Mint Chocolate Chip Truffles
These Mint Chocolate Chip Truffles have a soft, creamy filling and are coated in decadent chocolate! What are you waiting for? Go make some today!
Be sure to sign up for my email…new recipes in your inbox!
Last month I made some Mint Chocolate Chip Brownies that were simply OUT OF THIS WORLD delicious. They were so good, they got me thinking about truffles. I could just shovel that frosting into my mouth, but why not create a treat that serves the same purpose, but is a little more dainty?
Okay, maybe not dainty. How about “acceptable”? I mean, do people think it is okay to eat frosting by the spoonful? Sure, in the privacy of your own home, but at parties?
These Mint Chocolate Chip Truffles are the perfect party food! You’ll be the star of the show if you bring a big bowl of these along!
And I promise they are so easy to assemble.
A few quick tips:
- Start with softened butter and cream cheese. If it’s too cold, it doesn’t get as smooth and creamy as you need it for the filling!
- Make sure when it’s time to add the extract you use PEPPERMINT, not mint. Unless you like spearmint. These can be now known as after dinner truffles…no need to brush your teeth, these taste like toothpaste. Yeah. Let’s avoid that and just use peppermint, m’kay?
- Let’s talk food coloring. I get the best results when I use Americolor gels. I dip a toothpick into the gel and “swipe” it into my butter mixture. This little bit is all I need to get the soft green coloring. If you only have drops, just add one drop at a time. Ain’t nobody wanna eat grass colored mints. Ha!
- Use a 1 Tbsp scoop to portion out your filling. You’ll want to drop your truffles onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. And FREEZE them for about an hour (more than that is fine too).
- Use finger tips to shape frozen truffles into a ball. Then use a toothpick to dip truffle into melted chocolate. Again, USE GOOD CHOCOLATE. I love the bags of Ghirardelli Melting Wafers. Not only do they melt smooth, but they taste delicious too. I loved using a combination of white and dark chocolate. Feel free to do both, or choose your favorite
Mint Chocolate Chip Truffles
Yield: 3-4 dozen
Prep Time: 30 minutes, plus 1 hour chill time
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 drop green food coloring gel
- ½ cup semi-sweet mini chocolate morsels
- 12 oz chocolate coating, melted (feel free to use the dark or the white chocolate, or both)
- Beat cream cheese and butter until creamy. Add sugar, peppermint extract and food coloring. Beat until well combined.
- Fold in chocolate morsels.
- Using a 1 tbsp scoop, drop onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Freeze for about an hour (more is fine).
- Using a toothpick, pick up the truffle and dip it into the melted chocolate, tapping the side of the bowl to remove the excess chocolate. If desired, add a couple of mini morsels for garnish. Store in refrigerator for up to a week.
MAKING THIS RECIPE? Share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #ShugarySweets so I can see what you're cooking up in the kitchen!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**