BBQ Chicken Pizza Soup
I love dinner recipes that come together in 30 minutes. Say hello to BBQ Chicken Pizza Soup. We made some Pizza Crust dippers to go with this delicious, hearty soup too!
Be sure to sign up for my email…new recipes in your inbox
My original intention this evening was to make a BBQ Chicken Pizza. I had found a package of Pizza Crust mix in my pantry, and I happened to have everything I needed to make some delicious pizza.
Except, I have a family of 6 VERY HUNGRY eaters, and one package of pizza crust mix would not be enough. (it’s only enough for a 12inch pizza)
That’s when this soup idea was created. I’ve used pie crust with previous soup recipes (remember this Chicken Pot Pie Soup and this Beef Pot Pie Soup), and it always turns out fantastic. So why not try pizza crust?
Plus, has anyone else noticed the price of groceries is still going up? We spend a lot of money on groceries. #firstworldproblems
I love finding ways to make a recipe stretch a little further, yet still be delicious and hearty.
You guys. This soup. It fits the bill in so many ways. And did you read above…ready in 30 minutes!! While the soup simmers on the stove top, you can get to work making the easy pizza crust! I used a pouch of Betty Crocker Pizza Crust mix and 1/2 cup water. Combine until it forms a dough, then using the palm of your hand, press it onto a 15 inch round pizza pan (you’ll want the dough to be about 12 inches around). You can also use a package of Pillsbury refrigerated pizza dough (it will roll out into a rectangle, that works too).
Once you’ve got your dough pressed, drizzle some olive oil on top and add your seasonings. Bake and cut into bites!
This soup is going to be a go-to recipe on those hectic weeknights this winter!
Connect with Shugary Sweets! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Dinner in 30 minutes with this easy BBQ Chicken Pizza Soup!
For the Soup:
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (about 3 cup)
- 1 can (15.25oz) sweet corn, drained
- 1 can (14.5oz) diced tomatoes
- 2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2/3 cup BBQ sauce (use your favorite variety)
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, snipped
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, snipped, for garnish
For the Pizza Crust dippers:
- 1 package (6.5oz) Betty Crocker Pizza Crust mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- For the soup, add chicken, corn, tomatoes, broth, salt, pepper, bbq sauce, red onion and 1/4 cup snipped cilantro to a large soup pot. Cover and simmer on medium-low heat for about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While soup is cooking, combine pizza crust mix with 1/2 cup water in a bowl. Using a wooden spoon, stir until combined. Dough will be sticky. Press with the palm of your hand onto a large round pizza stone (until it's about 12inch around). Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic salt and Italian seasoning. Bake in a 450 degree oven for about 15 minutes. Remove and cut into bite sized pieces.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle mozzarella cheese and snipped cilantro on soup. Add pizza crust dippers and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 486 Total Fat: 16g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 50mg Sodium: 1865mg Carbohydrates: 61g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 14g Protein: 24g
LOVE Soup? Here are a few of my favorites:
Beef Pot Pie Soup: a hearty stew with pie crust topping!
Bacon Cheeseburger Soup: this seriously tastes like the best cheeseburger ever…on a spoon!
Italian Sausage Tortellini Soup: a hearty soup with TONS of flavor!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**