These Mini Pumpkin Muffins make the perfect fall breakfast! Small bites of pumpkin bliss are dipped in maple glaze and covered in pecans. Pour yourself a cup of coffee and enjoy!
Why These Muffins Are Best
My mini muffin pan is one of my favorite small kitchen purchases. Bite sized muffins are easy to bring to any meeting, party or event. This pumpkin version is one of our favorites for crisp autumn mornings!
- Real pumpkin and a hint of maple gives these muffins a mouthwatering fall flavor.
- Makes enough to share with a crowd.
- The mini size means you can eat MORE of them!
- Freezer friendly recipe!
They also make a great on-the-go breakfast for those busy mornings. Mini pumpkin muffins taste great on their own.
But I couldn’t resist dipping them in a maple pecan glaze. Can you blame me?
- Pumpkin. Along with flavoring the muffins, pumpkin adds moisture and structure. Make sure to use pure canned pumpkin–not the pumpkin pie filling.
- Butter. Softened butter is a must. We have lots of tips and tricks on how to soften butter quickly!
- Pumpkin spice coffee creamer. Most grocery stores are well stocked with this flavor, especially in the fall. You can also make your own with our easy pumpkin spice coffee creamer recipe. Can’t find it? Use whole milk or half and half instead.
- Maple flavoring. We use this to give the glaze its signature flavor. It’s much more concentrated in flavor than maple syrup, so a little goes a long way!
- Pecans. We love to toast the pecans before using, but it’s not mandatory.
- Spray a mini muffin pan with baking spray. Use a 1 or 2 tablespoon measuring spoon to scoop the batter into the muffin tins.
- Bake mini pumpkin muffins for 11 – 13 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- When the muffins are completely cooled, whisk together the glaze ingredients. Dip the tops of each muffin into the glaze. Sprinkle the glazed topped with chopped pecans.
Let the glaze set for a few minutes before eating–if you can resist!
Tips and Tricks
- I used a mini muffin pan to bake these muffins.
- Make sure you use pure pumpkin from the can (not pumpkin pie filling). It makes a difference to the taste
- Don’t add your glaze until your muffins are cooled, otherwise they will drippy and melty…who wants that?
- Plan ahead by making a double batch. Enjoy half now then freeze the rest for later!
- If you have pumpkin pie spice handy, feel free to use it in these muffins instead of all the individual spices.
- Walnuts are another delicious nut option for topping these muffins if you don’t have pecans.
You can use a regular sized pan, but you will have to adjust the baking time. Add a few extra minutes and watch the muffins until they are done.
These muffins are best enjoyed fresh the same day. Leftovers should be placed an airtight container and enjoyed within 2 days.
If you want to freeze mini pumpkin muffins, do so before adding the glaze. When ready to use, thaw completely at room temperature and then proceed in making the glaze. Delicious!
More Pumpkin Recipes
Grab your mini muffin tin and get baking. These Pumpkin Mini Muffins with maple pecan glaze taste even more amazing than they smell!