Pumpkin Muffins with Maple Glaze

Soft, moist Pumpkin Muffins topped with a Cinnamon Toffee Streusel and Maple Glaze. Fall has arrived!

Pumpkin Muffins topped with a Cinnamon Toffee Streusel and Maple Glaze: www.shugarysweets.com

I’m slightly excited to be sharing pumpkin recipes again on the blog. I apologize if you are like my husband and don’t care for pumpkin. In that case, go check out some Oreos, peanut butter, and cheese.

If you’re here and as excited about pumpkin as I am, then let’s talk muffins.

These are big, beautiful, easy to make PUMPKIN muffins. They are so moist you hardly even need the streusel or glaze! I actually kept the glaze in a separate pitcher to be added on an as-needed basis. A couple of my kids aren’t big frosting fans. Which is usually fine with me, because I get to eat the big piles of frosting left on their plates! But with these muffins, it’s just as easy to keep the glaze off and add when desired.

And the toffee bits, you’ll be amazed how delicious the pairing of pumpkin, toffee and maple tastes! Trust me!

These muffins are also great to keep in the freezer. I freeze them after cooling completely. After thawing the muffins, I make the fresh glaze and drizzle it on! YUM. You can also warm up the muffins too, which is wonderful!

Don’t worry, once pumpkin season is over you will be bombarded with peppermint and eggnog! Are you ready for this???

Connect with Shugary Sweets!

Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Pinterest | instagram | Bloglovin’

Pumpkin Muffins with Maple Glaze

• 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
  • 1/4 cup toffee bits
  • For the Glaze:
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 tsp maple flavoring
  • 1-2Tbsp milk

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 24 cupcake pans.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar until combined, about two minutes. Add pumpkin and eggs, beating until blended. Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves and salt. Spoon batter into cupcake tins, dividing evenly (each about 2/3 full).
  3. In a separate bowl, mix streusel ingredients together with a fork. Sprinkle over muffins evenly.
  4. Bake for 17-19 minutes. Remove and cool 10 minutes in pan. Remove from pan to a wire rack.
  5. For the glaze, whisk the powdered sugar, maple and milk together until desired consistency. ENJOY.

If freezing, do not add drizzle. Allow muffins to cool and store in an airtight freezer bag. When ready to eat, thaw and make drizzle fresh!

Pumpkin Pie Dip: easy and delicious

Pumpkin Whoopie Pies with Chocolate Cream Cheese Filling

Starbuck’s Copycat Pumpkin Scones

45 Responses to “Pumpkin Muffins with Maple Glaze”

1. posted Sep 8, 2013 at 8:18 pm

I am so excited for all things pumpkin…bring it on!!!!

• posted Sep 10, 2013 at 3:31 pm

Yes, we are very much alike in our love for pumpkin :)

2. posted Sep 8, 2013 at 9:05 pm

Ha, my husband is like that. Oh well MORE FOR ME. These are fabulous!

• posted Sep 10, 2013 at 4:24 pm

More IS better sometimes! Especially when pumpkin is involved.

3. posted Sep 8, 2013 at 9:34 pm

The more pumpkin the better and the more glaze the better if you ask me. Love the idea of adding toffee.

4. posted Sep 8, 2013 at 9:58 pm

I just discovered how amazing pumpkin and toffee are! And, I was just craving pumpkin muffins this evening and look who posts? So making these, that glaze looks beyond delicious (like eat with a spoon amazing:)

5. posted Sep 8, 2013 at 11:29 pm

I am so excited to start baking with pumpkin. I just bought four cans of pumpkin today for that very purpose. These photos and muffins look incredible. Especially that first shot with the glaze being poured – that’s money right there!

6. posted Sep 9, 2013 at 12:25 am

I’m so happy that pumpkin season is here! Honestly, though, I don’t ever use anything but canned pumpkin puree, so I pretty much eat pumpkin stuff year ’round. These look awesome, and I can’t wait to try them.

7. posted Sep 9, 2013 at 12:51 am

Oh Aimee! These look so amazing! I have yet to find a good pumpkin muffin, but I have a feeling I will be making yours really soon! And the glaze, gawking.

8. posted Sep 9, 2013 at 1:37 am

I JUST GOT DONE baking pumpkin muffins for a recipe this week. Don’t worry, nothing at all like yours :) I just keep thinking of your dip from last week. LOL

They look awesome & love the glaze!

9. posted Sep 9, 2013 at 2:26 am

I love baking with pumpkin! The only pumpkin treat I don’t enjoy is pumpkin pie. These muffins are sounding SO good to me.

10. posted Sep 9, 2013 at 9:21 am

Love new muffin recipes… will definitely try this one. Like the idea of combining pumpking and maple :)

11. posted Sep 9, 2013 at 9:46 am

I am so ready for fall! I love all the pumpkin flavored baked goods! And you can go ahead and pour that glaze right into my mouth!

12. posted Sep 9, 2013 at 9:46 am

Oh pumpkin, welcome back into my life! Love the flavor combos and the idea of keeping the glaze on the side too (especially since I’M the one who eats the extra off the plates too!)

13. posted Sep 9, 2013 at 10:21 am

That first photo makes my heart happy! Thanks for all the gorgeous pumpkin recipes!!

14. posted Sep 9, 2013 at 10:35 am

Just the glaze alone looks amazing!!!

15. posted Sep 9, 2013 at 10:44 am

If there is still glaze left over in your pitcher, please hand it to me and I will quickly drink – er, get rid of it – for you! :)

16. posted Sep 9, 2013 at 11:21 am

My bf was the same way about pumpkin…he would roll his eyes whenever it came time for Pumpkin Spice Lattes…until he tried a pumpkin pie soft serve this past Sunday! Now I keep chanting “one of us” at him lol. 😉 I bet he’d dig these pumpkin muffins with that kick-butt streusel!

17. posted Sep 9, 2013 at 12:27 pm

GAH! The streusel… the GLAZE! The pumpkin-y goodness! I’m in heaaaaaven

18. posted Sep 9, 2013 at 3:07 pm

Can I drink that glaze with a straw? These look wonderful!

19. posted Sep 9, 2013 at 4:57 pm

Please pass the maple glaze!! That sounds incredible :)

20. posted Sep 9, 2013 at 5:24 pm

You mean I can eat toffee for breakfast?! Sign me up! And I love that they freeze well. It’s so nice to be able to pull some muffins out of the freezer to make a weekday breakfast just a little more special.

Thanks so much for sharing this recipe. These look fantastic and I can’t wait to try them out.

21. posted Sep 9, 2013 at 8:36 pm

I know it’s early, but I’m beyond thrilled to be seeing pumpkin recipes all over the place. These muffins look so delicious, especially with that streusel and glaze! Maple, toffee, and pumpkin sound like heaven!

22. posted Sep 9, 2013 at 11:32 pm

I’m totally ready for all things pumpkin. BRING IT! :-)

23. posted Sep 10, 2013 at 7:57 am

Oh my goodness! These muffins look fabulous.
    I love that maple glaze! Can I drink it? I’m an absolute maple freak, haha.
    Pinning these! :)

24. posted Sep 10, 2013 at 4:57 pm

Loving that maple glaze! And toffee chips in the streusel?! Amazing!

25. posted Sep 11, 2013 at 7:13 pm

Oh my goodness! That maple glaze is KILLING me!! What perfect muffins Aimee!

26. posted Sep 12, 2013 at 10:50 pm

The glaze makes this so much more special! I love the sound of these muffins and wish I has one now :)

27. posted Sep 12, 2013 at 11:49 pm

If it’s wrong to want to bathe in that glaze, I don’t want to be right.

28. posted Sep 16, 2013 at 12:00 am

Love, love, love the toffee bits in the streusel!! These sound so tasty – will be making these soon!

29. posted Sep 16, 2013 at 9:50 am

You took pumpkin muffins to a whole new level!

30. posted Sep 16, 2013 at 2:51 pm

What is up with our husbands? Mine doesn’t like pumpkin recipes either..craziness! I’m so ready for pumpkin recipes and these looks amazing!

31. Alli
    posted Sep 19, 2013 at 7:13 am

Things are finally starting to cool down around here and feel like fall might actually be coming, so I’m buying my first cans of pumpkin today to get started with baking and decorating and all that good stuff! Found you on Pinterest when a friend pinned your pumpkin coffee creamer….immediately entered the giveaway & now starting to browse all your other recipes. I have a feeling the hubby and I will be putting on some pounds once I start trying them out….

32. Lindsey
    posted Sep 22, 2013 at 4:58 pm

Where would I find the maple flavoring in the store?

• posted Sep 23, 2013 at 7:37 am

Same section as vanilla extract and almond flavoring! Enjoy!

33. posted Sep 22, 2013 at 5:46 pm

Oh man i have been wanting pumpkin muffin for a while. These look amazing! Want to come over and make me some.

34. Trish Butler
    posted Sep 23, 2013 at 1:05 pm

I love Autumn and Winter the most as I have lived in LA and Orange County Calif. all my life and am tired of perfect weather all the time. Nothing says Autumn and Winter like pumpkin and I know somewhere it is cool and breezy.. I used to grow pumpkins, now I put up a 100 lbs of pumpkin a year. Always looking for new recipes for it. Can’t wait to make this one. Thank you so much.

35. posted Oct 25, 2013 at 11:09 pm

This sounds yummy! I love pumpkin too!

36. posted Nov 5, 2013 at 3:56 pm

Why can’t I print out a copy of the Pumpkin muffins with Maple glaze? I wanted to make them for my lil granddaughter who lives 150 miles from me, on my next visit. They do not have a computer there.

37. Dawn
    posted Nov 11, 2013 at 7:47 am

Hi !
    On your pumpkin muffin recipe, it calls for a canned pumpkin puree ? I have fresh pumpkin puree, will that work the same or do I need to had more sweetener? Thanks!

• posted Nov 12, 2013 at 7:51 am

Canned pumpkin isn’t sweetened, so fresh should work. I’ve never used it though, my only concern would be the amount of liquid. ENJOY.

38. Pingback: Pinterest Inspired: Pumpkin Muffin Recipes - Mom Fuse

39. Pingback: Skinny Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins - Shugary Sweets

40. Pingback: Community Post: 101 Pumpkin Recipes From Drinks To Dessert | Health Awareness Review

41. Pingback: Community Post: 101 Pumpkin Recipes From Drinks To Dessert | Viral KittyCat