Pecan Tassies are tart-like cookies featuring the flavors and textures of pecan pie. Delicious, tender, buttery crust, crunchy pecans, and brown-sugar filling, all in one bite.
Why these Cookies are Best
Growing up there were many cookies that my family had during the holidays that we never ate the rest of the year. They were STRICTLY holiday treats.
Today’s Pecan Tassies were one of those cookies. Only we called them “nut cups.”
Delicious cream cheese cookie cups filled with a pecan pie filling and topped with powdered sugar. Much like mini pecan pies!
- Easy to follow recipe below!
- Make ahead of time since they freeze well.
- Delicious addition to cookie plates!
Tips and Tricks
- For a nuttier flavor and texture, toast pecans prior to making the filling!
- Do not overmix the cookie dough!
- I use a small cookie scoop to add the filling into the cookie cup.
- Store: Keep pecan tassies in a airtight container for up to one week at room temperature, or up to two week in refrigerator.
- Use a mini muffin pan for best results, or a small tart pan.
es! Once you have cooled your cookies completely, place in an airtight container or ziploc freezer bag. Freeze for up to two months for best results. To thaw, remove from freezer and allow to thaw at room temperature (in container).
This usually happens when there is TOO MUCH filling in the pecan tassie cookie. Don’t worry though, it still tastes good. Add a little extra sugar to the top and nobody will care what it looks like underneath!
While pecan tassies are mini pecan pies, the base is a little richer than a pie crust, with a little more chew like a cookie. You can certainly take my advice with a grain of salt, but I definitely prefer to make the cookie base recipe.
More Nutty Recipes
- One of our favorite snacks is this Maple Brown Sugar Pecans recipe. They’re sweet and salty and addictive. Perfect to add to salads or keep a big bowl for snacking.
- Whether you call these by Swedish Heirloom Cookies or by many of their other names (Snowballs, Mexican Wedding Cookies, Russian Tea Cakes), you just need to try them. The buttery almond flavor melts in your mouth!
- Nutty Caramel Snack Mix is a delicious combination of cereal, almonds and pecans all covered in a homemade caramel sauce. Baked to perfection, this crunchy, sweet and salty mix is perfect for family and friends, lunches and snacks!
- Sweet and Salty, you’ll love this Pumpkin Crunch Cake recipe any time of year. With layers of pumpkin pie, yellow cake mix, and pecans, this pumpkin dump cake is a tried and true crowd pleaser!