Looking for the perfect potluck recipe? This Chinese Coleslaw with ramen noodles is crunchy and sweet and irresistible.
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest!
Tis the season for potlucks and summer barbecues! I remember the very first time I tried this Chinese Coleslaw. I saw it in a bowl and thought, “eww, uncooked ramen noodles in a salad??”
But, like a good potluck participant, I scooped a tiny spoonful onto my plate. One bite later, I was hooked. I also refilled my plate with a giant scoop, and begged for the recipe, so there’s that!
Today’s Chinese Coleslaw recipe comes from my sister-n-law (hi Mandy!!). This is her mom’s recipe that she made at a bridal shower, and had me swooning ever since!
Yes, I agree, it still seems odd to crunch up a pack of uncooked ramen into the salad…but you guys, trust me when I say it’s delicious. The crunchy ramen with the crisp cabbage and sweet dressing is the perfect pairing!
How to make Chinese Coleslaw:
- Start by cooking your almonds in butter in a saute pan over medium high heat. Add in the crushed noodles and sunflower seeds (no shells please)! Let these cook several minutes, then remove and spread on a couple of paper towels.
- In a small mason jar, combine the dressing ingredients: vegetable (or canola) oil, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, and salt. Shake it up and set it aside until ready to serve the salad.
- For the salad, in a big bowl, combine the Napa cabbage (sliced thin), green onions, and the cooled, sauteed mixture.
- When ready to serve, pour dressing over salad and let sit 5 minutes. ENJOY!
If you love Chinese Coleslaw here are a few of my favorite potluck side dishes:
- Every potluck needs a batch of this Broccoli Salad. Packed with flavor and texture, this sweet crunchy salad is always a hit!
- Looking for the best classic coleslaw recipe? My Copycat Chick-fil-A coleslaw is perfect. Creamy and delicious!
- Need something a little heartier? We love this Shrimp Pasta Salad recipe. And you can use my homemade Italian dressing (or buy a bottle of your favorite)!
- This 30-minute no-brainer BLT Pasta Salad from The Food Charlatan is perfect to throw together right before the potluck! Bacon, lettuce, and tomato have never been so right together. Add some grilled or rotisserie chicken to make it a quick dinner.
- This cheesecake fruit salad from Oh Sweet Basil is awesome for a side at a potluck or BBQ or even as a dessert! Plus it’s so easy it’s foolproof!
- Pistachio Fluff Salad (or watergate salad) is our family’s favorite summer treat. Add it to your menu and watch it disappear!
Still looking for more recipe ideas? Be sure to look at my Potluck recipe archives for lots of recipes for summer fun!
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Connect with Shugary Sweets!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Chinese Coleslaw recipe and video tutorial:
For the dressing:
For the salad:
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**