If you’re looking for The Best Christmas M&M’s Cookies, you’ve arrived! The secret to soft, chewy cookies is pudding mix. These cookies are easy to make and easy to customize with your favorite M&M flavors.
Why this Recipe is Best
Add M&Ms to just about any cookie and chances are I’ll be on board. But when you want the M&Ms to really stand out, pairing them with the right cookie dough is important.
This dough is made with instant vanilla pudding mix. Why add pudding mix to cookies?
- Because pudding mix adds flavor while also making the cookies soft, chewy and sweet.
- That soft cookie texture is the perfect vehicle for M&Ms with a crunchy candy shell.
- We used M&Ms with festive holiday colors, along with sprinkles, to get these M&Ms Cookies ready for Santa! (need more holiday inspiration check out our christmas cookie recipes!)
You should also give our M&M cookie bars a try! So chewy and delicious.
- Pudding Mix. Make sure to use instant vanilla pudding mix, not the cook ‘n’ serve variety.
- Melted Butter. This helps give the cookies the perfect consistency. They’ll spread and firm up as they bake but stay soft and chewy in the center.
- M&Ms. We used the special holiday M&Ms for these cookies. The recipe works beautifully with any flavor or color of M&Ms you like!
- Sprinkles. Feel free to change up the color of the sprinkles for different occasions or holidays. We recommend Jimmies sprinkles (the long, rectangular ones) or nonpareils here.
These cookies start like most: creaming together the melted butter and sugar.
Next, you’ll add the eggs, vanilla extract and pudding mix, followed by the dry ingredients.
Fold in the M&Ms and sprinkles. Now, drop the cookies by the spoonful onto a baking sheet.
Bake for about 11 minutes. Let cool before enjoying.
PRO TIP: For a thicker cookie dough that spreads less, chill dough for an hour!
Tips and Tricks
- The cookies are likely to appear soft when you first remove them from the oven. They’ll continue to firm up a bit as they cool so be careful not to overbake.
- Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature. Enjoy within 1 week.
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper before baking the cookies to prevent sticking and make clean up a breeze.
- Freeze Cookies. Use my tips on how to freeze cookie dough for later.
- Got more M&M’s? Try our M&M Cheesecake Bars or M&M Brownies next!
Yes, these M&Ms Cookies freeze well both baked and unbaked. Baked cookies can be stored in freezer bags for up to 3 months.
Unbaked cookies should be scooped and frozen on a baking sheet until firm, then transferred to freezer bags. No need to thaw them before baking. Just place them on a cookie sheet frozen, adding a couple more minutes to the bake time.
Yes, salted butter can be used in this recipe. If you need to use salted butter, I recommend omitting the added kosher salt to help balance out the saltiness of the baked M&Ms Cookies.
I love the way that Jimmies sprinkles hold up to baking! Other kinds of sprinkles, like nonpareils and sugar sprinkles will tend to bleed into the dough.
Of course you can! Feel free to try this recipe with any kind of M&Ms you love. Peanut Butter M&Ms, White Chocolate M&Ms and Peanut M&Ms would all be delicious choices.
More Easy Cookie Recipes
- Cut Out Sugar Cookies
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Icebox Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
The Best M&Ms Cookies are made with pudding mix! Bake up a batch of these for your family’s Christmas celebration, or whenever you’re craving the heavenly combination of cookies and M&Ms candies.