Easy Cookies ‘N Cream Donuts Recipe
Easy, fried donuts in under 30 minutes! This easy Cookies ‘n Cream Donuts recipe is made using Pillsbury Grands biscuits, Hershey Cookies ‘n cream bars, Oreos and Chocolate frosting. Perfect, right?!
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest!
Ever since I realized how good and easy fried donuts taste using Pillsbury Grands, you can say we’ve become a bit obsessed at our house.
Don’t get me wrong, we balance out our breakfasts with smoothies, eggs and baked donuts. Hehe. But seriously, when it’s time for a treat, these donuts fit the bill. And Saturday mornings, with our paper and comics in hand, these pair nicely with laziness and coffee!
You can even serve them for dessert! Because they are individual servings, they would be perfect for company too!
How to make donuts with biscuits:
- You start by frying up your Grands biscuits. I like the original version, but the flaky layers are nice too. Add canola oil to a stainless steel skillet. I don’t own a fryer, so this totally works for me. Save the oil to use again by allowing it to cool slightly, then storing it in a mason jar. I strain off any fried bits while pouring it in the jar. Saves money!!
- Back to the donuts. After frying them, I make a rich chocolate frosting. You can just melt chocolate if you want and dip them in that. OR, you can take this extra step by making a rich, chocolate glaze…the kind you would find on a bakery donut!
- Once you’ve dipped them in a chocolate, melt down a big Hershey Cookies ‘n Cream bar. Drizzle that over the donuts and top with some Oreo cookie crumbs. Gourmet donuts in under 30 minutes! You’re welcome!
Looking for more delicious donut recipes? You’ve come to the right place!
Be sure to check out my Doughnuts Board on Pinterest!!!
These Apple Pie Doughnuts are ready in 30 minutes. Perfect for breakfast, or dessert!
How about some Chocolate Donuts, that are baked?
Cookies ‘n Cream comes in many ways. Cookies N Cream FUDGE is a perfect way to enjoy that Oreo flavor!
I have some very talented donut making friends…
Chocolate Avocado Donuts from Buns in my Oven
Chocolate Mint Donuts from Inside BruCrew Life
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Pastry Doughnuts from Simply Gloria
Connect with Shugary Sweets! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Easy Cookies ‘N Cream Donuts recipe:
Cookies 'N Cream Donuts
Yield: 8 large doughnuts
Prep Time:20 minutes
Cook Time:10 minutes
For the Donuts:
- 1 pkg Pillsbury Grands biscuits
- canola oil
For the topping:
- 1 Tbsp heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp corn syrup
- 1 oz bittersweet chocolate
- 1 oz semi sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 4oz Hershey cookies 'n cream candy bar, melted
- 3 Oreo cookies, crushed
- In a large, heavy bottomed skillet, heat oil about 1/2-3/4 inch high. Depending on your size skillet will determine how much oil is necessary. Bring oil to a sizzle when you drop a couple drops of water into it.
- Separate biscuits and using a one inch circle cutter (I used a cannoli tube) pop center hole out of each biscuit so it resembles a donut. Fry each biscuit for 2-3 minutes each side. Allow to cool and dry on paper towels.
- While donuts are cooling, make chocolate glaze. In a small saucepan on medium low heat, mix together the cream, milk, butter, vanilla and corn syrup. When butter is completely melted, turn heat to low and add in the chocolate, whisking smooth. Remove from heat and whisk in the powdered sugar.
- Dip each donut into the glaze. Drizzle the melted Hershey Cookies 'n Cream bar over each donut and immediately sprinkle with crushed cookies. Allow the chocolate to set, about 15 minutes. ENJOY
MAKING THIS RECIPE? Share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #ShugarySweets so I can see what you're cooking up in the kitchen!
This recipe for Cookies N Cream donuts was originally published on Shugary Sweets on July 27, 2013 and has been updated and republished in April 2018.
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**