One of my favorite dinners. Alyssa (my 12yr old) usually chooses this as her birthday dinner every year. It’s so perfect on a fall evening, very filling and quite delish too! Thank you to Aunt Sandy for sharing this recipe with me many many years ago! I don’t think I have changed it much.
Michael is a little (okay A LOT) anti-creamy. I usually use half the amount of cream cheese called for in this recipe, but for this dinner? I went all the way. And it went all the way to my thighs. You could easily though use less fat cream cheese, if it makes you feel better.
- 4 cup cooked, diced chicken (use a Rotisserie for an even quicker dinner)
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 4 Tbsp butter, softened
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp minced onion
- 2 package Pillsbury crescent rolls
- 1 jar Heinz chicken gravy, warmed
- Mix chicken, cream cheese, butter, spices, milk and onion in bowl.
- Unroll crescents and using two crescent rolls at a time (to form a rectangle) fill with stuffing. Pinch up the corners (makes 8 packets).
- Bake at 375 for about 15-20 minutes. Serve with warmed gravy! Enjoy!
Copyright Shugary Sweets 2011-2014