Almond Joy Coffee Creamer

Making coffee creamer at home is simple, and you can create some of your favorite flavors! This Almond Joy creamer comes together in minutes, and tastes amazing!

Be sure to follow me on Bloglovin’

Homemade ALMOND JOY coffee creamer! So easy to make at home with a few ingredients!

Selling your house is stressful.

I seem to have forgotten this part of moving. Keeping the house clean is one thing, but having my counters and house bare is another. Not bare of furniture, but of photos, knick knacks, and extras!

You know what else is bare? My kitchen. Prior to putting the house on the market, I kept quite a few small appliances out on my counters. I have a decent sized kitchen so it wasn’t necessarily cluttered, but there were a few things out at all times.

• coffee pot
  • Keurig (yes, I keep both out, used daily)
  • toaster
  • utensil holder
  • blender (daily smoothies)
  • Kitchen Aid mixer (used almost daily, too heavy to put anywhere)
  • spoon rack
  • coffee supplies (cup rack, sugar, creamer, tea bowl)

Now, I’ve trimmed down to the bare essentials. Kitchen Aid mixer (I’m telling you it’s too heavy to put anywhere). Keurig. It’s a must. I put away my coffee pot. Do you know how many k-cups I consume in one day? It’s pretty ridiculous. (thank goodness for Costco K-cups)

Know what else is ridiculous? The amount of coffee creamer I seem to consume in a week.

While I’ve been making my own creamer from time to time, I do still buy the store bought stuff. However, since I’ve already admitted my numerous amounts of coffee each day, the creamer goes fast! It’s a good thing I always have ingredients on hand to make my own!

Almond Joy Coffee Creamer is one of my favorites to buy! So good. Now, we call all make it home!! This easy recipe can also be made using FAT FREE sweetened condensed milk and fat free (skim) milk. Hey, anyway I can shave a few fat grams I’m game! Means one less tire I have to flip!

What’s YOUR favorite way to enjoy coffee? Do you have a favorite coffee creamer? Leave me a comment, maybe it will be next on my list to re-create!

Facebook | Twitter | Google+

Pinterest | instagram | Bloglovin’

Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the     button on all my recipes! Create a Meal Plan with your “favorited” recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery List!

Almond Joy Coffee Creamer

Yield: 3/4 quart

Make your own coffee creamer at home! This Almond Joy version is even better than the store bought creamer!

• 1 1/2 cup milk (I use fat free)
  • 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 can (14oz) sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 tsp almond extract
  • 1 tsp coconut flavoring

1. In a small saucepan, whisk together 1/2 cup of the fat free milk and the cocoa powder. Heat on low, whisking continuously until combined (about 3 minutes). Whisk in remaining ingredients. Pour into a quart sized mason jar, with lid. Shake vigorously before serving!

Store jar of creamer in refrigerator. When determining how long it is good for, I go by the date on my milk carton. ***you may substitute fat free sweetened condensed milk too ***for an even CREAMIER version, use heavy cream instead of the fat free milk.

I have quite the coffee addiction! If you do too, you may enjoy following this Pinterest board:

Follow Shugary Sweets’s board My Coffee Addiction on Pinterest.

The creamer I make most often: French Vanilla Coffee Creamer

The creamer that started my homemade obsession: Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer

46 Responses to “Almond Joy Coffee Creamer”

1. posted May 1, 2014 at 8:07 am

I started drinking my coffee black when I started dating my husband because he never had creamer at his place so I just got used to it. I loved that hint of sweetness in my morning coffee and I think I need to try making my own! LOVE this Almond Joy version….that’s one of my favorite candy bars!

• posted May 2, 2014 at 9:38 pm

I wish I could drink it black, i would save a lot of calories!!! Instead, I avoid eating breakfast so I can “eat” my coffee, LOL.

2. posted May 1, 2014 at 8:07 am

Selling a house is so not fun! Wish you good luck for a quick sale. I start each day with a latte. I could not live without my espresso maker. Your creamer would be so delicious in it!

3. posted May 1, 2014 at 8:51 am

I love all your DIY creamers. Since I have a total thing for them, as in, I need a little coffee with my creamer, I am totally digging them all! pinned

4. posted May 1, 2014 at 8:55 am

I love the coffee creamers that you come up with! Hope the house selling process goes quickly and smoothly for you!

5. ju
    posted May 1, 2014 at 9:13 am

This looks fabulous! I am sucker for anything Almond Joy–I wish I had this to go in my coffee right now! :)

• posted May 2, 2014 at 9:45 pm

You’re just a couple ingredients away!! Have a great weekend Ju

6. posted May 1, 2014 at 10:28 am

Best. Coffee Creamer. EVER!!

And selling the house. UGH. We sold the one before last during the slumps and it took 6 months. 6 months of that – with a baby!!! OMG.

7. posted May 1, 2014 at 11:07 am

This could be my new favorite creamer! I love Almond Joy so this needs to happen! Pinned!

8. posted May 1, 2014 at 11:13 am

I puffy heart love this creamer version!!! Although I must admit I don’t go through near as much creamer as you, so I need to cut mine down by half 😉 I have a coconut version that this reminds me I haven’t photographed yet!!! Too many treats to share, not enough time. Good luck with all the move junk…I know it isn’t fun! I don’t have to tell you to stay caffeinated to keep up with it all!

9. Melissa-in-NJ
    posted May 1, 2014 at 1:23 pm

you know what would be good, too, is, mix canned coconut cream (it’s similar to sweetened-condensed milk — it has sugar in it) with almond milk in the carton, and add in some chocolate syrup.

10. posted May 1, 2014 at 2:34 pm

We have move 2 times in the last 4 years because of my hubby’s job. It has been rough but my house has never looked so good! It will definitely be worth it in the end! Good luck!

• posted May 2, 2014 at 9:47 pm

Oh Nancy I can’t imagine twice in 4 years!! That’s rough!

11. posted May 1, 2014 at 3:49 pm

What a totally fun coffee creamer, Aimee! A much healthier version than those store bought versions too. I can actually pronounce everthing that’s in this. 😉

12. posted May 1, 2014 at 5:05 pm

Good luck on selling your house Aimee – hoping the whole process goes quickly for you guys. We moved 4 times in 2 years for hubby’s job and it’s no fun but the end result will be worth it :) I love all your DIY coffee creamers and love this almond joy one – such a creative recipe – love it!

• posted May 2, 2014 at 9:48 pm

Thanks for the sweet words. And oh my gosh, 4 times in two year? I can’t even imagine!

13. posted May 1, 2014 at 11:50 pm

I’m so excited about this recipe, Aimee! I kicked store-bought coffee creamer recently because the list of unpronounceable ingredients freaks me out a little, but sugar and milk is just NOT the same! I’m going to try this for sure. Thanks!

14. Mindy
    posted May 2, 2014 at 9:08 am

What kind of coconut flavoring do you use? Can it be extract?

• posted May 2, 2014 at 9:50 pm

If you can find extract, yes! I have a little bottle of Coconut Flavoring, it’s Kroger brand.

15. posted May 2, 2014 at 3:22 pm

You are on my mind so much lately! Selling is no fun, but we’re going to get you through it! And in no time, you’ll be back home in your beloved Chicago with deep dish pizza in hand :)

• posted May 2, 2014 at 9:51 pm

Oh thank you Christina! You’re so sweet! And the pizza is what keeps me going, hehe!!

16. posted May 2, 2014 at 5:37 pm

We sold our house last summer and I can totally relate to what a pain it is to have to keep everything so clean and uncluttered. You feel like a guest in your home. I was so glad when we finally sold it, well except then the whole packing ordeal started. I love this homemade coffee creamer, so simple, and my favorite flavor!

• posted May 2, 2014 at 9:56 pm

Oh I can’t even think about the packing yet. And the unpacking!! Ugh.

17. posted May 2, 2014 at 5:47 pm

My two loves combined! Almond Joy and coffee – what a delicious way to start the day! Ugg, packing and unpacking and sorting and donating … definitely calls for creamer. Wishing you a wonderful weekend!

• posted May 2, 2014 at 9:58 pm

Thank you Mary Frances. I hope you have a great weekend too!!

18. Joyce in Oregon
    posted May 2, 2014 at 10:56 pm

Aimee, you have no idea how magnificent this is! We’ve been been packing for weeks, I feel like I’m camping in my own home now….but we finally list our home next Friday. The best part of the day has been that first great cup of coffee in the morning. I can hardly wait to try this creamer. You just don’t know! Just need to find that sauce pan that I thought I wouldn’t need. Lol Cheers to you and your move…I’ll keep you in my thoughts!

19. posted May 3, 2014 at 12:06 pm

I am always so impressed that you make your own coffee creamer! With this almond joy version I know I’ll have to finally take the plunge and try it! And best of luck with the house selling, Aimee. I know that can be super stressful, but I’m sure it’ll all be worth it soon!

20. posted May 4, 2014 at 8:29 pm

This is one of my favorite flavors, and the current flavor I’m using in my iced coffee. Love this recipe! Pinned.

21. Katie
    posted May 6, 2014 at 7:31 pm

I can’t wait to try this except I think I will Silk almond-coconut milk which is what I drink instead of cows milk. Less calories and better for you. How much more perfect could it get?!

22. Pingback: 30 Delicious Coconut Recipes | Carmel Moments

23. Pingback: Sunday Funday | Street, Party of 2

24. Pingback: Caramel Macchiato Coffee Creamer - Shugary Sweets

25. anita
    posted Aug 6, 2014 at 5:30 pm

just made this and omg! i love it!! it makes my already special morning cup of coffee so much more special. thank you for sharing! :)

• posted Aug 6, 2014 at 8:36 pm

Whoohoo, so glad you enjoyed the coffee creamer. Be sure to try some of the other varieties I’ve got on the blog :)

26. posted Aug 20, 2014 at 10:48 am

I usually just use hot chocolate mix in my coffee but these sound great. Could you freeze the milk mixture in ice cube trays and then add flavors to keep the milk longer?

27. jill Fliehr
    posted Aug 30, 2014 at 10:39 pm

Can’t wait to try these. How about a cinnamon creamer recipe?

28. Pingback: Coconut Biscotti - Shugary Sweets