No Bake Strawberry Eclair Cake

This Strawberry Eclair Cake is made using Cheesecake JELL-O in the filling. Plus there’s no oven needed which means it’s perfect for the warmer weather!

Strawberry Eclair Cake: a delicious, no bake dessert with strawberries, chocolate, grahams and pudding! #iceboxcake @shugarysweets

Eclair Cake is one of my favorite desserts. It’s so easy to make too, and it feeds a crowd! If you’ve never made it before, it’s just layers of graham crackers with pudding (mixed with Cool Whip), then topped with Chocolate Frosting.

I knew I wanted to make a strawberry version and when I saw the Sugar-Free Cheesecake JELL-O at Kroger it was calling my name. I used skim milk,  Fat Free Cool Whip, and Low Fat Honey Grahams. Then I ate half a pan of this dessert and convinced myself it was health food.

Totally not helping with the bikini body.

This dessert is perfect now that the weather is warming up. I love coming in from evening activities and serving my family a cool, refreshing dessert. We grow a huge strawberry patch in our yard every year and I can’t wait for the berries to be ripe so I can make more of this cake!

Oh, and I think chocolate grahams would be delicious. Or chocolate pudding with the strawberries. Seriously so many options!

I made my own chocolate frosting (because I love the rich flavor paired with the light dessert). But if you want to buy canned frosting go for it! If you have the extra minutes though, TRY this homemade version, it’s quite tasty and very easy too. No pressure!

Connect with Shugary Sweets! I know you want to see behind the scenes…check out my instagram!

Don’t miss a single recipe!

Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Pinterest | Bloglovin’

No Bake Strawberry Eclair Cake

Rating: 51

Prep Time: 2 hours, 15 minutes

Yield: serves 15

For the Cake:
  • 1 box Low Fat Honey Graham Crackers (14.4oz)
  • 2 pkg (1oz each) Sugar Free Cheesecake JELL-O Pudding mix
  • 2 1/2 cup skim milk
  • 12 oz Fat Free Cool Whip, thawed
  • 1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
  • For the Frosting:
  • 2 oz unsweetened baking chocolate, melted
  • 2 tsp light corn syrup
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
  • 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
  • 2 Tbsp milk

1. Mix pudding mix with milk using a whisk. Beat for about 2 minutes, by hand. Fold in Cool Whip, set aside. Layer a 13x9 baking dish with one layer of graham crackers. Top with half of the pudding mix. Lay half of the sliced strawberries on top of the pudding. Repeat the layers with grahams, remaining pudding and remaining strawberries. Top with one more layer of Grahams.
  2. For the frosting, mix melted baking chocolate with corn syrup. Add vanilla, butter, powdered sugar and milk and whisk thoroughly until smooth. Spread over top layer of graham crackers. Cover and refrigerate cake for 2 hours or overnight. ENJOY!

This is a delicious twist on our old favorite. Feel free to make the Original Chocolate Eclair Cake recipe!

Chocolate Eclair cake

These No bake Peanut Butter Cookies are another great dessert option if you want to leave your oven off!

No Bake Peanut Butter Cookies

Apple Pie Cheesecakes in cute jars are a fun summer treat!

apple pie cheesecakes

61 Responses to “No Bake Strawberry Eclair Cake”

1. posted Apr 28, 2013 at 7:06 am

What a beautiful dessert and I love eclairs. Our social Sunday is Live, come over to the party.
    Wanda Ann @ Memories by the Mile

• posted Oct 14, 2014 at 2:20 pm

What an amazing and easy dessert! I love nutella and strawberries. We have a crepe place that makes a nutella with fresh strawberries with whipped topping. It’s AMAZING!! Can’t wait to make this recipe!! I have 3 containers of fresh strawberries waiting to be eaten in my fridge. Thanks for the recipe!

2. posted Apr 28, 2013 at 7:25 am

Really great cake for the warm weather and for strawberry season!

3. posted Apr 28, 2013 at 8:14 am

Oh my!! This looks awesome :)

4. posted Apr 28, 2013 at 10:23 am

Yum! What a great idea. I’m so jealous you have a strawberry patch!

• posted Apr 28, 2013 at 9:04 pm

If you only saw how big it was too…it just keeps spreading :)

5. posted Apr 28, 2013 at 12:39 pm

Love this recipe! I’m always looking for yummy treats to make in the hot summer months where I don’t have to turn on my oven! This one is now on my list!

6. posted Apr 28, 2013 at 12:49 pm

This looks fabulous, Aimee! Love that it’s no bake!

7. posted Apr 28, 2013 at 1:00 pm

It is nice having creamy, cool easy desserts to fall back on! We are a family that has to have dessert every single day, whether no matter the weather and no matter our schedule! Love this Aimee!

8. posted Apr 28, 2013 at 1:25 pm

This looks so creamy, delicious, and easy! I love eclairs, and the no bake thing is very appealing!

9. Pat
    posted Apr 28, 2013 at 1:28 pm

Delish! Thanks for sharing such a wonderful and easy dessert. You are so lucky to grow your own strawberries.

As an FYI ~ I tried to save the recipe and it would not work.

• posted Apr 28, 2013 at 9:06 pm

Hmmm, I just checked Pat and the save button seems to be working okay. Maybe there was a glitch. Sorry bout that! Thanks for stopping by.

10. posted Apr 28, 2013 at 1:39 pm

I love no bake recipes and your strawberry eclair cheese cake looks amazing!!

11. posted Apr 28, 2013 at 2:09 pm

Hooray for no-bake desserts! This one looks amazingly easy and something that everyone will love.

12. posted Apr 28, 2013 at 3:19 pm

Oh my gosh – so… this used to be my signature dish before I learned to cook (but with French Vanilla pudding). I used to feed dinner guests Hamburger Helper and this for dessert… and maybe canned corn or green beans. I would say I’ve come a long way (and haven’t had this yummy dessert since… may have to give it a whirl again!)

• posted Apr 28, 2013 at 9:07 pm

Haha, love your honesty (and your menu)! I used to serve this too as MY signature dessert (with the French vanilla pudding). I’ve come a long way, but I still enjoy this dish! I may always enjoy it, LOL.

13. posted Apr 28, 2013 at 3:31 pm

This looks awesome. I haven’t really seen a cake like this but I am totally on board.

14. posted Apr 28, 2013 at 4:33 pm

I’ve never had an eclair cake Aimee, but I just had a trillion ideas from this post. So…I may have to make one soon! :)

• posted Apr 28, 2013 at 9:08 pm

Yep, I think you need to try it. Can’t wait to see what you make!

15. posted Apr 28, 2013 at 5:04 pm

I love how versatile this recipe is! I might just have to try every single way! (=

16. posted Apr 28, 2013 at 7:58 pm

I’ve got a box of the Cheesecake pudding in the pantry and was wondering what to do with it…now I know. Yummo!!

17. posted Apr 28, 2013 at 9:06 pm

Yum, this looks so good! It is a perfect dessert for a summer day, and so easy to make! Definitely bookmarking this one. Thanks!

18. posted Apr 28, 2013 at 9:57 pm

A strawberry patch in your yard?! Lucky you! That would be awesome – this dessert looks amazing and perfect for company 😉

• posted Apr 29, 2013 at 7:29 am

Thanks Becca! I just pinned your grilled chicken, will be definitely trying that when our strawberries are ripe!!

19. posted Apr 29, 2013 at 8:31 am

Love. I also use sugar free puddings and low fat whipped toppings and try to convince myself I can have dessert every night. 😉

20. posted Apr 29, 2013 at 1:17 pm

haha! I love that you make stuff skinny and then eat a bunch…yup, that’s me too! How fun to have a strawberry patch in your garden…we tried to plant some last year. I’m thinking our yard doesn’t like fruits and veggies because nothing grows very well. I love this fun twist on the classic pudding dessert!

21. posted Apr 29, 2013 at 5:51 pm

that looks so fluffy!

22. posted Apr 29, 2013 at 7:12 pm

Oooo I do love the no-bake idea as its getting warmer out. Plus anything with the word “Strawberry” in it has me sold. 😀

23. posted Apr 29, 2013 at 7:28 pm

Goodness gracious, give me some of this! It looks awesome, Aimee! I love that you added that strawberry twist .. perfect for spring and for my strawberry-loving mom for Mother’s Day!

24. posted Apr 30, 2013 at 1:39 pm

Ok so I am lovin this dessert and the fact you don’t have to use the oven!

25. posted Apr 30, 2013 at 2:36 pm

I have made and loved the chocolate eclair cake for years! Why didn’t I ever think to play with the flavors! :) I can’t wait to try this- this will be pinned, made, reviewed and blogged VERY soon!!! Thanks! (found you via Google+ which I never thought I’d use) :)

26. posted Apr 30, 2013 at 4:36 pm

OK strawberry patch in the yard makes me jealous! lol. But not as much as I am jealous over not having a piece of that cake. Great post again!

27. posted Apr 30, 2013 at 11:04 pm

Oh goodness, this is calling my name :) this looks wonderful!

28. posted May 2, 2013 at 6:34 pm

Looks delicious!

29. posted May 3, 2013 at 1:24 pm

Sounds like my kind of treat- YUM. Thanks for sharing it.

30. posted May 3, 2013 at 3:06 pm

HOW in the world did I miss this!? Just saw you post about it on FB and I died! I have been wanting to make an eclair cake for about 18 months now. I am pretty sure a friends mother made one for her daughters 7th birthday and 18 months ago this cake
    (17 years old) came into my head LOL.. but your version sounds freaking to die for!!! UGH need this in my life ASAP!

• posted May 3, 2013 at 3:13 pm

Oh you need to make one. They are seriously so easy, and with the strawberries? Such a fresh summer treat!! ENJOY :)

31. posted May 4, 2013 at 10:23 pm

This eclair cake is just gorgeous Aimee! And, no-bake is obviously awesome as we approach summer – love it!

• posted May 5, 2013 at 9:47 pm

Thanks Trish!! I love having an arsenal of no bake recipes for the summer!

32. posted May 5, 2013 at 1:48 am

You have a strawberry patch? I am so jealous! Living in an apartment I have no green space to speak of. This cake is ideal for the hot weather Seattle has been getting lately. Turning on my oven is torture.

• posted May 5, 2013 at 9:48 pm

I know. I’m so lucky! I love my fruits and veggies in my backyard!

33. Jan Connair
    posted Feb 23, 2014 at 5:05 pm

Sometime try chocolate grahams layered with white chocolate instant pudding and chocolate ganache over the top. Super yummy variation on this great dessert. Now that I see you’ve tried adding strawberries, I am wondering how the chocolate variation would be with strawberries in it, and maybe some chopped pistachios sprinkled on top!!!

34. Love desserts
    posted Mar 1, 2014 at 1:38 pm

I love this dessert. I have made a similar one like this, but instead of chocolate icing, I used a can of blueberry pie filling and use French vanilla pudding. To die for dessert and so easy to make. Can make it ahead of time.
    Thank you for sharing this awesome dessert. Making it for our next family function.

• posted Mar 2, 2014 at 3:04 pm

Oooh what a fun idea to use pie filling. I may be giving that a try too!!

35. Kallie
    posted Jun 9, 2014 at 6:47 pm

So I have made the regular eclair dessert in a pan, absolutely amazing, I like the addition of strawberries but I am using it for a baby shower so I wanted to make them in those individual plastic cups. Do you think if I crushed the grahams in smaller pieces, not like a crumb, and did a layer on the bottom of the cup, then pudding, etc. do think I would still get the same effect?

36. Pingback: 75 Best Desserts to Bring to a BBQ - Something Swanky

37. posted Jun 23, 2014 at 1:13 pm

I have a pint of strawberries sitting on the counter and wanted a new recipe and this is it! Now I have to get to the store and get everything else!
    Thanks so much for sharing!

38. lois
    posted Jun 23, 2014 at 4:00 pm

can I just melt a tub of choco. frosting and use this as the topping?

39. Deborah Nazaroff
    posted Feb 11, 2015 at 3:13 pm

Hi Aimee – I haven’t been able to find 1 oz boxes of pudding mix anywhere. Is it supposed to be the small size box which is 3.4 oz? Thanks! Can’t wait to make this for my oldest’s Bible class tomorrow :)

• posted Feb 12, 2015 at 8:57 am

Yes, the 3.4 oz box will work. The sugar-free version is 1oz. WHichever you can find will work perfectly :)

40. Pingback: Skinny Strawberry Chocolate Chip Muffins - Shugary Sweets