If you love PF Changs Lettuce Wraps, this simple copycat recipe made in the slow cooker is perfect! Lettuce wraps are an easy weeknight dinner the whole family will love!
Copycat PF Changs
My husband HATES mushrooms, and since PF Changs lettuce wraps are 99% mushroom, I had to figure out a replacement, and fast!
Well, I did it! And, the best part, it simmers all day in the slow cooker (totally easy), and when you are ready to serve you just scoop it on your lettuce leaf!
Are you a doubter? Let me PROVE it to you. Try this recipe. ASAP.
- Healthy flavorful meal
- Slow Cooker dinner
- Copycat PF Chang recipe- save money and stay home!
Step by Step Instructions
Brown the meat: In a large skillet, brown ground turkey (or chicken and cook) over medium high heat with chopped onion until fully cooked. Drain off excess liquid.
PRO TIP: Many new models of crockpots and slow cookers have a saute function, eliminating the need to dirty another dish. Might be time for an upgrade!
Slow Cook: Add cooked turkey and onion to slow cooker with celery, ½ cup hoisin sauce, soy sauce, water, garlic, ginger, brown sugar, sesame oil, chili oil, bamboo shoots and water chestnuts. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours in the slow cooker.
What is Hoisin Sauce? It’s a sweet and spicy red sauce made with soybeans. Imagine a thick bbq sauce for chinese cooking!
Garnish: Before serving, mix in a can of bean sprouts and chopped cilantro. Serve by scooping a spoonful in the butter lettuce or any style lettuce leaves. Drizzle with the leftover (¼ cup) hoisin sauce. Enjoy!
If desired, you can swap out the ground turkey for mushrooms (or even ground chicken).
Stove Top Instructions
Imagine in twenty minutes you can have dinner on the table!
- Start by browning your meat with the onion in a large skillet.
- Add the celery, ½ cup hoisin sauce, soy sauce, water, garlic, ginger, brown sugar, sesame oil, chili oil, bamboo shoots and water chestnuts and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, for about 10 minutes.
- Add in the bean sprouts and cilantro and stir until warmed.
- Remove from heat and serve in lettuce leaves. Drizzle extra hoisin sauce on top for garnish!
More Easy Dinner Recipes
- Sesame Chicken
- Beef Broccoli
- Oven Baked Pork Chops
- Sausage Egg Roll Skillet
- Panda Express Orange Chicken