Chocolate Mint Brownies
Rich fudgy brownies topped with a soft chocolate mint layer. Topped with melted milk chocolate!
It’s been quite some time since I shared a brownie recipe on the blog. December was the last time. Nearly 3 months. Then, last week my blog friend Jocelyn shared some Thin Mint Fudge Brownies on her blog and I couldn’t get them out of my head. Seriously.
Earlier this week I made some Chocolate Mint Pretzel bites using the Duncan Hines frosting creations packet. I bought a few extra packets, just in case! I knew when making this brownie I would change a few things from Jocelyn’s recipe. I used my homemade brownie recipe as the base. I have nothing against brownie mixes, I just don’t usually have them on hand. It could totally work though for this recipe if you prefer. I also knew I wanted a soft chocolate mint layer. So instead of making a fudge layer, I made a chocolate mint ganache that you can sink your teeth into. Literally. Of course, to complete this recipe, it needed a final layer of milk chocolate. Agreed?
These are some seriously rich, seriously delicious brownies! Just be careful, it makes a whole 13×9 pan and once you start nibbling it’s so hard to stop! Consider yourself warned!
Don’t miss another mouthwatering recipe from Shugary Sweets! Be sure to follow me:
Chocolate Mint Brownies
Yield: 24 brownies
Prep Time: 2 hours
Cook Time: 35 minutes
For the brownies:
- 4oz unsweetened chocolate baking squares
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
For the Filling:
- 1 can (14oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 pkt (0.1oz) Duncan Hines chocolate mint Frosting Creations
- 12oz white chocolate morsels
For the Topping:
- 1 bag (11 1/2oz) milk chocolate morsels, melted
- For the brownies, melt baking chocolate with butter in microwave dish for one minute. Stir and heat an additional 30 seconds.
- In a large mixing bowl combine melted chocolate and butter with sugars. Stir and add in eggs. Add flour and salt and stir until completely blended.
- Pour batter into a parchment paper lined 13x9 baking dish. Bake in a 325 degree oven for about 35 minutes. Remove and cool on wire rack.
- For the filling, in a small saucepan heat condensed milk until warm. Whisk in chocolate mint packet and white chocolate. Continue whisking on low heat until smooth. Pour over slightly cooled brownies.
- Allow brownies to set in refrigerator for 1-2 hours. Top with melted milk chocolate. ENJOY!
Here are a few other brownie recipes that I love:
Milky Way Double Fudge Brownies: Just look how dark and moist these brownies are! You can substitute your favorite candy in this recipe (Snicker’s work great, just sayin).
Butterscotch Kit Kat Brownies: Soft brownie bottom with crispy Kit Kats topped with a layer of melted butterscotch!
Love this brownie recipe? Find more delicious recipes by following my boards on Pinterest: