for garnish
In a large pitcher, mix beer, 7up, limeade and tequila until completely combined. Serve over ice with a lime wedge and cherry. Enjoy!

28 Responses to “Cherry Beer Margaritas”

1. posted May 23, 2012 at 1:03 am

This looks so delicious!!

2. posted May 23, 2012 at 1:58 am

Well, now I know what I’m making Sunday night for a dinner party I’m having. Thanks! Mucho yummy!

3. posted May 23, 2012 at 3:12 am

I adore cherry 7up. And Corona. AND lime. And tequila is a given. I’m making this when my husband comes home! (No need to drink alone :)

4. posted May 23, 2012 at 10:21 am

I’m excited to try this!!!! It’s sounds so good for a summer happy hour’

5. posted May 23, 2012 at 11:22 am

What a great recipe! Looks delish! Perfect for the holiday weekend!!

6. posted May 23, 2012 at 12:58 pm

Now I just might like beer all mixed up like that:-) Too funny that you drank his too!!!

7. posted May 24, 2012 at 2:18 am

I can already imagine serving Cherry Beer Margaritas during beach parties with friends and having friends to demand more for such a delicious and well garnished beverage. Thanks for sharing this with us, I’ll have a lot of fun by adding it in my collection of recipes. Keep us updated on your newbies and events.

8. posted May 24, 2012 at 2:19 am

These are so fun! They look so refreshing!

9. posted May 24, 2012 at 2:50 pm

My husband will go nuts for this, such a great idea!

10. posted May 24, 2012 at 5:39 pm

Oh Yes!!! This looks so good right now but it’s only 1:30 pm. ;D Thank you for sharing on Thursday’s Treasures Week 35. I hope you will share again next week. <3 and hugs!

11. posted May 25, 2012 at 1:07 am

ohhhh my! I think you’ve found just the right combination of everything for the Friday night kick-off to the family reunion coming up in June! Thank you, Aimee. These will definitely be a hit at Mayree’s…

12. posted May 25, 2012 at 7:27 pm

I love the cherry 7up idea! I want to make these this weekend :)
    Thanks for the idea!

13. posted May 26, 2012 at 2:49 am

This sounds really good – possibly a drink my husband and I could actually agree on!

14. posted May 27, 2012 at 3:20 pm

Thanks for linking up to the Piece of Cake Party. Looks delicious. It will be a great way to use up the leftover Corona from Cinco de Mayo. See you next week.

15. posted May 27, 2012 at 5:12 pm

sounds and looks delicious!

Thanks so much for linking up! I featured your post in my wrap up

Have a safe and fabulous holiday weekend!

16. posted May 29, 2012 at 2:08 pm

Whoa whoa whoa… cherry beer margs?! I am SO excited to try this. I love lime in my coronas, too–and I am in love with tangerine wheat beer that’s brewed here in Northern California, so this is right up my alley!

17. posted May 29, 2012 at 7:55 pm

Wow! Like the pic using the martini glasses, though!

18. posted May 30, 2012 at 1:33 am

You can bet the drink is awesome! My friend Amy came up with this idea. You may have heard of her…The Blonde Cook. Maybe you should give credit where credit is due.

19. posted May 30, 2012 at 1:46 am

This is indeed a lovely drink…it’s too bad the mastermind behind this recipe hasn’t been given proper credit.

Honestly, it’s common blogger etiquette. I suggest you fix this error.

20. Anonymous
    posted May 30, 2012 at 1:48 am

Wow! Looks like you stole this from another food blog. Shame on you. They did the same drink and even named it the same. They posted before you. Shame!

21. Anonymous
    posted May 30, 2012 at 3:00 am

Funny, I saw this on the REAL creator’s blog before you “came up with it”. As Judy Garland said..better to be a first rate version of yourself than a second rate version of someone else. Why not actually create something original?

22. posted May 30, 2012 at 8:54 am

WOW! To all you “Anonymous-ie: too chicken to reveal your real selves people” I can tell you your “Friend” probably got this recipe from someone else too because the first time I had this “Margarita” was at a Pampered Chef party at least 12 years ago and the consultant said it came from either another consultant or the company. Check out my blog and you’ll find the same recipe posted even BEFORE you’re friend’s recipe, but with
    7-up instead of the cherry 7-up. So I suggest you find something worthwhile to do with your time instead of leaving malicious comments on a recipe that was NEVER patented in the first place. Because let’s face it we all use recipes we have had or seen before and change what we like to make them our own. We are NOT making any proceeds off blogging our recipes. Really – Get a life!

23. posted May 30, 2012 at 8:55 am

Hi Aimee,
    Sorry about that but I had to vent at the uneducated people leaving nasty comments! I have the same recipe on my blog with a different soda flavor. I would choose to ignore people who have nothing better to do with their time than try and get “credit” for their friends who apparently don’t like to share!

Hope you have a wonderful week.

This will probably end up on my blog next 😉

24. posted May 30, 2012 at 1:57 pm

I find it incredibly hard to believe that as popular as the Blond Cook’s Cherry Beer Margarita is and has been for months on pinterest (it made most popular drink!), radio stations, other blogs, google, etc. that another food blogger did not see it if they are professional at all. Simply incredulous. ““The taking of material from another blog or website without explicit permission is, in the end, theft. The reason is the author has worked hard and long to express his or her personal self, the way she sees the world of food, whether through a blog post, a recipe, or even a photograph. It’s her expression, her creativity. When others take that information and post it on their blogs without permission, they’re riding on the creative shoulders of that author.” David Leite

25. posted May 31, 2012 at 12:43 am

Yum! That looks good…perfect for summer. I’d love it if you would consider sharing it with our Summer Recipes linky party. We’re two blogs sharing one combined linky party for double exposure.

26. posted Jun 1, 2012 at 7:58 am

Just like any hibiscus tea, it’s perfect to drink after a long and tiring day! :)

27. Pingback: Foodies Network » Cherry Beer Margaritas