Blueberry Zucchini Muffins: easy breakfast and freezes well too!
Easy, moist Blueberry Zucchini Muffins are the perfect breakfast or on-the-go snack! They freeze well too, with or without the sweet glaze!
Be sure to sign up for my email…new recipes in your inbox!
My zucchini crop has finally stopped producing..which means I’m coming to end of zucchini recipes for this season (don’t worry, I still have one more after today to share)!
Let’s talk about breakfast for a minute shall we?
I’m so bad about eating a good breakfast, and I blame it on blogging. Although, really, if I reflect back, I never have been a good breakfast eater.
With my blog schedule, I wake up early, and do about an hours worth of work before all my kids are out for the day. I sip on my coffee and consider that breakfast. Once my kids are off to school, I spend my mornings walking, working out, and doing other fun stuff. Too busy for breakfast.
I consider it a “win” that today’s muffins have fruit and veggies…hahahaha!! Which means, if I eat a Blueberry Zucchini Muffin every morning, I’m starting my day off healthy, right? Don’t judge my logic, embrace it!
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #shugarysweets so I can see all the wonderful SHUGARY SWEETS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Shugary Sweets! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
For the muffins:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup vanilla greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 lemon zested
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
For the glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray muffin tins with baking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients except the blueberries. Stir just until combined and fold in the blueberries.
- Fill muffins tins 3/4 full and bake for 5 minutes at 425, then reduce heat to 350°F (keeping the muffins in the oven still) and bake an additional 18-20 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Cool 5 minutes, then remove from tins and cool completely.
- For the glaze, whisk together the lemon juice and milk with the powdered sugar until smooth. Drizzle over cooled muffins.
- Enjoy within a day or two, or freeze for later.
Love muffins? Here are a few of my favorites…
Lemon Poppy Seed Zucchini Muffins: oh, and the sweetest crumble and glaze to top it off!
Banana Muffins with a sweet, cinnamon glaze!
Pumpkin Muffins with a Maple Glaze: breakfast perfection!
If you love today’s muffin recipe, check out these recipes from my blog friends:
- Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Muffins from Something Swanky
- Blueberry Poppy Seed Muffins from Lemons for Lulu
- Lemon Donut Muffins from Inside BruCrew Life
- Maple Bacon Streusel Muffins from Will Cook for Smiles
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**