Easy Oreo truffles that are perfect for your Halloween party or stay-at-home celebration. Halloween Oreos are mixed with cream cheese and dipped in white chocolate!
Love candy corn? I’ve included this sweet treat in these Pay Day Cookies and my favorite Pay Day Caramel Corn recipe!
Easy Oreo Truffles
I love truffles.
With all the truffle making I do, you’d think I would have made traditional Oreo Truffles sooner. You know, chocolate Oreos with cream cheese, dipped in chocolate coating?
I have these fun Christmas Santa Hat Oreo Balls, but no classic oreo truffle yet.
Of course, I couldn’t go strictly traditional in my first go at making homemade Oreo Truffles. I found these Candy Corn Oreos at Target and had to try them!
These are so easy to make with the kids for Halloween! Whether you’re having a Halloween bash or just staying at home with spooky movies this year, Candy Corn Oreo Truffles are perfect for helping you celebrate.
- Candy Corn Oreos – This seasonal flavor of Oreos brings classic Halloween color and flavor to the truffles. If you can’t find them, it’s okay. Use golden Oreos with some food coloring to make the centers orange!
- Cream cheese – Plain, unflavored cream cheese works best. Let it soften for a few minutes on the counter so it’s easier to work with.
- Vanilla candy coating – White chocolate or vanilla melting wafers make the outsides of the truffle smooth for an clean appearance and soft texture. If you can’t find candy coating, you can substitute white chocolate chips.
- Candy corn and sprinkles – Optional garnishes make the Oreo truffles more festive and add a pop of color!
Step by Step Instructions
STEP 1. Blend the Oreos and cream cheese
In a food processor, pulse the cookies until they become fine crumbs. Put the crumbs in a mixer with the cream cheese and blend until combined.
STEP 2. Roll and freeze
Roll truffles into one inch balls. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and freeze for one hour.
STEP 3. Coat with chocolate
When the truffles are frozen solid, melt white chocolate in a bowl. Use a toothpick to dip each truffle into the melted chocolate.
Immediately top with candy corn or sprinkles. Repeat until all truffles have been dipped.
Tips & Tricks
- Store Candy Corn Oreo Truffles in airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- After dipping the truffle into the chocolate, tap it on the edge of the bowl so the excess slides off. Make sure any excess chocolate has dripped off before placing the truffles back on the baking sheet. This helps prevent big lumps of chocolate coating forming under each truffle.
- Holiday treat- Love candy corn? Try our candy corn cupcakes next!
Yes, if you’re not a fan of candy corn or can’t get candy corn Oreos, go ahead and make these anyway with golden Oreos or regular oreos! You’ll have a traditional and delicious Oreo truffle. Add food coloring to the cream cheese mixture if you like to make them orange for Halloween!
Yes! Store in freezer bags and let frozen truffles thaw in the fridge before serving.
I love using Ghirardelli white chocolate melting wafers. Not only do they melt smooth and taste amazing, they set up perfectly for truffles!
More Halloween Recipes
- Oreo Peanut Butter Truffles…oh so delicious!
- Candy Corn and Oreos make an appearance in this deliciously easy Halloween Fudge Ring!
- Peanut Butter Candy Corn Rice Krispie Treats
- Monster Sugar Cookies
- Spooky Brookies
A velvety white chocolate shell gives way to a sweet cream cheese filling in these Candy Corn flavored truffles! Make these Halloween Oreo Truffles with the kids this year.
I love those candy corn Oreos! I”m sure they make incredible truffles!!!
Oh wow, I love the idea of using candy corn oreos:) this is perfect!
These candy corn Oreo truffles are perfect for Halloween and look amazing!! I will have to try : )
Love oreo truffles so obvi would die over these! And no judgement with eating these for breakfast, that’s daily breakfast for me, chocolate that is! 😉
What a great way to enjoy candy corn besides eating it right out of the bag! I love Oreo truffles, so this is a win-win situation.
I seriously need to find these Oreo’s! These truffles would be perfect for my sons class party! I’m on the look out!
THESE ARE SO CUTE! I have never made classic oreo truffles either, but it’s hard to say no when they look so festive! 😀
Welllll, I’ve totally fallen off the candy corn bandwagon, so this is what I need to jump back on! If anything, my little sister would love me for getting Candy Corn Oreos:) Hehe, of course you havent’ tried the easy peasy plain old Oreo truffles – since when do food bloggers make normal stuff? 🙂 These look fabulous for any party and would be the easiest way ever to eat Oreo cheesecake!
Sadly I have been looking for these Oreos, but no luck this year! Oreo truffles for breakfast, lunch, and snack…I like the way you think! These sound awesome and look so festive!!!
I’ve never made Oreo truffles — these look so scrumptious and super easy to make!
I saw the candy corn Oreos in Target too but didn’t get them… What’s wrong with me? These look fabulous!
Omg, Candy Corn Oreos!!?? I have to make these! Pinning and sharing 🙂
These are so cute! Candy corn! I love it!
I’ve never made traditional Oreo truffles either. I love how festive these are for Halloween, Aimee!
Holla! Perfect for Halloween! So festive and fun not to mention delicious! 🙂
These are adorable! I bought 2 packages of Candy Corn Oreos…this would be the perfect way to use them up!
So cute! I’ve been rocking the candy corn posts lately but not with the Oreos. I need to try those. These look great – pinned!
I haven’t seen the candy corn Oreos yet, I will have to look next time at Target because these are too cute not to make for Halloween.
Love this Aimee! I need to be on the look out for some candy corn Oreos!!
These look so good! They are so cute, especially with the single piece of candy corn placed on top.
I love the ones with the candy corn on top too!!!