Cranberry Orange Biscotti

by aimee @ shugarysweets on November 6, 2012

And the biscotti obsession continues.

I think I told you several months back (okay, it was May) that I had made three different flavors of biscotti for some company one weekend. This is the third flavor I made. Sorry it took so long to share, I’m sure you were on the edge of your seat waiting….

I have made it TWICE since that weekend with friends, it’s so easy to put together, and I love the flavor combination. It helps having crunchy sugar and white chocolate drizzled on top!

Biscotti keeps well in a covered container or ziploc freezer bag. I tend to store mine in a ziploc bag with all the air pressed out. It has lasted for over a week. Probably could last longer, but I eat it all up before I can test that theory!

The crunchy biscotti with the chewy Craisins, combined with orange zest and white chocolate are a decadent treat for your morning coffee! ENJOY!

Like this Cranberry Orange Biscotti Recipe? You may also enjoy these recipes….

Snickerdoodle Biscotti- cinnamon and pecans gives this crunchy biscotti a great depth of flavor!

Turtle Biscotti- do you even need a description? Caramel, nuts, chocolate, oh my!

Chocolate Peppermint Biscotti- chocolate biscotti dipped in white chocolate with a generous sprinkle of peppermint candy canes!

Pumpkin Spiced Biscotti- spicy pumpkin biscotti dipped in a spiced white chocolate coating- Thanksgiving treat!

OR

Check out my Pinterest Board: Breakfast Table Goodies

Cranberry Orange Biscotti

Crunchy Orange Biscotti with Craisins and White Chocolate! Get your coffee ready!

• 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 oranges, zested (divided)
  • 2 cup flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 cup dried cranberries
  • 1/4 cup white chocolate, melted
  • 1 Tbsp coarse sugar (or granulated), for garnish

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. In large mixing bowl, beat butter and 3/4 cup sugar until combined. Add in eggs and vanilla extract. Beat in zest of one orange. Slow add flour and baking powder. Fold in dried cranberries.
  3. On a parchment paper lined baking sheet, shape dough into a 12 inch by 4 inch log, patting evenly. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for 15 minutes. Slice biscotti into 3/4inch slices. Arrange upright on baking sheet and return to oven. Bake an additional 20 minutes. Remove and cool completely.
  4. In small bowl mix zest of one orange with remaining 1 tbsp of coarse sugar (or granulated). Drizzle white chocolate on cooled biscotti and immediately sprinkle with orange sugar. Allow to set (about 15 minutes).
  5. Store in air tight container or ziploc bag. Enjoy!

Linked To: Totally Tasty Trick or Treat  Talent Show  Lil Luna  36thAvenue

Jocelyn @BruCrew Life November 6, 2012 at 9:15 am

Ok, true story…guess what flavor scone Jer asked me just last night to make next??? LOL Orange Cranberry:-) These look great! Love the flavor combo…not sure they would last a week on my counter though:-)
Jocelyn @BruCrew Life recently posted..Trick or Treat TuesdayMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets November 6, 2012 at 10:06 am

Oooh scones with this flavor combination would be awesome!!!

Kate@Diethood November 6, 2012 at 9:34 am

I am sipping on some coffee and I have absolutely nothing to dunk in it … sure could use your delicious treats!!
I love biscotti and make them quite often, but I have not tried this combo…and I love cranberry and orange together!

aimee @ shugarysweets November 6, 2012 at 10:06 am

Awww, you have lonely coffee? That’s sad! Wish I could share some of my biscotti with you!

Mandie @ Oh So Decadent November 6, 2012 at 9:39 am

This biscotti looks absolutely divine! I’ve never tried to make it at home though I’ve always wanted to. Thanks for sharing :).

Erin @ Texanerin Baking November 6, 2012 at 9:56 am

I’ve never had biscotti but I really love this flavor combination! Sounds and looks amazing. And super impressive looking. :)
Erin @ Texanerin Baking recently posted..Maple Cinnamon Apple ChipsMy Profile

Liz November 6, 2012 at 10:40 am

Oh, I love biscotti’s, especially with a hot cup of coffee. This would be a great recipe for Christmas morning! Thanks! :)
Liz recently posted..Salted Caramel Apple Crumb BarsMy Profile

Anita at Hungry Couple November 6, 2012 at 1:05 pm

I love, love, love biscotti. Year round, my favorite flavor is almond but around the holidays I crave the combo of orange and cranberry. Yum, yum, yum!
Anita at Hungry Couple recently posted..Light and Creamy Pumpkin SoupMy Profile

kari November 6, 2012 at 1:14 pm

As one of the friends at said weekend, this was absolutely delicious! And I’m a chocolate person so at first I kept taking the turtle ones but once I tried this kind I was totally in. They were awesome – Aimee thanks for making me crave some now! Hmmmm, maybe bring some at Thanksgiving!

Nicole @ The Marvelous Misadventures of a Foodie November 6, 2012 at 7:08 pm

I love biscotti! These look delicious! And this flavor combination just screams December to me :)
Nicole @ The Marvelous Misadventures of a Foodie recently posted..Murder at the Four Deuces: Murder Mystery Dinner PartyMy Profile

Liz November 6, 2012 at 9:59 pm

Oh, YUM! These would be perfect for hostess gifts during the holidays…but I’d have to reserve a few just for me!
Liz recently posted..Buttermilk Crumb Muffins…Baking with JuliaMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets November 6, 2012 at 10:14 pm

I love giving Biscotti as gifts!!

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust November 6, 2012 at 10:02 pm

Ha, I do that too, make something and not post it forever. I need to get on the biscotti bandwagon!
Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust recently posted..Crazy Sweet TuesdayMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets November 6, 2012 at 10:14 pm

Oh yes you do! Jump aboard!

Julia {The Roasted Root} November 6, 2012 at 11:04 pm

This biscotti looks like the perfect partner to my morning coffee! I love the orange and cranberry combo and they look like they were made to perfection!
Julia {The Roasted Root} recently posted..Silky Sweet Potato Pie (Gluten-Free)My Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets November 7, 2012 at 7:04 am

Thanks Julia!

Melissa November 7, 2012 at 2:48 am

This recipe looks yummy! Thanks so much for sharing. =)
I love cranberrys!
Melissa recently posted.."The Wicked Wager" by Anya Wylde free on Amazon for limited timeMy Profile

Jess November 7, 2012 at 4:10 am

biscotti is one of those things that my mom makes so well that I’m afraid to try it myself! I do so love the texture and how perfect it is for dunking in tea! This combination may be what I need to give it a try myself.
Jess recently posted..1-Hour Light and Buttery Dinner RollsMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets November 7, 2012 at 7:05 am

Jess, you totally need to try it! You will be surprised at how easy it is to make! And it’s awesome to have on hand, or give as gifts! What flavors does your mom make?

Jessica@AKitchenAddiction November 7, 2012 at 10:28 am

Love these flavors in biscotti! Wish I were dipping one in my coffee right now!
Jessica@AKitchenAddiction recently posted..Glazed Apple Pan PieMy Profile

Winnie November 7, 2012 at 5:07 pm

I’m also a biscotti fan, and these look GREAT
I’m heading over to check the snickerdoodle biscotti :)

sally @ sallys baking addiction November 7, 2012 at 6:27 pm

Aimee, I’ve never made biscotti at home before! you have so many wonderful recipes, I wouldn’t know where to start! This flavor is perfect for the upcoming holidays. I want anything and everything cranberry these days. The white chocolate drizzle is a gorgeous touch. :)
sally @ sallys baking addiction recently posted..apple butterscotch magic bars.My Profile

Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girl November 7, 2012 at 10:34 pm

I love homemade biscotti, and orange-cranberry is one of my very favorite holiday flavor combinations. These look great, Aimee! And I love the white chocolate drizzle on top–perfect!
Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girl recently posted..The Creamiest Mashed Potatoes You’ll Ever EatMy Profile

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel November 8, 2012 at 11:03 am

Would it be totally wrong of me to want to dip this in icing instead of drizzling the icing on it because more icing is always a good thing, yes? Maybe I’ll get off my butt and finally make biscotti this year! Looks fantastic.
Rachel @ Baked by Rachel recently posted..Cheese and Herb Monkey BreadMy Profile

Lisa December 30, 2012 at 8:21 am

This is a winner! I don’t even want to share them with anyone!
Lisa recently posted..Sausage Skillet MealMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets December 31, 2012 at 8:24 am

Haha, I take it you made these Lisa? Definitely delicious :)

Lisa December 31, 2012 at 3:39 pm

Oh Indeed I did make them and I haven’t let anyone near the container hahaha!
Lisa recently posted..Spanish RiceMy Profile

Wendy August 29, 2013 at 9:03 am

I made these ones more than once, and always loved them :)) today i forgot the cranberries so i replaced those with chunks of white chocolates. And because i love nuts i added chopped walnuts too:)
Your recipes are really good:)) Keep up the good work!

Greetings from the Netherlands,
Wendy

aimee @ shugarysweets August 29, 2013 at 12:43 pm

Wendy, Thanks so much for your sweet words! So glad you enjoy the recipes. Love that you added white chocolate chunks to the biscotti!

Marilyn September 10, 2013 at 7:09 pm

Thanks for sharing your recipes and I love your humor.

Patrice December 11, 2013 at 7:16 pm

Can’t wait to try this recipe tomorrow. I think I’ll add some toasted walnuts to one batch and leave the other as you have it.

Melanie December 29, 2013 at 4:33 pm

Found this recipe as a part of my traditional DIY christmas gift basket. They were such a hit I am making a second batch today for my FIL birthday! Keep up the great work! By the way, I love the drizzle of chocolate and crumbles of orange peel. Gives the biscotti a strong but not-to-sweet glaze.

Jane October 20, 2014 at 5:14 pm

I make your caramel macchiato biscotti all the time and they keep well. Was wondering how long I could keep these. Thanks for your time.

aimee @ shugarysweets October 21, 2014 at 6:41 am

I keep mine in an airtight ziploc bag. If I don’t go crazy, they last me about a week or two.

Michele December 14, 2014 at 9:02 pm

i made these today. My first attempt at biscotti. They turned out perfect. I added sliced almonds. I’m making another batch tomorrow to freeze for Christmas. Husband approved.