Caramel Apple Dip

by aimee @ shugarysweets on October 10, 2013

Grab your crackers, apples or spoons! This creamy Caramel Apple Dip is outrageously delicious!

Caramel Apple Dip: sweet caramel dip filled with apples and peanuts!

I am very fortunate to have kids who LOVE apples. The phrase “apple a day” holds true in our house. My oldest daughter probably eats two per day.

Occasionally they like a good dip for their apples. Whether it be peanut butter, nutella, or even the store bought caramel dip.

This recipe is pretty close to the store bought dip (only better though, duh!!). However, I added in a few delicious ingredients. Like, more apples. You know, in case the apple dipper wasn’t enough, you get more IN the dip. Or on your cracker! Or cookie!

I also added in some dry roasted peanuts. Guess what? You could grab a spoon and just go to town on this dip. It tastes like a caramel apple without the mess!

Caramel Apple Dip: sweet caramel dip filled with apples and peanuts!

Yeah, I’m kinda a neat freak in that way. I seriously dislike messy food. I LOVE the taste of drippy caramel, gooey chocolate…but OMG get a napkin and clean yourself up!

I’m also a little obsessive after I eat something, asking “anything in my teeth.” I’m sure some of my friends (and family!) are nodding their heads right now!

But back to this dip. You could totally leave out the apples if you want. You could also spread this in a pie plate and sprinkle on the peanuts. That would be cute too! OR…you could “deconstruct” this dip by mixing the cream cheese with the powdered sugar, layering it on the bottom of a pie plate. Top it with the dulce de leche then the peanuts and apples. Scoop with graham crackers.

See, I’m totally flexible. And helpful. Now, get a napkin and dig in (but please don’t drip any down your chin, cause that grosses me out)!

Caramel Apple Dip: sweet caramel dip filled with apples and peanuts!

Connect with Shugary Sweets!

Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Pinterest | instagram | Bloglovin’

Caramel Apple Dip

Prep Time: 2 hours

• 8 oz cream cheese, softened
  • 1 can (13.4oz) dulce de leche
  • 2 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 cup apples, diced and peeled
  • 1 cup dry roasted peanuts

1. In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese with powdered sugar. Beat in the dulce de leche. Fold in apples and peanuts. Refrigerate for 2 hours and serve with crackers, apples, or fruit!

Love Caramel Apples?

apple nachos

A big tray of Apple Nachos- perfect for your next party!

apple blondies with caramel buttercream

One of my MOST favorite dessert: Apple Blondies with Caramel Buttercream and Toffee bits

apple pie dip

Of course, if you love today’s recipe, then you should give this Apple Pie Dip a try too!

More great APPLE recipes from around the web:

Caramel Apple Mousse Cake from The Gunny Sack

Apple Caramel Oatmeal Cookies from Will Cook for Smiles

Caramel Apple Monkey Bread from Mom on Timeout

Averie @ Averie Cooks October 10, 2013 at 7:30 pm

That looks crazy good. I’d also fold in some homemade honey roasted PB…or any PB…not that there’s not enough fat grams going on already. LOL Seriously hide the spoons. Love it. Pinned. Thanks for your help/insights today on the FB stuff!
Averie @ Averie Cooks recently posted..No-Bake Honey Nut Cheerios Snack BarsMy Profile

Lyuba@willcookforsmiles October 10, 2013 at 7:31 pm

Mmmm, I love apple caramel anything but this dip sounds super! Thanks you for the shout-out, Aimee! (P.S. I love that dip bowl!)
Lyuba@willcookforsmiles recently posted..Almond Joy BrowniesMy Profile

Meg @ Sweet Twist October 10, 2013 at 7:42 pm

I have an apple a day as well. Just went picking yesterday.

This dip would be perfect.
Meg @ Sweet Twist recently posted..Good Things Come in 3s Giveaway!My Profile

Medeja October 10, 2013 at 9:03 pm

It’s with dulce de leche ! I am sure it was irresistible!
Medeja recently posted..Pyragas su Klevų Sirupu ir Graikiškais Riešutais/ Walnut and Maple Syrup LoafMy Profile

Mandy's Recipe Box October 10, 2013 at 11:33 pm

Yum! We love apples too and I have just tried peanut butter with them for the first time and love it! This looks delicious!
Mandy’s Recipe Box recently posted..Pumpkin Heavenly Oreo DessertMy Profile

Rochelle @ Oh So Sweet Baker October 11, 2013 at 5:43 am

You had me at caramel
Rochelle @ Oh So Sweet Baker recently posted..Apple Crumble Muffins with Whipped Maple ButterMy Profile

Erin | The Law Student's Wife October 11, 2013 at 9:46 am

Ooooooh lala! Just made something similar a few weeks ago for a game watch, but I love your addition of the peanuts. Salty-sweet gets me every time.
Erin | The Law Student’s Wife recently posted..Pumpkin Pull Apart BreadMy Profile

Mary Frances @ The Sweet {Tooth} Life October 11, 2013 at 11:35 am

I really like the pie idea! The flavor and texture combo is making me drool … sorry, I mean, want to daintily dip my apple slice in this … and then drool:) I have to agree with you though, food on the face makes eating uncomfortable. I think I would have to take this bowl to my closet because, trust me, it would be on my face!
Mary Frances @ The Sweet {Tooth} Life recently posted..Why I CompeteMy Profile

Eva @ Eva Bakes October 11, 2013 at 1:21 pm

You know me too well – I would totally go to town on this with just a plain old spoon!
Eva @ Eva Bakes recently posted..Red bean paste mochiMy Profile

Eat Good 4 Life October 12, 2013 at 6:22 pm

What a great idea. Caramel and apples together…that is just genius!!
Eat Good 4 Life recently posted..Caramelized onions and date couscous saladMy Profile

Nutmeg Nanny October 12, 2013 at 9:19 pm

This recipe is incredible :) give me a spoon and it’ll be gone in a minute!
Nutmeg Nanny recently posted..Almond Ricotta PancakesMy Profile

Elizabeth @ Confessions of a Baking Queen October 12, 2013 at 9:48 pm

I’ll take a spoon! This looks gorgeous!!
Elizabeth @ Confessions of a Baking Queen recently posted..Pumpkin Blondies with Carmel ButtercreamMy Profile

Jess @ On Sugar Mountain October 14, 2013 at 10:05 am

As if I needed another excuse to enjoy caramel-apple goodness this autumn! Aimee this dip looks delectable heehee. Though eating it in a non-terrifyingly-messy way might be impossible. ;)
Jess @ On Sugar Mountain recently posted..Pumpkin Chili with GuinnessMy Profile