Say hello to BBQ Chicken Pizza Soup. This hearty soup recipe is ready to eat in just 30 minutes. Ladle into bowls and serve with homemade pizza crust dippers for a comforting meal the whole family loves.
Bored with the same old soup recipes? Switch it up with this Bacon Cheeseburger Soup or a pot of Chicken Taco Soup this week!
Why this Recipe Works
I’ve used pie crust with previous soup recipes (remember this Chicken Pot Pie Soup and this Beef Pot Pie Soup), and it always turns out fantastic. So why not try pizza crust?
The result was simply delicious.
- Feeds a crowd. This recipe made enough soup to for my family of 6 hungry eaters. We even had some leftover for the next day.
- One step soup. Just put everything in a pot and simmer!
- Tastes like BBQ pizza. This has all the flavors of a chicken barbecue (Nashville style) pizza but easier to make.
- 30 minute recipe. While the soup is simmering, bake up the pizza dippers. Everything will be ready to serve at the same time.
Chicken breasts. This is a perfect use for any leftover cooked chicken.
BBQ sauce. Use your favorite sauce, store bought or homemade.
Pizza crust mix. I used Betty Crocker mix for the pizza crust dippers.
How to make the soup:
Place all the ingredients for the soup in a large soup pot. Bring to a simmer and cook for 25 minutes. Stir occasionally.
How to make the pizza crust dippers:
Combine the pizza crust mix with water to form a dough. Press the dough onto a pizza stone. Stretch it until it’s about 12 inches around.
Drizzle the pizza crust with olive oil, garlic salt and Italian seasonings. Bake for about 15 minutes.
Remove and slice into bite sized pieces.
Serve BBQ Chicken Pizza Soup in a bowls with pizza dippers on the side. Garnish with shredded mozzarella and snipped fresh cilantro.
Tips & Tricks
- Use rotisserie chicken. Grab a cooked chicken from the grocery store to make this soup recipe even easier. Or use our shredded chicken recipe!
- Storing soup. Transfer leftover soup to an airtight container. Store refrigerated and enjoy reheated within 3 days.
- Storing pizza crust dippers. Wrap in foil or plastic wrap. Store at room temperature and enjoy within 2 days. I like reheating them in the toaster oven before serving.
- Other dipping ideas. This soup would also be delicious with Garlic Breadsticks for dipping. Or try this Cheesy Garlic Bread.
Yes, BBQ Chicken Pizza Soup freezes beautifully. Transfer to a freezer safe container and store in the freezer for up to 3 months. Freeze before adding cheese for best results.
Boneless skinless chicken thighs are also delicious in this soup. Make sure to cook and shred the meat before adding to the soup.
If you don’t have a pizza pan, press the dough into a rectangular on a regular cookie sheet. No pizza pan required!
More Soup Recipes
- Bacon Cheeseburger Soup: this seriously tastes like the best cheeseburger ever…on a spoon!
- Italian Sausage Tortellini Soup: a hearty soup with TONS of flavor!
- Enchilada Soup
- Southwest Chicken Chowder
- Lasagna Soup
Craving pizza and love BBQ chicken? Warm up with a comforting bowl of BBQ Chicken Pizza soup!
Love this, great idea!!!
I heart 30 minutes meals. They just are the easiest and after the busy days of being a mother, taxi driver, laundry mat and everything else, I need 30 minute dinners. 🙂 This soup sounds delicious. It just needs to cool down more here in southern cali so I can make this. Come on cool weather. Pinned Aimee. 🙂
I’ll send you some of the snow we are expected to get this week. Would that help? hehe!!
Please do! I’d love some snow. We barley get rain here. I think the coldest it gets is 50’s during the day. I need to take a vacay somewhere it snows. I know it gets tiresome, but I love to snuggle with coffee and a girly movie. 🙂
Would you believe me if I said BBQ Chicken Pizza is one of my favorites?! I really really is! Now I have to make this soup because….. well because it looks amazing!!!
I totally believe you! Would you believe me if I said you are going to LOVE this soup??
We make a quick and easy pizza soup too, but I never thought about changing out the meat! I will have to definitely try this next time we make it. And of course the pizza dippers are a must! Love those!!!
Love the pizza crust dippers! Such a great weeknight meal!
Well…it’s official. YOU are a genius. This looks so delicious 🙂
I’ve waited my whole life for others to say that to me 😉 haha!!!
You can never go wrong with soup. Especially one that is ready in 30 minutes. Pinning!
Thanks for pinning Jen!
BBQ chicken pizza in soup form??? YES, PLEASE!!!
Well, if I must share 🙂
omg I could eat four bowls of this… comfort food in a bowl!
Only 4 bowls? 😉
I am always trying to figure out how to stretch one meal into two! When we have leftovers we do the same thing, we try to throw it into a soup or over pasta! This soup screams comfort food!
Awesome idea for a soup! I love BBQ Chicken Pizza!
Loving this idea! This soup needs to happen!
You’ve managed to take three cravings and combine them into one healthy meal! Good on you!
Love this so much, especially with those dippers. Perfect weeknight meal.
Thanks Matt, those dippers were like the icing on the cake 🙂
You turned my favorite pizza into a soup?! I love it! We’ve got snow in this week’s forecast and I’m thinking I need to make this to get us through it!
Yeah, it’s supposed to snow tomorrow. I’m not ready!!! Thanks for pinning Amanda!
We order way too much pizza during busy winter evenings. This looks like a filling and delicious alternative! Pinned!