Sweet and comforting, this Cinnamon Maple Coffee Cake is a delightful breakfast!
You may all remember a few months ago I made this Cinnamon Apple Coffee Cake?
I have to say the edge pieces were my favorite. They had a chewy texture (like a cinnamon roll), and the buttery streusel topping gave this a little extra crunch on top!
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- When heating the water and butter, do NOT overheat. I use a kitchen thermometer for this. You don’t want to scald the yeast (because then it won’t rise).
- Once you’ve made the “dough” and pressed it into the pan, cover this with a clean kitchen towel and allow it rise for about 45 minutes.
- While the dough was rising, I whipped up the streusel topping. You can use a pastry blender to cut in the butter, but I always find using my hands works best. You want to mix until it’s “crumbly” with small pieces of butter still visible.
- After baking, allow the cake to cool slightly before adding the glaze.
- I recommend that you store it covered at room temperature for up to 3 days. Mine started to get a little stale by day 4, but I popped a piece in the microwave for 15 seconds, and it was perfect. So there’s that.