I have a serious love affair with Krispie Treats. Don’t worry, my husband is quite aware of this lover of mine! It all started in high school when my BFF and I would make a pan of plain krispie treats, cut it in half, and each eat a giant square! (Hi Steph, I miss you!!!!)
But now that I’m all grown up and such (kinda), I like to make fancy treats and have perfected how to make rice krispie treats. Ha! Fancy Rice Krispie treats? Oxymoron!
Anyways, these cuties are perfect for a holiday get together…you can use popsicle sticks or lollipop sticks if you don’t have any fun paper straws! (maybe you will win some in the giveaway?!?!)
Peppermint Rice Krispie Treats with white chocolate.
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 box (3.4 oz) Candy Cane Jell-o pudding mix
- 10oz bag mini marshmallows
- 5 cup Rice Krispies cereal
- 2 cup mini peppermint marshmallows
- 1 cup vanilla almond bark, melted
- In large pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add in bag of regular mini marshmallows, reduce heat to low. Stirring constantly, melt marshmallows completely. Remove from heat.
- Fold in pudding mix and Rice Krispies cereal. Carefully fold in peppermint marshmallows.
- Press into a parchment paper lined 9inch square baking dish. Allow to set, about 1-2 hours. Cut into small squares, pressing a straw (I cut my straws in half) into top of treat.
- Dip bottoms of each square into melted white chocolate. Set onto a piece of parchment paper and allow to set (about 15 minutes). ENJOY!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 186Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 179mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 1g
*Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice.
What is one of your favorite treats to make for the holidays?
As you are aware I love Rice Krispies….and pudding gives a fun twist to any treat!
Cupcakes are an easy dessert that can feed a large group too!
My favorites (right now!) are: Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Salted Caramel Swiss Meringue Frosting and Lemon Cupcakes with Lemon Buttercream
Brownies make an appearance every year at our holidays. Especially bite sized brownies!