Oreo Ice Cream Cake

by aimee @ shugarysweets on November 7, 2013

Layers of Cookies ‘n Cream ice cream, Oreos and vanilla ice cream sandwiches make the perfect dessert any time of year!

Cookies 'n Cream Ice Cream Cake: super easy and versatile recipe, perfect any time of year!

I know many people think ice cream is a summer dessert only. However, in our house, we eat ice cream for dessert several times a week.

And when there is a special occasion or a birthday, I love putting together a quick and delicious treat!

Enter….the Oreo Ice Cream cake.

This treat seriously takes minutes to assemble. And it stays well in the freezer until you are ready to serve. While summer is definitely over, and the cooler weather is upon us, try making this treat using seasonal ice creams.

Pumpkin Ice cream would taste OUT OF THIS WORLD. And Peppermint ice cream with the hot fudge sauce and ice cream sandwiches…one of our favorite Christmas desserts. Sprinkle on some extra crushed candy canes and you’ll be the hit of the holidays!

Want the recipe? I’m posting over on Food Fanatic today.

Sue - My Cooking Pots November 7, 2013 at 12:16 pm

This ice cream cake looks delicious. It would be a fab birthday cake. Who doesn’t like ice cream and oreos great combination!!! We eat ice cream all round too! Any day a good day for it!

aimee @ shugarysweets November 8, 2013 at 8:42 am

Agreed! Ice cream year round is the way to go :)
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Oreo Ice Cream CakeMy Profile

Emily @ Life on Food November 7, 2013 at 12:35 pm

What a fun quick cake!!! I eat ice cream all year round. In fact I think we go out for ice cream more in the winter than in the summer.
Emily @ Life on Food recently posted..cinnamon oat streusel pumpkin muffinsMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets November 8, 2013 at 8:43 am

That is funny, especially since we probably do too!!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Oreo Ice Cream CakeMy Profile

Eva @ Eva Bakes November 7, 2013 at 2:27 pm

Ice cream is a year-round thing, for sure. In my house, it sometimes acts as a meal too…! ;)
Eva @ Eva Bakes recently posted..Chocolate caramel sea salt cakeMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets November 8, 2013 at 8:43 am

I want to live at your house. Ice cream…a meal? YES!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Oreo Ice Cream CakeMy Profile

Megan - The Emotional Baker November 7, 2013 at 3:16 pm

Wow! This sounds amazing. Going to see the recipe now :)
Megan – The Emotional Baker recently posted..Pumpkin Ice CreamMy Profile

Mary. November 7, 2013 at 3:26 pm

This might be a variation, of that “Zebra cake” recipe, (everyone is talking about) it uses those thin, flat, round, Larger, chocolate “wafers” that are scarce, and possibly hard to find.

Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction November 7, 2013 at 4:07 pm

Love the idea of using peppermint ice cream in this cake! So good!
Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction recently posted..Cinnamon Maple MuffinsMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets November 8, 2013 at 8:44 am

I’ll take peppermint ice cream any way I can get it!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Oreo Ice Cream CakeMy Profile

Lindsay @ Life, Love and Sugar November 7, 2013 at 5:13 pm

We eat ice cream all year long too – definitely a year round food! This cake looks awesome and so easy! I love that you can switch it up so easily :)
Lindsay @ Life, Love and Sugar recently posted..Caramel Macchiato Chocolate Nutella CupcakesMy Profile

Laura @ Lauras Baking Talent November 7, 2013 at 6:56 pm

Wow this looks great! I will take ice cream no matter what season it is :)
Laura @ Lauras Baking Talent recently posted..Chocolate Cherry Ganache PieMy Profile

Melanie @ Carmel Moments November 7, 2013 at 7:45 pm

Those layers look perfect. I’m sure my kids would devour it!

aimee @ shugarysweets November 8, 2013 at 8:44 am

Thanks Melanie, enjoy!! Try to save yourself a piece too :)
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Oreo Ice Cream CakeMy Profile

Anna (Hidden Ponies) November 8, 2013 at 12:12 am

I cannot get enough Oreos in my life. This looks amazing – off to get the recipe :)
Anna (Hidden Ponies) recently posted..Cinnamon Roll MuffinsMy Profile

Tahnycooks November 8, 2013 at 6:27 am

My older sons’ favorite flavor is cookies and cream! I have to make this for him ASAP! Looks fabulous!
Tahnycooks recently posted..Peace vs FearMy Profile

Kayle (The Cooking Actress) November 8, 2013 at 8:41 am

WHOA. just….WHOOOOAAAAAA!!
Kayle (The Cooking Actress) recently posted..Crock Pot Roasted Garlic Mashed PotatoesMy Profile

Mary Frances @ The Sweet {Tooth} Life November 8, 2013 at 9:52 am

Ice cream never goes out of season. Neither does Oreos:) This combo looks so good, even though its 40 degrees outside! What an impressive dessert; love how easy it is!

DessertForTwo November 8, 2013 at 11:33 am

My husband eats ice cream year round, too! I always think he’s crazy, but then when peppermint ice cream comes out in November, I’m in too!
DessertForTwo recently posted..Black Pepper Scones with Maple GlazeMy Profile

Rani November 8, 2013 at 12:02 pm

This looks amazing! If you used pumpkin ice cream would you still use the ice cream sandwiches and the fudge/oreo’s?? Could you swap it for ginger snaps and caramel maybe??

Anna@CrunchyCreamySweet November 8, 2013 at 12:06 pm

Who could resist this fabulous cake? Not me for sure!
Anna@CrunchyCreamySweet recently posted..Blender Apple Bread RecipeMy Profile

Monica November 9, 2013 at 8:49 pm

I totally agree – ice cream all year round, please! And I also love making it for birthdays and any family gathering because it’s sure to please everyone. My son loves oreos and cookies & cream ice cream so I’m very interested in this. : )
Monica recently posted..English muffin loaf bread (it’s so easy!)My Profile

Julie @ Table for Two November 9, 2013 at 9:29 pm

This looks soo up my alley! I LOVE cookies and cream ice cream and this oreo ice cream cake is the perfect dessert! Someone should make this for my birthday! Haha :)
Julie @ Table for Two recently posted..Roasted Garlic Brussels SproutsMy Profile

Canes November 13, 2013 at 4:37 pm

Well, my treadmill could use some mileage after this delectable dessert.

Nutmeg Nanny November 15, 2013 at 9:21 pm

Wow, this stopped me in my tracks :) this looks very indulgent and I am loving it!
Nutmeg Nanny recently posted..Shiitake Mushroom and Kale RamenMy Profile

Ice Cream Magic December 9, 2013 at 10:59 am

This Oreo ice cream cake seems like a great treat for a birthday party. Good post.

vickieSweeting January 15, 2014 at 3:05 pm

Looks Delish!

ball February 4, 2014 at 3:56 am
Anonymous September 25, 2014 at 12:26 pm

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ~Tessa