Sausage Egg Roll Skillet
Forget the Chinese takeout, make your own Sausage Egg Roll Skillet at home! It’s low carb and the perfect, easy weeknight dinner recipe!
You guys. My friend Karly from Buns in my Oven shared this recipe a couple years ago, and I’ve been wanting to make it ever since I first laid eyes on it! Basically, imagine a Sausage Egg Roll deconstructed in an easy skillet recipe!
Best part? It came together in minutes and my whole family LOVED it. We’ll be trying it with shredded chicken and shrimp soon too!
Chinese take out is so good, but you never know what junk gets put in there. That’s why we love creating these recipes at home! I’ve got two recipes for Orange Chicken. This classic version of Orange Chicken is our favorite….but if you need something easier, my recipe for Slow Cooker Orange Chicken is wonderful too, as is this Beef Broccoli! Don’t forget to make a side of Chicken Fried Rice!
Today’s recipe for Sausage Egg Roll Skillet is super filling, and low carb too! We drizzled on some duck sauce for added tang and flavor. It turned out perfect. Don’t forget to pick up some fortune cookies too! ENJOY!
Recipes for more take out dishes made at home:
Crispy Orange Beef from Fifteen Spatulas is on my menu for next week. Doesn’t it look fantastic?? One thing we always order is a Beef Broccoli dish, and this recipe for Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry from Barefeet in the Kitchen is calling our name! Love how easy it is to make, too! You can’t have chinese takeout without an order of Crab Rangoon. Thank you Brown Eyed Baker for the perfect recipe to make it at home!
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Connect with Shugary Sweets! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Forget the Chinese takeout, make your own Sausage Egg Roll Skillet at home! It's low carb and the perfect, easy weeknight dinner recipe!
- 1 lb ground pork sausage (mild)
- 1 head green cabbage (outer layer removed), about 6 cups shredded
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- duck sauce, for garnish, optional
- Preheat large skillet over medium heat. Add in pork sausage, and cook thoroughly, crumbling with a wooden spoon. (I drained the excess fat out of the skillet, that's optional).
- Add in shredded cabbage (or 6 cups of shredded coleslaw mix), garlic, ginger, and soy sauce. Cook for several minutes (about 5) until cabbage has softened, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and add green onions and sesame oil. Stir and serve in bowls. Drizzle with duck sauce, if desired! ENJOY.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Lodge Seasoned Cast Iron 3 Skillet Bundle. 12” + 10.25” + 8” Set of 3 Cast Iron Frying Pans
- OXO Good Grips 4-Piece Mini Measuring Beaker Set
- GORILLA GRIP Original Reversible Cutting Board (3-Piece), BPA Free, Juice Grooves, Larger Thicker Boards, Easy Grip Handle, Dishwasher Safe, Non-Porous, Extra Large, Kitchen (Set of Three: Black)
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**