Chocolate Mint Brownies

Rich fudgy brownies topped with a soft chocolate mint layer. Topped with melted milk chocolate!

Chocolate Mint Brownies: rich, fudgy brownie base topped with a mint ganache and melted milkchocolate #stpaddysday

It’s been quite some time since I shared a brownie recipe on the blog. December was the last time. Nearly 3 months. Then, last week my blog friend Jocelyn shared some Thin Mint Fudge Brownies on her blog and I couldn’t get them out of my head. Seriously.

Earlier this week I made some Chocolate Mint Pretzel bites using the Duncan Hines frosting creations packet. I bought a few extra packets, just in case! I knew when making this brownie I would change a few things from Jocelyn’s recipe. I used my homemade brownie recipe as the base. I have nothing against brownie mixes, I just don’t usually have them on hand. It could totally work though for this recipe if you prefer. I also knew I wanted a soft chocolate mint layer. So instead of making a fudge layer, I made a chocolate mint ganache that you can sink your teeth into. Literally. Of course, to complete this recipe, it needed a final layer of milk chocolate. Agreed?

Chocolate Mint Brownies: rich, fudgy brownie base topped with a mint ganache and melted #milkchocolate #stpattysday

These are some seriously rich, seriously delicious brownies! Just be careful, it makes a whole 13×9 pan and once you start nibbling it’s so hard to stop! Consider yourself warned!

Don’t miss another mouthwatering recipe from Shugary Sweets! Be sure to follow me:

Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Pinterest | Bloglovin’

Chocolate Mint Brownies

For the Filling:

• 1 can (14oz) sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 pkt (0.1oz) Duncan Hines chocolate mint Frosting Creations
  • 12oz white chocolate morsels

For the Topping:

• 1 bag (11 1/2oz) milk chocolate morsels, melted

1. For the brownies, melt baking chocolate with butter in microwave dish for one minute. Stir and heat an additional 30 seconds.
  2. In a large mixing bowl combine melted chocolate and butter with sugars. Stir and add in eggs. Add flour and salt and stir until completely blended.
  3. Pour batter into a parchment paper lined 13x9 baking dish. Bake in a 325 degree oven for about 35 minutes. Remove and cool on wire rack.
  4. For the filling, in a small saucepan heat condensed milk until warm. Whisk in chocolate mint packet and white chocolate. Continue whisking on low heat until smooth. Pour over slightly cooled brownies.
  5. Allow brownies to set in refrigerator for 1-2 hours. Top with melted milk chocolate. ENJOY!
**inspired by Inside BruCrew Life

Here are a few other brownie recipes that I love:

Milky Way Double Fudge Brownies: Just look how dark and moist these brownies are! You can substitute your favorite candy in this recipe (Snicker’s work great, just sayin).

Milky Way Double Fudge Brownies from

Butterscotch Kit Kat Brownies: Soft brownie bottom with crispy Kit Kats topped with a layer of melted butterscotch!

Butterscotch Kit Kat Brownies from

Love this brownie recipe? Find more delicious recipes by following my boards on Pinterest:

Cookies Brownies and Bars

St Pattys Day

Cinco de Mayo

Chocolate Mint Brownies: rich, fudgy brownie base topped with a mint ganache and melted milk chocolate

38 Responses to “Chocolate Mint Brownies”

1. posted Mar 6, 2013 at 3:22 pm

Oooh, I make a cool mint dessert that is very similar to this one. I love the chocolate and mint combo and know this would be a hit in our house!

2. posted Mar 6, 2013 at 3:39 pm

mint and chocolate is taking over the world. :) These remind me of a swirly twirly minty fudgy brownie I made over the weekend. You would LOVE them Aimee! I am posting them soon. PS: I still have those pretzel bites on my mind…

3. posted Mar 6, 2013 at 6:31 pm

I LOVE mint and chocolate together!! These look amazing!

4. posted Mar 6, 2013 at 7:13 pm

Gorgeous mint + choco combo and such perfect layers! I just posted choc + mint yesterday and last year, I posted choc + mint brownies around this time, and they turned out to be one of my most popular recipes of the year!

5. posted Mar 6, 2013 at 7:45 pm

Mint is in the air! Love it! These brownies look so scrumptious and I love how they have thick layers, you can really get a taste and bite of each flavor!

6. posted Mar 6, 2013 at 7:58 pm

Chocolate and mint, two wonderful flavors. Cannot wait to try this recipe.

7. posted Mar 6, 2013 at 8:44 pm

These would be gone in a flash Aimee! Chocolate and mint – to die for!

8. posted Mar 7, 2013 at 12:35 am

Oh do these just look heavenly! I love mint brownies and these just are calling to me :)

• posted Mar 7, 2013 at 6:24 am

Thanks Suzanne, I think you should answer the call 😉

9. posted Mar 7, 2013 at 12:57 am

Oh these look wonderful! They remind me or grasshopper fudge which is my absolute favorite!

• posted Mar 7, 2013 at 6:26 am

I haven’t made grasshopper fudge in years! thanks for the reminder Audra!

10. posted Mar 7, 2013 at 8:22 am

What a sweet St. Patty’s-Day treat! I’m totally with you on going for the soft mint layer. That’s my favorite part. OK, and the homemade brownie is pretty fab too. Good thing I don’t have to choose :-)

11. posted Mar 7, 2013 at 9:06 am

Yep, that mint layer is extraordinary! Now I’ll be thinking about it! Thanks Aimee!

12. posted Mar 7, 2013 at 9:26 am

I can’t imagine a better feeling than my teeth sinking into this ganache (as my dentist probably shudders at the thought lol). Gorgeous brownies Aimee – keep ’em coming! Three months is FAR too long to wait for brownies like these 😀

13. posted Mar 7, 2013 at 9:30 am

Yay! I am so glad my brownies inspired you to bake these yummy looking brownies. Love the ganache mint topping with the chocolate glaze! I do have to say though, my fudge layer on mine was actually quite soft…something about being on the brownies didn’t let it set up quite as hard as normal…which was actually a really good thing :-) Now I think I need brownies…better make them today before my new diet starts on Saturday!!!

14. posted Mar 7, 2013 at 10:21 am

These look so sweet and fudgy and I love that minty layer-they’d be great for St. Patrick’s Day too!

15. posted Mar 7, 2013 at 11:30 am

I love that you used sweetened condensed milk for the minty ganache layer. I was just wondering the other day if ganache with sweetened condensed milk was a thing :)

• posted Mar 7, 2013 at 12:12 pm

LOL. I don’t know if it’s “correct” to call it ganache. But I couldn’t think of what else to describe the soft layer of mint :)

16. posted Mar 7, 2013 at 11:45 am

I always agree to a final layer of chocolate :) These look prefect and I’m in love with the colors!

• posted Mar 7, 2013 at 12:12 pm

Thanks Sues! Can’t go wrong with extra chocolate!

17. posted Mar 7, 2013 at 12:22 pm

I love any kind of brownies and these sound amazing! I have to get my hands on these Frosting Creations.

18. posted Mar 7, 2013 at 12:36 pm

These brownies sound amazing Aimee! I love mint and that creamy smooth layer of chocolate on the top is making me really hungry! :)

19. posted Mar 7, 2013 at 2:12 pm

What a great use of the Duncan Hine’s frosting creation. I’m going to have to give those things a try. St. Patrick’s Day is all about something minty and chocolatey for me, and this fits the bill perfectly!

20. posted Mar 8, 2013 at 1:17 am

Oh my gosh, I absolutely LOVE brownies and these look delicious! The mint looks a beautiful colour…I just want to bite your picture….lol. Of course it would be hard knowing whether to make these or the kitkat or double fudge that you also have featured….hm…maybe will have to make them all!

21. posted Mar 8, 2013 at 7:38 am

Mint and Chocolate. There is nothing better, except to combine them!

22. Brooke
    posted Mar 10, 2013 at 1:20 pm

This recipe looks delicious! Can’t wait to make them.

23. posted Mar 10, 2013 at 4:07 pm

Oh yum, your brownies look so good!

24. Lisa
    posted Mar 15, 2013 at 8:15 am

I made these last night to bring into work today. My co-worker just cut into them and came rushing to my desk to make me take a bite. OMG–rich and delicious with just the right amount of mint flavor. I usually steer clear of recipes calling for sweetened condensed milk (I’m not sure why) but this recipe will change that!

25. posted Mar 16, 2013 at 8:55 pm

These mint brownies sound delicious! I definitely will try them!!!!

26. Heather
    posted Jan 2, 2014 at 12:53 pm

The recipe looks great, however I really love the font you used for the ‘chocolate mint’ wording. Would you mind sharing what it is?

27. Pingback: Pimp My Brownies - Shugary Sweets