Toffee Crunch Cookies

I really don’t have a good name for these cookies. So as I sat here eating cookie after cookie I tried to figure out what tastes come through the most. The crunch of the crispy rice with the chewy toffee taste is what I think does it for me. But, you will have to make them yourself and decide.

There are a few rules with these cookies. I know, I know, I’m not a rule follower either, which is why I had to learn the hard way. So, that’s what food blogging is all about. Teaching each other.

Rule One: Use parchment paper. The marshmallow melts, and the sugars combined with the gooey marshmallow form a chewy toffee texture. Which sticks to your pan. Use parchment paper, and allow cookies to cool on parchment for several minutes.

Rule Two: Don’t make cookies bigger than a tablespoon or two. I tried to make ’em big, because isn’t bigger always better? Nope. Not with these cookies. They spread out way to much and lost the texture they needed. Smaller is better.

Rule Three: Okay, I don’t really have a rule three. But you can’t set down rules and not have three of them. So rule 3 will be to follow rules one and two. Please.

Toffee Crunch Cookie Recipe:

2 stick butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
2 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 cup quick oats
1 cup crispy rice cereal
1 1/4 cup milk chocolate morsels
1 cup mini marshmallows
Beat butter with sugars. Add eggs one at a time, then add vanilla. Beat in flour, baking soda and baking powder. Fold in oats, cereal, morsels and marshmallows.
Drop by 1-2 Tbsp onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes. Enjoy!

Linked To:
Sweets for a Saturday
Sweet Indulgences Sunday
Party Mindie Style
Mouthwatering Mondays
Wow Me Weds
Whats Cooking Weds

14 Responses to “Toffee Crunch Cookies”

1. posted Jul 7, 2011 at 1:11 pm

These look yummy. Remind me od Ranger Cookis which is my favorite!!!

2. posted Jul 7, 2011 at 8:14 pm

My husband will lovvveee these, thank you :)

3. posted Jul 7, 2011 at 11:41 pm

Oh, wow, your reasoning for using parchment paper just convinced me to make these. They sound AMAZING!!!

4. posted Jul 8, 2011 at 12:03 am

Aimee I am a BIG Toffee lover! These sound so good!

5. posted Jul 8, 2011 at 12:28 am

This looks amazing! We are avid followers! We would love for you to come share this at our “Strut Your Stuff Saturday” link party and enter our giveaway!!!

6. posted Jul 8, 2011 at 11:20 am

Well it looks like you nailed the texture, these are awesome! Hmmm, maybe diet starts Monday? Nah, no diet, I’ll be making these a lot! Thanks for linking to Fat Camp Friday, enjoy your weekend and see you next time!

7. posted Jul 8, 2011 at 11:47 pm

Mmmm…I love toffee! I’ll have to try these out. Visiting from Sweet Tooth Friday!

8. posted Jul 10, 2011 at 6:01 am

We all agree these look fabulous. While you are adding yourself to all those great linkys, would you add this one, too? Bake with BIzzy

9. posted Jul 10, 2011 at 2:20 pm

These do look and sound delicious. If only I had some milk chocolate chips and marshmallows…I would be able to whip them up myself. Adding to the shopping list. Thanks for sharing on A Well-Seasoned Life’s Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

10. posted Jul 11, 2011 at 2:06 pm

OMG another wonderful recipe from your blog. You always have the best! Come over and check out our grilled corn recipe.

11. posted Jul 11, 2011 at 2:32 pm

I love the added bonus of the cereal for extra texture. These look really good.
    Thanks for sharing the recipe,
    Holy Cannoli Recipes

12. Loy
    posted Jul 11, 2011 at 5:18 pm

OK, I have to make these, like TODAY! I am the Cookie Monster’s grandmother, and I love, love, love cookies. These look great, and I have all the ingredients. Thanks for posting. I will be coming back and spending a lot of time here on your blog.

13. posted Aug 22, 2011 at 5:46 pm

Thanks for being my `partner`for this month`s Secret Recipe Club! I loved these cookies so much I made a second batch the same week…Theresa