Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
Looking for a dinner idea that’s a little different but still delicious? Bacon Cheeseburger Soup is made in 30 minutes, and will be loved by kids and adults!
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest!
Dinnertime can be hard. And crazy. And chaotic.
Or at least that’s what it’s like at my house!
When my kids were little I used to dream of the day they were older and all the “free time” I would have to get a gourmet dinner on the table for my family.
I’m still dreaming.
With four active kids, there is always someone coming and another going. However, most nights I do try to have dinner on the table for whoever is home. We sit down as a family, even if we might be missing one or two that evening.
Soup is a great option for our busy family because heating it up for the “late arrivals” is a cinch!
I’ve seen Cheeseburger soup all over pinterest…but of all the recipes I see they have potatoes in them.
I’m sorry guys, but I don’t put potatoes on my burger.
Today’s cheeseburger soup recipe has all the makings of a great burger:
- ground beef
How to make Bacon Cheeseburger Soup:
- To prepare this mouthwatering meal, I started by frying up some bacon in a large soup pot. Cut your bacon into small pieces beforehand and it will only take a couple minutes to fry it up crispy. Remove the bacon from the pot and place it on a paper towel lined plate to drain. Drain your grease from your pot too before continuing.
- Add your ground beef to the pot, cooking until it is no longer red. Drain meat (and pot). I even gave my pot a quick rinse to get the excess grease out.
- Over medium-low heat, add the bacon and beef back to the pot (you can reserve a little of the bacon for garnish if desired). Add the tomatoes, mustard, pickles, beef broth, milk, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While this is simmering, I bake up my diced hamburger buns. They take about 8-10 minutes to brown in the oven.
- Add your cream and cheese to your soup, heat until it’s warm (about 2-3 minutes). Serve with your toasted buns and garnish if desired. ENJOY!!
This TRULY tastes like you are eating a bacon cheeseburger!
If you love today’s cheeseburger soup recipe, here are a few other soups you may enjoy:
- Love pot pie? This Beef Pot Pie Soup is a take off your favorite comfort food, complete with the pie crust topping!
- Ditch the cans and make your own Roasted Tomato Soup from scratch. I’ve got all the tips on how to use fresh tomatoes in your soup!
- Comfort food. That’s exactly what this One Pot Chili Mac is all about! Delicious, easy, and perfect for busy weeknights!
- This Instant Pot Chicken Taco Soup from Wine and Glue is your very favorite slow cooker taco soup, but made in the pressure cooker!
- Loaded Baked Potato Soup Recipe for the Crock Pot Slow Cooker is the best way to make simple creamy potato soup, and with no milk or cream! Thank you Mama Loves Food for this delicious dinner!
Looking for more meals under 30 minutes? Here are a few favorites….
Cajun Chicken Pasta: one of husband’s favorite dinners!!
Parmesan Crusted Tilapia: forget the frozen fish and make a meal your family with love!
Saucy Cheesesteak Hoagies: easy meal using deli roast beef! Dinner’s got nothing on you.
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Connect with Shugary Sweets!
Bacon Cheeseburger Soup recipe:
- 6 slices (1/2 lb) bacon, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1lb ground beef
- 1 can (14.5oz) diced tomatoes
- 2 tsp yellow mustard
- 4 dill pickle spears, diced (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded colby-jack cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, cut into bite sized pieces
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large soup pot over medium high heat, saute bacon pieces until browned (I like it crispy, it takes about 4-5 minutes). Remove bacon and place on a paper towel lined plate to drain. Drain grease out of pot.
- To the pot, add the ground beef and cook until browned. Drain and return beef and bacon to pot. (make sure all the grease is out of the pot).
- Add tomatoes (with juice from can), mustard, pickles, beef broth, milk, red pepper, salt and pepper. Simmer over medium-low heat for about ten minutes, stirring occasionally. While this is simmering, place hamburger bun pieces on a baking sheet and bake for about 8-10 minutes.
- To the soup, add heavy cream and cheese. Heat for about 2-3 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Serve in soup bowls with hamburger bun croutons!
*Today’s recipe for Bacon Cheeseburger Soup was originally published on Shugary Sweets on September 25, 2014 and has been republished in May 2018.
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**