Payday Caramel Corn

Caramel Corn that tastes like a Payday candy bar! With peanuts and candy corn!
By now I’m sure many people are aware that if you mix candy corn in a bowl with peanuts it tastes like a Payday Candy bar. Yes?

I just happened to take this snack mix one step further by mixing in with homemade caramel corn.

Oh, and I topped it with some white chocolate too!
Caramel Corn that tastes like a Payday candy bar! With peanuts and candy corn!

I know so many of you love Halloween.

Let me be perfectly clear. I don’t love it.

Yes, I love the candy. Yes, I love the weather. Yes, I love the food associated with this time of year (apples, pumpkin, and candy corn)!

Caramel Corn that tastes like a Payday candy bar! With peanuts and candy corn!
What I don’t love?

The stress of costume making. Or costume buying. Or anything associated with deciding what costume my kids want to wear. Because inevitably they change their mind during the process.

At least twice.

For now? I will just enjoy eating the holiday treats. Until the discussion of costumes come up!

Like this Payday Caramel Corn Recipe? Check out these similar recipes….

Payday Cookies– cookies filled with peanuts, candy corn, and peanut butter m&ms
Peanut Butter Cookie Bites with Candy Corn– peanut butter cookie cups filled with m&ms and pumpkin candy corn
Halloween Trash Candy– Booberry, Frankenberry and Count Chocula cereal mixed with candy corn, pretzels, m&ms and white chocolate

Payday Bar Cookies– from Perfecting the Pairing

Candy Corn Sugar Cookies– from Kaitlin in the Kitchen
Payday Caramel Corn

• 1 cup unsalted butter
  • 2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup light corn syrup
  • 1 tsp kosher salt
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 1/2 bags of popped corn (remove seeds), about 5qt popped
  • 16oz pkg vanilla bark
  • 21oz bag candy corn
  • 1 1/4 cup salted, roasted peanuts

1. Pop popcorn according to package. Place popped corn into a large mixing bowl (make sure to not add any seeds). Set aside.
  2. In small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter with sugar, corn syrup and salt. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Stir in baking soda and vanilla. Pour over popped corn. Mix well.
  3. Divide caramel corn mixture evenly into two foil lined broiler pans (or large disposable lasagna pans would work too) Bake in a 250 degree oven for one hour. Stir every 15 minutes, and rotate in oven.
  4. After one hour, remove from oven and pour into a large mixing bowl. Melt vanilla bark according to package directions and pour over caramel corn. Add in peanuts and candy corn. Pour onto parchment paper (I lay a big strip down on my counter top) and allow to set, about 30 minutes). Once chocolate is set, fill two large gallon sized ziploc bags and seal. ENJOY!

39 Responses to “Payday Caramel Corn”

1. posted Sep 25, 2012 at 2:17 pm

This. Looks. INCREDIBLE. I love caramel corn the most, and Paydays are my dad’s favorite candy bar, so I know that between him and I, we could polish off this entire batch, no problem. So delish!

• posted Sep 26, 2012 at 12:02 am

I think you need to make this. You know. For your dad!

2. posted Sep 25, 2012 at 5:00 pm

I am loving the looks of this, Aimee! Candy corn is one of my favorite things about fall :)

3. posted Sep 25, 2012 at 6:27 pm

We eat candy corn by the TON around here, so I’m definitely trying this recipe! Also, I’m glad I’m not the only one who doesn’t love Halloween. I made my little boy PROMISE there was no changing his mind on his costume this year…but we’ll see how that goes!

• posted Sep 26, 2012 at 12:03 am

I’ve heard those promises before….

4. posted Sep 25, 2012 at 7:44 pm

I feel the exact same way about Halloween. Costumes are so stressful! I always have good ideas for them, but actually executing those ideas is way more effort than I’m willing to exert.

This caramel corn looks awesome – I loooove candy corn!

5. posted Sep 25, 2012 at 8:25 pm

I did not know that. But now I need to go try it….

And I dislike Halloween for the same reason. I’m talking Jordan off the “I want to be Hannah Montana” cliff right now…

• posted Sep 26, 2012 at 12:03 am

Oh we had a Hannah Montana in this house a few years back..I’ve got a wig you can borrow 😉

6. posted Sep 25, 2012 at 8:58 pm

That looks awesome!!! Can’t wait to try it…

I hear you on the costumes…thankfully my kids are older now & like handing OUT the candy rather than going out for it! :) which is nice…as Halloween is my Bday!

7. posted Sep 25, 2012 at 8:59 pm

That looks awesome!!! Can’t wait to try it…

8. posted Sep 25, 2012 at 9:44 pm

I’m OBSESSED with PayDay candy bars. Love this

• posted Sep 26, 2012 at 12:04 am

Thanks Lori! I’m pretty obsessed with Payday too. I mean, Payday Candy bars!

9. posted Sep 26, 2012 at 1:04 am

This looks AMAZING and I WILL be making it!! I feel the same about Halloween. Once my kids got too old to Trick or Treat, Halloween became much more relaxed!

10. posted Sep 26, 2012 at 1:40 am

AImee- I JUST discovered the payday/candy corn/peanut thing in a recent cookie I baked!! I am OBSESSED with paydays. Salty sweet and gooey. So much texture, which is what I LOVE! Caramel corn is a holiday mainstay with my family, and I crave it ALL year round. This caramel corn looks insanely good. Like stopping typing this comment right now and get into the kitchen good!!

11. posted Sep 26, 2012 at 1:44 am

This is so fun! Love this idea!

12. posted Sep 26, 2012 at 3:08 am

That is so funny you say that! I’ve been dreading costume making for my kids for ten years, literally!!, and i don’t even have any yet.

13. posted Sep 26, 2012 at 4:03 am

Funny my Husband just asked me to get payday bars! I haven’t had them since I was a kid! Now I have a good excuse not to buy them! Going to make your popcorn instead!

• posted Sep 26, 2012 at 11:32 am

Let me know if you do! And if you want to share with me :)

14. posted Sep 26, 2012 at 7:07 pm

I think if I started eating this I would end up continuing to dip my hand in the bowl until either I passed out in a sugar coma or someone staged an intervention. :)

• posted Sep 26, 2012 at 7:13 pm

I completely understand. Interventions happen often in my house!

15. posted Sep 27, 2012 at 5:17 am

Did I seriously read this and not comment? What is wrong with me? I was probably drooling so much over the yummy popcorn that all comments just flew out of head:-) I love candy corn and peanuts together, but in a caramel popcorn coated in white chocolate? Sheesh that’s just plain awesomeness!!!

16. posted Sep 27, 2012 at 12:02 pm

I LOVE Payday’s and this sounds delish!!! Yummy!

17. posted Sep 27, 2012 at 1:31 pm

I will have to make this for movie-night. Thx for the recipe!

18. posted Sep 27, 2012 at 11:32 pm

We love candy corn and peanuts in our house. This sounds awesome. Pinning!

19. posted Sep 28, 2012 at 12:50 am

I love popcorn… featuring you tomorrow.

20. posted Sep 28, 2012 at 2:11 pm

OMGoodness, your blog is incredibly, just discovered it from the 36th ave!

21. posted Sep 30, 2012 at 9:06 pm

Darn you for blowing my diet! LOL~ Just kidding…if I were dieting I wouldn’t attend any link parties! This looks truly divine!

Diana
    Diana Rambles
    Bento Blog Network
    Link Rink

22. posted Oct 1, 2012 at 1:04 pm

Oh, wow!! I must make this! Looks so delicious. I think my sister would love it, too.

23. posted Oct 1, 2012 at 3:49 pm

YUM! This sounds delicious. Would you consider linking this up at my Pinworthy Projects Party? I hope to see you there!

24. Anonymous
    posted Oct 3, 2012 at 3:40 pm

How long can you save it?

• posted Oct 3, 2012 at 3:58 pm

As long as you keep the seal on your ziploc bag (and nobody leaves it wide open, like my kids sometimes do) I have had it for two weeks. Usually doesn’t last as long though cause it gets eaten up! but two weeks for sure!

25. posted Oct 3, 2012 at 5:10 pm

This looks insanely good! Pinned it. :)

I wanted to invite you to Wonderful Food Wednesday at At Home Take 2… love it if you could link up 2-3 recipes. Hope to see you there.

Jessica @ At Home Take 2… Check out our Wonderful Food Wednesday

26. Lisa
    posted Oct 21, 2012 at 8:31 pm

What is vanilla bark? I can’t find it anywhere in the Midwest.

27. Christie
    posted Oct 27, 2012 at 2:03 pm

So yummy! We just made this today and it’s delicious! Thanks for the wonderful recipe!

• aimee
      posted Oct 27, 2012 at 6:28 pm

So glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for letting me know!

28. Susan Gendreau
    posted Sep 12, 2013 at 10:30 am

Is there a way to do this without the corn syrup?

29. Pingback: Reality Checker Candy Corn Recipes – Halloween Recipes – ALL YOU | Deals, coupons, savings, sweepstakes and more…

30. Pingback: How to Make Halloween Candy Disappear - Whimsicle