Apple Pecan Cups

by aimee @ shugarysweets on September 24, 2013

Bite sized Apple Pecan cups filled with apples, pecans and gooey caramelized glaze. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and enjoy this delicious fall treat!

Apple Pecan Cups: bite sized pecan pie treats filled with apple bits. DELISH.

Every Christmas my mom makes nut cups. Think pecan pie in a bite sized cup, sprinkled with powdered sugar.

I’ve been thinking about those little nut cups for weeks. Then, my good friend Jocelyn, asked if I wanted to do “apple week” with her. Basically, sharing apple recipes all week long. Ummm, yes?!

Today is the first recipe for you, and it’s based off my mom’s nut cups. With an apple twist of course.

If you’ve ever had nut cups (or pecan pie for that matter) you know the gooey glaze is almost caramelized. Which made me think apples would be a delicious addition to this recipe. I thought about adding some extra caramel drizzle to the tops of these cups, but honestly, it’s not needed.

Apple Pecan Cups: bite sized pecan pie treats filled with apple bits. DELISH.

For simplicity sake (and appearance), I sprinkled the tops with a little powdered sugar. I also used Crunchpak Apple slices to speed up the prep time.

I hope you and your family love this recipe for nut cups as much as we do!

Be sure to follow me all week to see the other great apple recipes up my sleeve!

And head over to Jocelyn’s blog, Inside BruCrew Life, to take a peek at her Peanut Butter Apple Pizza recipe. I’m drooling.

Connect with Shugary Sweets!

Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Pinterest | instagram | Bloglovin’

Apple Pecan Cups: bite sized pecan pie treats filled with apple bits. DELISH.

Apple Pecan Cups

• 1 large egg
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
  • 1/2 cup apples, peeled and diced small
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • powdered sugar, for garnish

1. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese with butter until fully combined. Beat in flour and powdered sugar and continue mixing until fully incorporated. Lay out a large piece of plastic wrap and drop dough into center. Wrap up dough and chill in freezer one hour.
  2. For the filling, combine all ingredients into a large bowl and mix together gently using a fork.
  3. After dough has chilled, use a 1 Tbsp measuring spoon and scoop out a large ball. Roll into a ball and press into a mini muffin pan. I don't usually spray my pans, but if you want you baking spray. Use a tart shaper (or finger tips) to press dough into pan, trying not to go over the edge of the cup. Repeat for remaining dough.
  4. Scoop about 1 tsp of filling into each cup of dough. Bake in a 375 degree F oven for about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and cool in pan about 15-20 minutes.
  5. After cooled, pop our of pan, sprinkle with powdered sugar and enjoy.
  6. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to 3 days.

Notes

**filling may bubble out, you may want to place muffin pan on a cookie sheet or piece of foil.

Looking for more apple recipes? Of course you came to the right place!

unclebobscake

Apple Cake: delicious and moist with a honey glaze

apples

Apple Spice Muffins with Caramel glaze

applepiefudge

Apple Pie Fudge

Stephanie @ PlainChicken September 24, 2013 at 8:04 pm

These look delicious!
Stephanie @ PlainChicken recently posted..15 of my Favorite Soups & StewsMy Profile

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust September 24, 2013 at 9:01 pm

Amazing!!
Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust recently posted..Perfect Vanilla CupcakesMy Profile

Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet September 24, 2013 at 9:33 pm

These sound fantastic! Yay for apple week!!
Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet recently posted..Pumpkin Spice Marshmallow Popcorn BallsMy Profile

LuAnn Braley September 24, 2013 at 9:46 pm

Found your blog and subscribed through your “apple week” collaboration with Jocelyn at Inside BruCrew Life.

Saved the recipe. It looks SO good. We have a couple of apple trees in our yard or I’d be all over those pre-cut slices! I love time-savers.
LuAnn Braley recently posted..Four Unusual Recipe ContestsMy Profile

Ashton September 25, 2013 at 7:50 am

I’ve never heard of nut cups! But I’ll have to try these for sure! Lookin’ good!!!!
Ashton recently posted..Spooky Spiderweb S’mores PopsMy Profile

Eva @ Eva Bakes September 25, 2013 at 8:58 am

These are adorable! I’d be tempted to pop a few of these in my mouth and then go back and finish the rest of the batch… :)
Eva @ Eva Bakes recently posted..Cosmic browniesMy Profile

Mary Frances @ The Sweet {Tooth} Life September 25, 2013 at 3:08 pm

We ate our first fall apples the other day and they tasted so.good. I’ve missed them! These are so cute and I really like the nuts on top. And your pictures! I saw them on Pinterest and was like, those are gorgeous! Thumbs up!
Mary Frances @ The Sweet {Tooth} Life recently posted..Things I’m Loving This Week {#2}My Profile

marcie September 25, 2013 at 3:47 pm

YUM! Cream cheese crust with apples and nuts nestled inside? I’m very into apples right now, so these couldn’t be in front of me at a better time!
marcie recently posted..Pumpkin Graham Waffles with Chocolate ChipsMy Profile

Des September 25, 2013 at 7:13 pm

What a perfect fall dessert! I have never heard of nut cups before but I am loving this!
Des recently posted..Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Potatoes and KielbasaMy Profile

Ashley | Spoonful of Flavor September 25, 2013 at 8:49 pm

So yummy and perfectly sized!
Ashley | Spoonful of Flavor recently posted..Cookie Dough TrufflesMy Profile

Nutmeg Nanny September 26, 2013 at 12:57 am

Bite sized goodies are my favorite :) this recipe is wonderful!!

Laura@baking in pyjamas September 26, 2013 at 7:11 am

Love the look of these, saving and pinning! I want one or two or maybe double that.
Laura@baking in pyjamas recently posted..Baking News!My Profile

Jess @ On Sugar Mountain September 26, 2013 at 5:29 pm

This is officially the best week ever. ALL APPLES ALL THE TIME WOO! (sorry I’ve been drinking a lot of Pumpkin spice lattes lately). I love the combo of apples and pecans, like a little perfect pie! :D
Jess @ On Sugar Mountain recently posted..Salted Caramel Mocha CookiesMy Profile

Maria G. September 27, 2013 at 5:01 am

Cupcakes with pecan nuts are my favorite. Not now (as my brother seems to have an allergy) but used to be in my childhood. I notice you used an apple crunchpak here. Want to figure out a bit… Can I use anything else to speed up my cooking? You see I am lover of sweet tasties but I don’t have enough time at all. And your pecan little cups taste great I believe.
Maria G. recently posted..How to make a soothing balsam for feetMy Profile