Cucumber Tomato Salad
Healthy and light, this fresh Cucumber Tomato Salad is a delicious summer side dish!
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest!
My garden is exploding this year! Given the combination of heat and rain, it’s been the perfect year for a vegetable garden.
I’m not even exaggerating when I tell you I have 34 loaves of zucchini bread (all different varieties) in my freezer! Baked, wrapped, and ready to enjoy!
I’ve also made over 40 pints of pickles from all my cucumbers.
If you follow me on Instagram ( YOU DO RIGHT???), you may have seen on my stories that I signed up for a local CSA. I receive a box of fresh vegetables every week, and of course it’s been packed! Last week I got a beautiful bag of rainbow colored cherry tomatoes. And they tasted amazing too!
Today’s Cucumber Tomato Salad can be made in minutes, and is the perfect summer side dish to all your grilling meals. Also makes for a perfect potluck recipe, so fresh and tasty!
How to make a Cucumber Tomato Salad:
- Begin by washing all your fresh vegetables and herbs, including your cucumbers, tomatoes, onion, and cilantro.
- Peel and slice your cucumbers, and I also cut each cherry tomato in half as they were quite large. By cutting them in half, they also absorb some of the delicious lime juice you pour on them!
- Peel and slice your onions thin. I like to keep them bigger so my picky onion haters can remove them without whining!
- Once you have your cumbers, tomatoes, and onion in a bowl, squeeze the juice of two limes over the salad. Add a pinch of kosher salt and about 1/2 cup of chopped, fresh cilantro. Stir and enjoy!
If you love salad, here are some of my favorite summer salad recipes:
- You’ll love this garden fresh Cucumber Dill Salad! Serve it up with your next summer meal for a crisp, savory, flavorful bite!
- This Roasted Corn Salad recipe was given to me by a neighbor. I’ve made it 4 times in the past two weeks, it’s that good! The honey-lime dressing gives a touch of sweetness to the veggies!
- Every potluck needs this Broccoli Salad on the table. It’s tangy and sweet and the perfect summer side dish!
- Chinese Coleslaw with ramen noodles is crunchy and sweet and irresistible.
- A fresh, low-calorie option for summertime munching, this Thai Summer Salad from Recipe Girl is always a hit!
- This sweet and savory summer salad is a family favorite – filled with lettuce, fruit, and a sweet and sour dressing. Steph’s Summer Salad from Taste and Tell is sure to become your favorite, too!
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Connect with Shugary Sweets!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Cucumber Tomato Salad Recipe:
Cucumber Tomato Salad
Yield: serves 6
Prep Time:10 minutes
Total Time:10 minutes
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes (and variety), cut in half
- 1/2 medium size white onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 limes, juiced
- pinch of kosher salt
- In a large bowl combine the sliced cucumbers, tomatoes, and onion.
- Add chopped cilantro and kosher salt. Squeeze juice of two limes over the top.
- Stir and serve. Or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. ENJOY!
MAKING THIS RECIPE? Share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #ShugarySweets so I can see what you're cooking up in the kitchen!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**