Jalapeno Corn Dip

Jalapeno Corn Dip: easy to mix together for your next party dip!

I love having company at my house. Especially people who are not picky eaters. People who love “goopy” things, as my husband would say. This is one of my all time favorite dips. I could eat the entire bowl myself, which is why company is necessary.

I had a great visit with my parents this week (hence the short, non wordy posts this week). But no worries, I’m back in full swing and ready to bake! But first, let me share this company dip with you! It’s so easy to throw together and EVERYONE asks for the recipe. Enjoy!

Jalapeno Corn Dip: easy to mix together for your next party dip!

Jalapeno Corn Dip

• 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise (the real stuff)
  • 1/2 cup salsa (or picante)
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
  • 14.5oz can sweet kernel corn, drained
  • 2 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
  • Tortilla chips

1. Mix everything and refrigerate for several hours to let flavors combine. Like a little less spice? Take out the jalapeno. Like a little more? Add more jalapeno and a spicier salsa! Serve with tortilla chips.

33 Responses to “Jalapeno Corn Dip”

1. posted Aug 1, 2011 at 12:42 pm

I’ve never seen a recipe like this–great idea! I love corn recipes in the late summer especially, and this one looks yummy! :)

2. Ali
    posted Aug 1, 2011 at 2:02 pm

Yum! My sis makes a corn dip that is just like this, but didn’t have the addition of jalapeno. I love this idea! Corn dip is the best :)

3. posted Aug 1, 2011 at 2:13 pm

Need. Pronto. Seriously.

4. posted Aug 1, 2011 at 2:33 pm

Ooo, so good! I wonder if I could throw cream cheese in there too. Yum!

5. posted Aug 1, 2011 at 3:33 pm

I think you’re right, company would be necessary to enjoy this dip :) I’m going to make it next time I have some!

6. posted Aug 1, 2011 at 4:27 pm

This is going to be a yummy way to use some of the jalapenos in my garden! Thanks for sharing!

7. jen
    posted Aug 1, 2011 at 4:44 pm

yum!! adding it to my list :)

8. posted Aug 1, 2011 at 5:09 pm

This looks like a keeper for sure -thank you for sharing!
    <><
    Concetta

9. posted Aug 1, 2011 at 7:18 pm

This dip makes me happy. Great party app!

10. posted Aug 2, 2011 at 4:22 am

This sounds like a great dip to serve company. I love how creamy it looks. I can see why you could eat the whole bowl…no doubt I could as well. :)

11. posted Aug 2, 2011 at 6:50 pm

This looks delicious! Bookmarking this recipe the next time we have people over!

12. posted Aug 3, 2011 at 3:29 pm

This is a favorite at our house for parties as well. However, I add chili powder and cumin, giving it a Southwest kick. Just season to taste. Thanks of sharing your version of a fun “goopy” dip. :-) And, thanks for linking up to TMTT.

13. posted Aug 3, 2011 at 4:13 pm

I love a good dip and this sounds amazing! I have jalapenos growing in my garden this year and am looking for new recipes to try – I am definitely going to try this. Thanks so much for linking up to Tasty Tuesdays!
    Alissa

14. posted Aug 4, 2011 at 2:27 pm

wow! I could see myself addicted to this recipe! Thanks for sharing 😉

15. posted Aug 4, 2011 at 3:19 pm

Alissa, I too have many jalapenos. This is a perfect recipe to help relieve the abundance! I chop the top off my jalapenos and freeze them whole for later use.

Michele- come on over so I can make it again for company!

16. posted Aug 5, 2011 at 5:41 am

I’ve still got some jalapenos left! Going to try this. Mangoes and Chutney’s Fat Camp Friday is now open Friday at midnight (EST)! Stop by early to link up your fabulous recipes!

17. posted Aug 6, 2011 at 1:30 pm

I’ve seen corn-based dips before but not this one! It looks wonderful – I’m putting into my ever-growing “try it soon” file. :)

18. posted Aug 8, 2011 at 12:06 pm

hi! Just wanted to say thanks for linking up to Tasty Tuesday last week, hope you come back again this week! http://nap-timecreations.blogspot.com/

19. posted Aug 9, 2011 at 8:10 am

Oh yummy! I was just daydreaming about Mexican corn today and this seems like the best flavors of that classic street food in one delicious bowl! Thank you for linking up to “A Little Birdie Told Me…”. I’m featuring your post on my FB page.

Jenn

20. posted May 3, 2012 at 9:05 pm

This sounds like something I would love!!!

21. Anonymous
    posted Aug 20, 2012 at 12:10 pm

SO. FREAKING. GOOD. We’re all addicted to this dip and wanted to thank you. I do add a ton of cumin though and find it adds some depth. Super tasty!

• posted Aug 20, 2012 at 12:36 pm

Thanks! Cumin is a great addition, one of my favorite seasonings! Thanks for stopping by!

22. posted Nov 2, 2012 at 11:38 am

This is a very good dip !

23. posted Feb 4, 2013 at 10:40 am

I made this yesterday for the Super bowl! Yum! I added the recipe to my blog, and of course gave you full credit :) Here is the link if you would like to check it out. Thanks for the amazing recipe!!

24. Sarah
    posted Jul 9, 2013 at 12:55 pm

I am just wondering about how many this serves, it is a wonderful sounding dip that I plan to make this weekend to take camping!

25. Shawn
    posted Aug 2, 2013 at 2:15 pm

I made this for the first time July 14th to take to a cookout and will be making it tonight for the third time since. Each time, I’ve made a double batch, so some can be left at home! Thanks for the great recipe!!

• posted Aug 4, 2013 at 9:24 am

I’m so glad you enjoyed the dip recipe! It’s so addicting :)

26. kristen
    posted Sep 15, 2013 at 4:32 pm

Good base dip. I didn’t read the directions entirely, used frozen corn & had to pop it in the oven. This is better cold (leftovers!) I would add Rotel instead of salsa just to give it more of a kick and add a little chunk to the dip. Enjoyed it!

27. Angie
    posted Jan 4, 2014 at 12:28 pm

I have a recipe similar to this…everyone loves it when I make it…I always have to make a double batch. I use shoe-peg corn in mine, but no salsa.

28. Pingback: Foodies Network » Jalapeño Corn Dip