Butterfinger Fudge Cookie Bars are peanut butter cookies, topped with a soft chocolate fudge layer and crushed Butterfingers. You’re going to want to make these…trust me!
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest!
When I was a kid I used to hoard Butterfinger bars. I would trade half of my candy on Halloween to my brothers and stock up on Butterfingers. Growing up, I would ask for a Butterfinger most times in the check out lanes while grocery shopping with my mom. I LOVED Butterfinger candy bars.
Then, I moved on to trying everything else in the check out and I no longer chose the same thing. And it wasn’t until years later as an adult that I started buying myself Butterfinger bars again. They are delicious.
I have a shelf (or two) in a our pantry that is off limits to the kids. They are not allowed, under any circumstance, to touch any food on this shelf. And it’s such a teasing shelf, piled high with Reeses and Snickers and chocolate chips. And Butterfingers.
Last week I was cleaning out my pantry, like seriously taking everything out, checking expiration dates, and REALLY cleaning it. Know what I found? 3 bags of mini Butterfinger bites, 6 King Size Butterfinger Bars and 2 Butterfinger crunch bars. Seriously. Totally forgot they were piled up in the back of the pantry. I have come full circle and found myself hoarding Butterfingers once again. I knew I had to do something about them. Besides eat them out of the package (well, the crunch bars were begging to be eaten).
That’s where these Butterfinger Fudge Cookie Bars came into play. Piled on top of a peanut butter cookie is a layer of decadent chocolate fudge and crushed Butterfingers.
How to make Butterfinger Fudge Cookie Bars:
- Start by making your peanut butter cookie dough. Homemade is best, but if you’re in a hurry you can use the refrigerated peanut butter cookie dough from the grocery store! (you’ll need the big 30 oz package…or two small ones)
- Press the cookie dough into your baking sheet. You’ll need a 15x10x1-inch pan. Bake in oven (either following recipe below or package). Remove and continue directions.
- For the fudge layer, combine your sweetened condense milk with chocolate chips and melt it (whether on the stovetop or in the microwave, at 30 second intervals). Pour this over the cookie layer, and spread evenly (not quite to the edges of the pan though). It’s okay of the cookie bars are still warm.
- Sprinkle with crushed butterfingers. Whether you are using the bites, full size bars, or minis….smash em and sprinkle em. Refrigerate to set it quickly. Slice and enjoy.
Some of my favorite cookie bars on this blog involve candy.
Whopper Cookie bars are a malted cookie crust topped with fudge and crushed malt balls. Chubby Hubby Cookie Bars have a malted milk crust too topped with fudge, peanut butter and chocolate covered pretzels. Today’s recipe is a twist on those two favorites cookie bars of mine.
Now…time to find something to do with the 4 bags of mini Rolos……
In my obsession with Butterfingers, I’ve made few desserts over the past few years.
These Peanut Butter Cookies with Butterfingers are chewy and perfect.
This soft fudge is also topped with crushed Butterfingers. So smooth with a crunchy top!
Can’t find Butterfingers? That’s okay. I have a copycat Butterfinger recipe. Just for you!
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Connect with Shugary Sweets!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Butterfinger Fudge Cookie Bar recipe:
Peanut Butter Cookie Bars topped with a soft chocolate fudge layer and crushed Butterfingers. You're going to want to make these...trust me!
For the Cookie Bar:
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
For the Topping:
- 12oz milk chocolate morsels
- 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 bags (8oz each) Butterfinger Bites, crushed
- For the cookie bars, beat butter and brown sugar in mixing bowl until combined. Add peanut butter. Beat in egg and milk. Beat in the flour, salt and baking soda. Press dough into a 15x10x1 baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Dough will be sticky, I dipped my fingers in flour before pressing. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 15-18 minutes. Remove from oven.
- On stovetop in small saucepan, heat sweetened condensed milk until warm. Whisk in the milk chocolate and continue stirring until smooth.
- Pour fudge over cookie bars. Top with crushed Butterfingers, pressing them into the fudge lightly. Allow to cool completely and cut into small bars.
**If desired, substitute refrigerated peanut butter cookie dough for the homemade version.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
*Today’s recipe for Butterfinger Fudge Cookie Bars was originally published on Shugary Sweets on June 5, 2013 and has been republished in June 2018.