Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie is an easy dessert recipe that combines two decadent flavors. Oreo cookie crust gets topped with a creamy peanut butter filling and chocolate ganache for the perfect no-bake pie!
Why This Pie is Best
If you love chocolate and peanut butter together (like most of my readers), this is the no bake peanut butter pie you’ve been dreaming of.
- No bake recipe. Perfect for those hot summer days. Be sure to check out all our favorite no bake desserts.
- Only 9 ingredients. Including the homemade crust!
- Perfect texture. The filling has a consistency similar to french silk pie, but with cream cheese and peanut butter flavor!
- Chocolate peanut butter bliss. We do NOT skimp on the decadence here!
- Make ahead dessert. You can assemble the pie the night before and have an amazing dessert ready by morning.
Are you ready to make the best ever Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie? Let’s get started.
This pie recipe consists of three elements: the crust, the filling and the topping.
- Oreo Crust. I put my Oreo pie crust recipe to work as the base for this peanut butter pie.
- Peanut butter. Make sure to use a shelf stable peanut butter, not one where the oils separate.
- Cool whip. Or substitute my homemade stabilized whipped cream instead!
- Cream cheese. Adds a creamier texture and subtle tang to the sweet filling.
- Chocolate ganache. We make this by melting chocolate with heavy cream for a thick, pourable sauce that sets as the pie chills.
Tips & Tricks
- Use good quality chocolate. A premium brand of chocolate morsels, like Ghirardelli or Guittard makes a big difference in the taste of the ganache.
- Let the ganache cool before adding to the top of the pie. I put it in the refrigerator as I mixed together the peanut butter filling and it was ready to spread over the pie in about 30 minutes.
- Storing. Cover your chocolate peanut butter pie with plastic wrap. Keep chilled until you’re ready to slice and enjoy.
Yes, our Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie recipe holds up beautifully to freezing. Keep if fresh in the freezer by covering it with a double layer of both plastic wrap and foil.
Peanut Butter pie keeps well in the refrigerator for about 5 days.
In the freezer, it stays good for up to 2 months.
I don’t recommend making this filling with natural peanut butter. The oils separate to the top as the peanut butter rests, which will leave your filling with a grainier consistency.
Yes, you can easily make this no bake pie with a store bought Oreo crust if you don’t want to make it yourself.
More Easy Dessert Recipes
- Chocolate Ice Cream
- Tres Leches Cake
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars
- Banana Pudding
- Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
A chilled, creamy peanut butter pie with chocolate ganache! This indulgent dessert is easy to make without ever touching the oven.