This Caramel Apple Bundt Cake is the perfect breakfast cake or dessert recipe! Packed with apples, cinnamon and brown sugar, it’s the caramel frosting that’s truly the “icing on the cake.”
**I am part of the Ambassador program with Crunch Pak apples. While I have been compensated for this recipe, all opinions are 100% my own**
So if you’re a regular around here, you may have noticed the radio silence the past week and a half. I meant to post new recipes for you. My intentions were good. But I was having too much fun not working, haha!
It all started with a week in Orlando. My daughter is a swimmer and qualified for a meet down there. Of course, I couldn’t let her go alone with her team, so my mom and I trekked down there for a week of girl time.
When I returned last weekend, our Spring Break officially started. So, we spent the week hanging out, going on a college visit (yes, it pains me), and buying a prom dress (shoot me now). I am struggling you guys. When my son left for the Marines last year it hit me like a ton of bricks. Not only are my kids growing up, but that means I’m getting older too! I graduated college over 20 years ago. But I swear it doesn’t feel that long, haha!!
Anyway, that’s where I was, in case you were wondering.
If you weren’t wondering and didn’t miss me (and my lack of instagram posts), then no worries. I’m here today with a delicious breakfast cake. I suppose it technically is dessert, but it has apples, which in my opinion make this an optional pair to my morning cup of joe.
For a quick prep, I used Crunch Pak sliced apples. You’ll need about 20-30 apple slices (you can buy the big bag of Crunch Pak which makes this super easy). I peeled my apples but leaving the skins on would work too. Just make sure you dice them up small.
As with any delicious cake, it comes down to the frosting. That’s what separates a good cake from an amazing cake, in my opinion. This Caramel frosting is wonderful. Like, go ahead and eat it with a spoon, I won’t judge you “wonderful.”
I use this Bundt pan for baking my cakes. I never have issues anymore with them sticking to the pan. Make sure you use a baking spray (I use the kind made for baking, with flour in it) or grease and lightly flour your pan. Today’s cake it pretty sticky with the brown sugar and apples! ENJOY!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #shugarysweets so I can see all the wonderful SHUGARY SWEETS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to stop on over to Crunch Pak for some delicious recipes and ideas!
This Caramel Apple Bundt Cake is the perfect breakfast cake or dessert recipe! The caramel frosting is truly the "icing on the cake."
For the Cake:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup milk
For the Filling:
- 2 cup diced Crunch Pak apples (about 25-30 slices, or 3 apples, peeled)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
For the Glaze:
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 6 Tbsp milk, divided
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- For the cake, grease and flour bundt pan (or use a generous amount of baking spray). Set aside. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add in softened butter and beat until crumbly. Beat in eggs, vanilla, cinnamon and milk. Beat for 3-4 minutes until smooth and fluffy.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine diced apples, brown sugar and cinnamon. Fold into cake batter.
- Pour cake mixture into prepared bundt pan. Bake for 55-60 minutes until browned. Allow to cool in pan for about 10 minutes, then flip onto a cake plate and cool complately.
- For the glaze, add brown sugar, butter and 4 Tbsp of milk to a small saucepan. Heat over medium until boiling. Stirring constantly, boil for 2 full minutes. Remove from heat. Add in vanilla extract. Allow to cool 15 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together cooled sugar mixture, powdered sugar, and remaining 2 Tbsp milk. Beat for 2 minutes until smooth. Pour over cooled cake and allow to set (about 10 minutes). Slice and enjoy. Store at room temperature, covered, for freshness.
Love Apple cakes? Here are a few of my favorites…
Cinnamon Apple Coffee Cake: this gorgeous cake is packed with flavor and has the texture of cinnamon rolls!
Caramel Apple Coffee Cake: this sweet breakfast cake is topped with a delicious, crunchy streusel!
Apple Pie Poke Cake: nobody would ever know this starts with a boxed cake mix!
If you love today’s Caramel Apple Bundt Cake recipe, then check out these delicious Apple cakes from my friends:
- Cinnamon Apple Icebox Cake from Inside BruCrew Life
- Apple Fritter Cake from Cookies and Cups
- Maple Apple Spice Cake from Carlsbad Cravings
**Today’s recipe is sponsored by Crunch Pak apples. While I have been compensated to be a part of their Blogger Ambassador program, all opinions are 100% my own**
**This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. See my disclosure policy for more info**