Blueberry Zucchini Muffins: easy breakfast and freezes well too!
Easy, moist Blueberry Zucchini Muffins are the perfect breakfast or on-the-go snack! They freeze well too, with or without the sweet glaze!
My zucchini crop has finally stopped producing..which means I’m coming to end of zucchini recipes for this season (don’t worry, I still have one more after today to share)!
Let’s talk about breakfast for a minute shall we?
I’m so bad about eating a good breakfast, and I blame it on blogging. Although, really, if I reflect back, I never have been a good breakfast eater.
With my blog schedule, I wake up early, and do about an hours worth of work before all my kids are out for the day. I sip on my coffee and consider that breakfast. Once my kids are off to school, I spend my mornings walking, working out, and doing other fun stuff. Too busy for breakfast.
I consider it a “win” that today’s muffins have fruit and veggies…hahahaha!! Which means, if I eat a Blueberry Zucchini Muffin every morning, I’m starting my day off healthy, right? Don’t judge my logic, embrace it!
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #shugarysweets so I can see all the wonderful SHUGARY SWEETS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Shugary Sweets! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
For the muffins:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup vanilla greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 lemon zested
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
For the glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray muffin tins with baking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients except the blueberries. Stir just until combined and fold in the blueberries.
- Fill muffins tins 3/4 full and bake for 5 minutes at 425, then reduce heat to 350°F (keeping the muffins in the oven still) and bake an additional 18-20 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Cool 5 minutes, then remove from tins and cool completely.
- For the glaze, whisk together the lemon juice and milk with the powdered sugar until smooth. Drizzle over cooled muffins.
- Enjoy within a day or two, or freeze for later.
Love muffins? Here are a few of my favorites…
Lemon Poppy Seed Zucchini Muffins: oh, and the sweetest crumble and glaze to top it off!
Banana Muffins with a sweet, cinnamon glaze!
Pumpkin Muffins with a Maple Glaze: breakfast perfection!
If you love today’s muffin recipe, check out these recipes from my blog friends:
- Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Muffins from Something Swanky
- Blueberry Poppy Seed Muffins from Lemons for Lulu
- Lemon Donut Muffins from Inside BruCrew Life
- Maple Bacon Streusel Muffins from Will Cook for Smiles
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**