There’s nothing like one of these Milk Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies warm from the oven. Sweet chocolate morsels and nuts are baked into soft chewy cookies in this easy recipe. Best served with a glass of cold milk!
Why this Recipe is Best
These milk chocolate chip macadamia nut cookies are my take on Sausalito cookies. They taste so much better than the packaged cookies that inspired me because they’re homemade with love.
You’ll love these soft, sweet, nutty cookies!
- Copycat Pepperidge Farms cookie recipe.
- One bowl recipe.
- Perfect ratio of nuts to chocolate.
- No chilling the dough.
- Ready to eat in minutes.
- Macadamia nuts – My kids prefer most cookies without nuts but they LOVE macadamias. Chop them into fine pieces before adding to the dogh.
- Milk chocolate – You can use chocolate chips, chunks or a bar of milk chocolate cut into small bites.
- Vanilla – For best fragrant vanilla flavor, use a pure extract (not imitation). Homemade Vanilla Extract is extra amazing in these cookies, if you can plan ahead.
- Unsalted butter – Melting the butter first makes these cookies extra chewy.
- Kosher salt – Wondering why I always use kosher salt for cooking and baking? Here’s why it’s best.
Milk Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies are a a straight forward drop cookie recipe.
Start by mixing up your dough ingredients in a large bowl. Fold in the chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.
Then drop the cookie dough by the tablespoon onto a baking sheet. Bake until the bottoms just begin to brown.
Let them cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer to a wire rack.
Tips and Tricks
- Press more chocolate chips on top before baking. This is how food bloggers make our milk chocolate chip cookies look as great as they taste!
- Substitutions: Pecans and walnuts would taste delicious as a swap for the macadamia nuts. Feel free to use dark, semi-sweet or white chocolate instead of milk chocolate, if you prefer.
- Crunchy cookies: I love these best when they’re soft baked. For a crispy style cookie, add another couple of minutes to the baking time.
- Freeze: use our guide on how to freeze cookie dough for best practices.
Yes, milk chocolate macadamia cookies are the perfect make ahead cookie. Store the dough tightly wrapped in the fridge until ready to use.
For longer storage, you can freeze the raw cookie dough too. I like to freeze the dough in balls so I can bake the cookies from frozen. No need to thaw, just add another 1-2 minutes to the baking time.
Store baked cookies in an airtight container at room temperature. They stay good for about one week.
Yes, you can. When baking cookies with salted butter, reduce the amount of added salt in the recipe by half.
More Cookie Recipes
- These Citrus Cookies are soft and chewy and filled with orange, lemon and lime zest! Rolled in sugar for some extra sweetness!
- Butterscotch Shortbread bars: these delicious, buttery cookie bars are simply amazing. The rich shortbread cookies with browned butter and butterscotch chips will keep you wanting more. Plus, they couldn’t be easier to make!
- Whopper Cookie Bars: a malted cookie crust topped with a layer of fudge and chopped Whopper candies! These freeze and become the ultimate chewy malted cookie!
- Peanut Butter Cookies
A batch of these Milk Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies makes any day better. You’ll like them even more than Sausalitos!