Banana Eclair Cake has layers of vanilla pudding, cinnamon graham crackers and fresh banana. Topped with a sweet cinnamon glaze, this no bake dessert is a huge summer hit!
Why this Recipe Works
Our classic eclair cake is simply delightful. But sometimes you need to shake things up!
Today’s banana eclair cake reminds me of bananas fosters, with the caramelized banana glaze!
Served chilled, Banana Eclair Cake is sweet, refreshing and packed with the sweetness of fresh banana slices. No imitation flavor in this banana dessert!
- Creamy vanilla filling. Just like an eclair!
- Made with real banana for best fresh flavor.
- Cinnamon glaze provides the perfect finishing touch.
- Easy recipe that won’t heat up your kitchen.
Love today’s version? You’ve got to try our strawberry eclair cake next.
- Cool whip gives the filling a light, fluffy consistency. The stabilizers in thawed whipped topping help the filling firm up a bit when chilled, so the cake is easy to slice. Try our homemade cool whip if you prefer!
- Bananas– fresh bananas give delicious flavor to today’s cake.
- Instant French vanilla pudding mix adds rich vanilla flavor and perfect creaminess to the filling in this Banana Eclair Cake. If you can’t find French Vanilla, go ahead and use regular vanilla pudding mix.
- Cinnamon graham crackers enhance the taste of the bananas and add a delightful crunchy element to the otherwise smooth cake.
Tips and Tricks
- When layering the graham cracker on top of the bananas, place them upside down so that the cinnamon sugar side of the cracker is touching the banana. As the cake chills out in the fridge, the cinnamon sugar caramelizes on the bananas. I found this out by accident. A very happy accident.
- Give your cake plenty of time to chill. I suggest a minimum of 4 hours. The goal is to allow the grahams to soften. They taste better, and they CUT better once soft. You can even make this the night before!
- When cutting, use a serrated knife. It helps cut through the grahams a little better. Don’t expect each piece to be served in a beautiful presentation. They will slide, and fall, and it’s OKAY.
So now that you have the perfect Father’s Day dessert…or 4th of July potluck recipe…good luck not eating it all yourself!
Yes, you can use real whipped cream if you prefer. I found that the filling doesn’t get quite as firm because of the absence of stabilizers that Cool Whip has.
For more banana flavor, try this recipe with banana pudding mix instead! Regular vanilla pudding works well here too.
This cake should be stored in the fridge whenever you aren’t eating or serving it. Ideally, leave it at room temperature no longer than 20 or 30 minutes.
No Bake Banana Eclair Cake is best enjoyed within 3 days.
More Easy Cake Recipes
- Applesauce Cake
- Coconut Cake
- Pistachio Eclair Cake: Such a fun twist with pistachio pudding!!
- Peanut Butter Eclair Cake: made with chocolate grahams, peanut butter, and Reeses. This should solve all cravings!
- Banana Pudding Poke Cake