Cherry Margarita Pound Cake
For the Cake:
- 1 cup butter
- 3 cup granulated sugar
- 6 eggs, separated
- 3 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 small limes, zested (save juice)
- 1/2 cup tequila
For the Glaze:
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 5 tsp maraschino cherry juice
- 1 Tbsp lime juice (about 1/2 lime)
- Maraschino cherries, for garnish
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter until creamy. Add in sugar, beating until fluffy. Add egg yolks, one at a time (save whites for later in this recipe). Beat well after each egg yolk addition. Beat in lime zest and tequila (you can substitute 1/2 cup fresh lime juice if you prefer).
- In small bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Slowly add flour mixture, alternating with sour cream until fully mixed.
- In clean mixing bowl, beat egg whites at high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold gently into cake batter. Pour mixture into bundt pun (sprayed with nonstick baking spray with flour). Bake in a 325 degree oven for 85-90 minutes.
- Let cake cool about 10 minutes in pan. Remove from pan then cool completely on wire rack.
- To make glaze, whisk together the sugar with lime and cherry juice. Drizzle over cooled cake. Enjoy!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**