Beef Pot Pie Soup
Looking for something different for dinner, yet still has all the elements of comfort food? Try making some Beef Pot Pie “Stoup” with pie crust strips for dinner!! So delicious!
Be sure to sign up for my email…new recipes in your inbox
Yes. You read that correctly. I know it’s very Rachael Ray of me to say “stoup.” What is STOUP? It’s a cross between soup and stew.
If you love Beef Stew you are going to flip over this easy, delicious recipe for Beef Pot Pie Soup.
Last year I made a Chicken Pot Pie Soup that is still one of our favorites. And you can see many readers love it too!
Growing up we ate a lot of pot pies for dinner. I remember we had choices of chicken, turkey or beef. I almost always chose chicken…but the beef were so good too. I’ve been wanting to make a beef version of that soup for some time now.
One of my favorite additions to the pot pie soup last year was making the pie crust strips. I did this again for today’s recipe! Just lay your pie crust (I use Pillsbury ready made) onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Use a pastry cutter (or pizza cutter) to cut strips. Bake and enjoy on the soup. I always use both pie crusts, since my family gobbles these down while the soup is cooking.
For the soup, use a big soup pot, I like this Le Creuset Dutch Oven (5 1/2qt pot). You can cook everything right in one pot! Makes a great gift too.
Once your STOUP is made, serve it up in some bowls with your pie crust strips. The leftovers (if you have any) thicken up just like beef stew. So you can eat it as stew the next day. Or, thin it out with some beef broth. Another option for the stoup would be adding in some carrots, broccoli and/or peas. I use whatever I have in my kitchen! ENJOY!
Connect with Shugary Sweets! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Beef Pot Pie Soup
Yield: 4-6 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 box Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie Crusts, thawed
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 lb beef stew meat, cut small
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 3 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced small
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 package (.87oz) McCormick Brown Gravy Mix
- 1 cup shredded White Cheddar Cheese (I use Cabot)
- 1 tsp dried (or fresh) parsley
- Thaw pie crusts according to package directions. Unroll and cut into 1inch wide strips, using a pastry cutter or pizza cutter. Separate slightly and bake in a 450 degree oven for 6-8minutes. Remove and cool until ready to use.
- In a large pot, heat olive oil and beef stew meat over medium high heat. Cook until browned, about 5-8 minutes, turning occasionally. Remove meat from pan.
- To the pot, add butter, onion, celery and potato. Cook about 3-5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the milk and gravy mix until no clumps. Add to pot, with the broth, red pepper, salt, pepper and the beef. Cover and turn heat to medium. Cook until potato is soft, about 15 minutes.
- When ready to serve, stir in the shredded cheddar and parsley. Top with pie crust strips. ENJOY
MAKING THIS RECIPE? Share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #ShugarySweets so I can see what you're cooking up in the kitchen!
Love Soup? You’ve come to the RIGHT place. Here are a few of my favorite recipes!
Bacon Cheeseburger Soup: tastes like a burger, trust me!
Zuppa Toscana Soup: Olive Garden copycat recipe!
Turkey Noodle Soup: a great use for your leftover turkey on Thanksgiving. Chicken will work well too!
Lasagna Soup: creamy, delicious comfort food!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**