Peanut Butter Bars

Peanut Butter Cookie Bars- triple layer #peanutbutter bars with Reese's cups and pieces! #dessert

So here’s the thing. I know many of you LOVE chocolate and peanut butter together. And while I enjoy it, it’s not my FAVORITE combination. If I’m going to have peanut butter…pile on the peanut flavor!

That’s what I did with this recipe. Not only do you have a base made from peanut butter cookie dough, but I topped the cookie with a creamy peanut butter ganache (for lack of better definition) and covered that with mini Reese’s peanut butter cups and Reese’s pieces.

You’re welcome.

Now, if you haven’t done so already, go get ready for Halloween. It’s tomorrow. And I have no candy yet to hand out because I used it all in recipes this month!!

Like this Peanut Butter Cookie Bar with Candy? You may also enjoy these recipes….

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Bars– for those of you who love the combination! Made with Reese’s pieces too! by Shugary Sweets

Banana Reese’s Cookies– made with chocolate, bananas and Reese’s pieces and PB cups! DELISH! by Inside BruCrew Life

Chocolate Peanut Butter Lover’s Bark– easy candy made with chocolate, Reese’s pieces and PB cups! by Keep It Sweet

Peanut Butter Bars

Triple layer cookie bars topped with Reese's!

For the Cookie Layer:
  • 1 can (14oz) sweetened condensed milk
  • 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
  • 1 bag (10oz) peanut butter morsels
  • For the Topping:
  • 1 bag (14oz) Reese's pieces
  • 1 bag (8oz) Reese's MINI peanut butter cups

1. For the cookie, beat Crisco with peanut butter, milk and brown sugar until creamy. Beat in egg. Add flour, salt and baking soda, mix until thoroughly combined.
  2. Press cookie dough into a lightly greased 15x10 baking sheet. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 18-22 minutes, until browned. Remove.
  3. While baking, heat condensed milk with butter over low heat until warmed. Remove from heat, whisk in peanut butter morsels and stir until melted. Pour over warm cookie layer. Immediately press candies into top layer. Allow to set, about one hour. Slice and serve!!
  4. **I store cut cookie bars in a ziploc freezer bag for my kid's lunches. The color of the candies may change slightly, but they taste delicious!

46 Responses to “Peanut Butter Bars”

1. posted Oct 30, 2012 at 6:59 am

My drop is dropping right now!!! You just said you don’t really like chocolate and peanut butter?? It’s a good thing we are such good friends, because I will just have to overlook that admission:-) I like peanut butter, but pile on that chocolate goodness! Eeeiiikk Halloween is tomorrow and I have no candy left either! I guess I will just find the kids bag from Sunday and use that. They will never know since they will get more tomorrow night;-)

• posted Oct 30, 2012 at 7:11 am

Woo Hoo! Just thought you would like to know you are back in my bloglovin feed:-)

2. posted Oct 30, 2012 at 7:16 am

Another yummy dessert that my kiddies will love, bookmarking to make later! Thanks for sharing!

3. posted Oct 30, 2012 at 8:13 am

All the Yummy desserts always makes me so amazing … love to share all these desserts with my loving partner .. love him a lot and missing him now :(

4. posted Oct 30, 2012 at 8:15 am

You still showed up in my google friend connect!?! I thought that wasn’t going to work since you’re on WordPress now.

• posted Oct 30, 2012 at 12:33 pm

Well that’s just plain old odd…but I’ll take it!

5. posted Oct 30, 2012 at 10:52 am

Yes please! Usually, I find the chocolate gets in the way of my peanut butter cravings, so like you, I say more pb!! These bars definitely could squelch any pb craving I have–look at ’em! Delish :)

• aimee
      posted Oct 30, 2012 at 12:40 pm

Yeah, you won’t be craving peanut butter after eating one of these! Maybe a cup of milk!

6. posted Oct 30, 2012 at 11:36 am

Another winner of a recipe for THIS family!!! We also love that peanut butter-chocolate combination, and these puppies look delish! Thanks for sharing….I just need kids or something to share all this goodness with. (not with my hips! lol)

• posted Oct 30, 2012 at 12:40 pm

Oh I know the feeling! Fortunately I freeze much of what I bake so that I can put it in kids lunches!

7. posted Oct 30, 2012 at 11:53 am

I do love PB & choc together. One of my fave flavor combos ever! These bars are perfect for me!

8. posted Oct 30, 2012 at 1:12 pm

These look incredible to me! Rich and sweet and delicious. :)

9. posted Oct 30, 2012 at 1:54 pm

I think I’ll have to make this for Halloween, and then everyday thereafter!

10. posted Oct 30, 2012 at 2:41 pm

Holy cow, these look amazing! There is no way that I would have any self control over that middle layer. PB chips are a huge weakness for me!

11. posted Oct 30, 2012 at 3:20 pm

mmm peanut butter on top of peanut kinda bar!!

12. posted Oct 30, 2012 at 5:45 pm

I’m with you. More peanut butter! :)

13. posted Oct 30, 2012 at 7:28 pm

Oh em gee. Love these! And so perfect for Halloween!

14. posted Oct 30, 2012 at 8:36 pm

three insanely peanut buttery layers to LOVE LOVE LOVE. I’m in h eaven here Aimee. Serious heaven! You know how much I love peanut butter. And baking bars is what I rely on – so much easier than cookies any day. A pb overload and I wouldn’t have it any other way :)

15. posted Oct 30, 2012 at 9:55 pm

I looooooooove peanut butter bars, peanut butter all the way. And the Reese’s pieces. Sigh. :)

16. posted Oct 31, 2012 at 4:13 am

Oh my goodness!! I didn’t even know there was such thing as peanut butter ganache! Mind = Blown. Thanks for sharing! It looks so yummy!

• posted Oct 31, 2012 at 6:38 am

Yeah I’m not sure if it’s truly a “ganache” but I can’t think of any other term for it! Thanks for stopping by Danielle!

17. posted Oct 31, 2012 at 9:20 am

I’m all about peanut butter! The more the better! :)

18. posted Oct 31, 2012 at 10:32 am

These look amazing! Thanks for linking to my bark:-)

19. posted Oct 31, 2012 at 11:33 am

I am swearing to myself that my kidlet has a peanut allergy. I miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssssssssss my peanut butter!!!!!!!

• posted Oct 31, 2012 at 2:00 pm

Awww, I’m sorry you have pb withdrawal! Wish I could give you just a nibble of these bars!

20. posted Oct 31, 2012 at 2:16 pm

it’s my favorite combination, too! these look fabulous!

21. posted Oct 31, 2012 at 4:08 pm

These are AWESOME
    Look sooooooooooooooo delicious
    I really wish i could eat one or two (or three) of these right now !:)

22. posted Oct 31, 2012 at 5:50 pm

Yummy! Did you take that first picture using a Macro Lens? I am just learning about those. I hope you will share these at my Holiday Cookie Exchange:

23. posted Oct 31, 2012 at 6:17 pm

Such a perfect treat!
    I would love to have you share this (or any other recipes of yours) at Wednesday Extravaganza – my Foodie link party, and maybe win a lifetime feature on my Wall of Fame! Here is the link:

I can’t wait to see you there!

24. Debbie S.
    posted Oct 31, 2012 at 7:01 pm

Love it come and join our link party:

25. posted Nov 1, 2012 at 2:25 pm

It seems like no peanut butter treats can be complete without a little Reese’s. Thanks for sharing the recipe for these cookie bars

26. Ala
    posted Nov 2, 2012 at 3:50 am

That is an *insane* amount of PB there, girl! I’m loving every second of it, too. Anyone with a nut allergy within a 10-mile radius of me needs to head for the hills, because those jars of peanut butter are going DOWN in this household!

• posted Nov 2, 2012 at 6:44 am

Nut allergies beware! I love that! Let me know if you try it, feel free to send me some!!

27. posted Nov 6, 2012 at 10:02 am

Oh my gosh! You’re amazing. Love how much peanut butter there is in this. My problem with peanut butter goodies sometimes is that the flavor isn’t strong enough. When I want peanut butter, I want peanut butter flavor and not just a subtle hint. This looks like the perfect solution!

28. posted Nov 10, 2012 at 7:48 pm

Oh man, those look SO good! I love reese’s cups and reese’s pieces!

29. Ratha
    posted Feb 22, 2013 at 9:42 pm

Hi, I just ran across your recipe :) It looks absolutely wonderful, but I had questions about the Crisco. Does it have to be used, of could I substitute with butter? Would using butter/margarine change the cookie layer completely?

• posted Feb 22, 2013 at 10:09 pm

You can use unsalted butter in place of the Crisco. the texture of the cookie may change, but it will still taste delicious!!!

30. Marla
    posted Mar 1, 2014 at 7:35 am

This looks amazing. Can’t wit to try it. Quick questions, what are peanut butter morsels?

• posted Mar 2, 2014 at 3:08 pm

Peanut Butter morsels are just like chocolate chip morsels (only PB flavored)!

• Marla
        posted Mar 2, 2014 at 10:29 pm

Perfect! Thank you. I’ve always called them chipits :)

31. Pingback: Foodies Network » Peanut Butter Bars