Birthday Cake Biscotti makes a perfect breakfast for your loved one’s special day. These crunchy biscotti are filled with colorful sprinkles and dipped in white chocolate with extra sprinkles on top!
Why this Biscotti Is Best
Today’s biscotti is also inspired by cake: Birthday Cake!
- Birthday Cake Biscotti have a buttery flavor with the perfect amount of sweetness.
- They taste like just like funfetti cake baked into crisp crunchy breakfast cookies.
- Serve them for a birthday breakfast, dessert or afternoon treat.
- Delicious with a cup of hot coffee for dunking!
This biscotti dough starts with a simple mixture of butter, sugar, eggs and flour. Give it a cake batter twist with these other additions:
- Butter flavoring – This extract gives the biscotti an even richer, more buttery flavor.
- Sprinkles – We used rainbow sprinkles for a festive look! Jimmies sprinkles or round “confetti” sprinkles are perfect.
- White chocolate wafers – Ghirardelli brand is best. The wafers melt smoothly and set up beautifully on the biscotti.
How to Make Biscotti
Making Birthday Cake Biscotti is easier than you might think.
- Mix together the dough ingredients and fold in half of the sprinkles. Shape the dough into two logs and bake for about 25 minutes.
- Now, cut the dough into slices and bake again until golden brown on both sides.
- Dip the tops of cooled biscotti in melted white chocolate. Immediately add the remaining sprinkles on top.
Let the chocolate set for a few minutes, then eat and enjoy!
Tips & Tricks
- Can’t find butter flavoring? Swap it out for vanilla extract in this biscotti recipe.
- Flip the biscotti halfway through their second bake to ensure both sides get fully baked.
- Store biscotti in an airtight container at room temperature. Enjoy within 2 weeks.
- Feel free to use different sprinkle colors for different holidays and occasions!
Biscotti is both! It’s served in Italy as an accompaniment to an after-dinner espresso or morning coffee. It’s sweet but not quite as sweet as many cookies, so you can serve it just about any time of day.
That’s up to you. I love dunking one of these birthday cake biscotti into my coffee. The coffee softens the crunchy cookies just a bit while giving my coffee a little birthday cake flavor too!
Of course, you can also enjoy them all on their own if you’re not a coffee fan. Or try them with a glass of milk!
Biscotti can be frozen, but it loses much of its hard crunchy texture. I also wouldn’t recommend freezing biscotti with sprinkles. As the biscotti thaw, the sprinkles will “bleed” color changing their appearance.
Absolutely! I tend to use unsalted butter for baking but salted will work in this recipe too.
More Easy Dessert Recipes
- Dark Chocolate Cake: my ideal birthday cake. This one is absolutely incredible!
- Nutella No Bake Cookies: these are little bites of heaven.
- Lemon Meringue Fudge: this still ranks as my all time favorite fudge recipe!
- Banana Pudding Recipe
- Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Truffles: eggless treats that are incredible.
Celebrate another trip around the sun with these festive, easy Birthday Cake Biscotti!