Butterfinger Fudge Cookie Bars
Peanut Butter Cookie Bars topped with a soft chocolate fudge layer and crushed Butterfingers. You’re going to want to make these…trust me!
When I was a kid I used to hoard Butterfinger bars. I would trade half of my candy on Halloween to my brothers and stock up on Butterfingers. I would ask for a Butterfinger most times in the check out lanes while grocery shopping with my mom. I LOVED Butterfinger candy bars.
Then, I moved on to trying everything else in the check out and I no longer chose the same thing. And it wasn’t until years later as an adult that I started buying myself Butterfinger bars again. They are delicious.
I have a shelf (or two) in a our pantry that is off limits to the kids. They are not allowed, under any circumstance, to touch any food on this shelf. And it’s such a teasing shelf, piled high with Reeses and Snickers and chocolate chips. And Butterfingers.
Last week I was cleaning out my pantry, like seriously taking everything out, checking expiration dates, and REALLY cleaning it. Know what I found? 3 bags of mini Butterfinger bites, 6 King Size Butterfinger Bars and 2 Butterfinger crunch bars. Seriously. Totally forgot they were piled up in the back of the pantry. I have come full circle and found myself hoarding Butterfingers once again. I knew I had to do something about them. Besides eat them out of the package (well, the crunch bars were begging to be eaten).
Some of my favorite cookie bars on this blog involve candy. Duh.
Whopper Cookie bars are a malted cookie crust topped with fudge and crushed malt balls. Chubby Hubby Cookie Bars have a malted milk crust too topped with fudge, peanut butter and chocolate covered pretzels. Today’s recipe is a twist on those two favorites cookie bars of mine.
The crust is a peanut butter cookie crust, topped with a layer of fudge and crushed Butterfingers. Seriously, no other descriptions are necessary, you get the picture. These cookie bars ROCK!
Now…time to find something to do with the 4 bags of mini Rolos……
Connect with Shugary Sweets!
I know you want to see behind the scenes…check out my instagram!
Butterfinger Fudge Cookie Bars
Yield: 4-5 dozen
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
For the Base:
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
For the Topping:
- 12oz milk chocolate morsels
- 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 bags (8oz each) Butterfinger Bites, crushed
- For the base, beat butter and brown sugar in mixing bowl until combined. Add peanut butter. Beat in egg and milk. Beat in the flour, salt and baking soda. Press dough into a 15x10x1 baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Dough will be sticky, I dipped my fingers in flour before pressing. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 15-18 minutes. Remove from oven.
- On stovetop in small saucepan, heat sweetened condensed milk until warm. Whisk in the milk chocolate and continue stirring until smooth.
- Pour fudge over cookie bars. Top with crushed Butterfingers, pressing them into the fudge lightly. Allow to cool completely and cut into small bars.
MAKING THIS RECIPE? Share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #ShugarySweets so I can see what you're cooking up in the kitchen!
In my obsession with Butterfingers, I’ve made few desserts over the past two years. These Peanut Butter Cookies with Butterfingers are chewy and perfect.
This soft fudge is also topped with crushed Butterfingers. So smooth with a crunchy top!
Can’t find Butterfingers? That’s okay. I have a copycat Butterfinger recipe. Just for you!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**