The classic blueberry dessert gets a zesty lime twist! Our Blueberry Crumble recipe has a crunchy layer of sugar and oats that is perfect served warm with homemade whipped cream or vanilla ice cream for the complete experience!
Sometimes the simplest desserts are the ones you crave the most. I can’t get enough of our favorite apple crumble. And of course this delicious peach crumble is always a hit.
Table of Contents
Why this Recipe is Best
For today’s crumble, I paired the fresh blueberries with some lime zest, and I’m so glad I did! The citrus just pops without being overpowering.
- Made with REAL blueberries. You can’t beat the fresh juicy flavor.
- You only need EIGHT ingredients. And they’re all easy to find at any grocery store.
- Quick and easy prep. It takes 15 minutes to toss this Blueberry Lime Crumble recipe together. Dessert will be ready in under an hour.
- Delicious with Vanilla Ice Cream or Homemade Whipped Cream.
And of course, what’s a crumble without the thick crumb layer?
Love blueberry treats? Our blueberry buckle is perfect for breakfast or dessert!
- Blueberries. The fresher the better! Frozen berries would work too.
- Lime zest. Remove the zest from your lime with a zesting tool or microplane grater. Use our guide on how to zest a lemon for best tips and tricks.
- Quick oats. Make sure to use quick cooking oats, not rolled oats or steel cut.
The best thing about blueberry lime crumble, besides the taste, is how EASY it is to make!
- Combine fruit- Toss your blueberries with flour, lime zest and sugar. Then add the berries to the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Make Crumble. Combine the crumble topping ingredients. Sprinkle over the blueberries.
- Bake. Bake until bubbly and browned.
That’s it. After a few minutes to let the crumble cool, top with whipped cream or ice cream and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
- If using frozen blueberries, let them thaw completely before adding to the recipe.
- Try this recipe with blackberries or raspberries for a different berry-lime flavor.
- Add the ice cream or whipped cream topping to individual portions just before serving. The cold cream will melt into the warm crumble as you eat. It’s out-of-this-world delicious!
- I love Blueberry Crumble best served warm. It’s also tasty served at room temperature or chilled if preferred.
- Try our blueberry sweet rolls next for a gooey warm breakfast treat.
Cover leftovers with foil or transfer to an airtight container. Refrigerate and enjoy leftovers within 3 days for best taste.
You can absolutely make this recipe with lemon zest instead of lime. The flavor will be a bit different but lemon and blueberry always pair well together!
Yes, salted butter will work just fine! I just prefer unsalted because the flavor is more consistent across brands. Different brands of salted butter contain different quantities of salt, which could affect the taste of your crumble a bit.
More Easy Dessert Recipes
What’s better than blueberry crumble? Blueberry Crumble with a hint of lime flavor. Don’t forget that extra dollop of whipped cream on top!
This looks wonderful! I grew up eating cool whip, too. It was the only kind of ‘whipped cream’ we ever had 🙂
Loved this. Not too sweet, tricked myself into thinking it was healthy, as I ate another bowl. Next time, I’m doubling the recipe. Thank you.
It’s not healthy? hehe, kidding! Glad you loved it 🙂
Just looking at this crumble, my mouth is watering!!
YESSS. Looks soo fruity, crumbly and delicious! I might have to sub the whipped cream with ICE CREAM, it is summer after all 😉 LOVE this
Love this blueberry lime crumble! The lime is so unexpected and who can resist a thick crumbly topping, not me! Homemade whipped cream or ice cream on top, yes please!
Thanks Danae, the lime really does give it a fresh twist of flavor!
You had me at thick crumb. Oh my, this looks amazing!
Is there any other kind? hehe!!
I love summer crumbles! Great idea to pair blueberries with lime!
Thanks Jessica 🙂
This treat is the definition of summer! In love!
Anything with lime and I am totally sold! Add the crust, and wow. I could eat crumbly crust all day for every meal. No problem!
That looks so good!
I LOVE any kind of crumble and the homemade whipped cream is a MUST!
I agree Nancy. The whipped cream just adds the perfect touch of sweetness 🙂
I love a good crumble and this recipe looks absolutely wonderful! I’m a big fan of lime!
I love all the crumble! And I bet that pop of lime is delicious!
I just looked at 5# of frozen blueberries in my freezer and said, “Pie or a crisp???” Thanks, Amy!
You’re quite welcome! ENJOY Nan!
I like my crisps and crumbles with EXTRA crumble and this fits the bill beautifully! Yum!
Ooh, this is nice! Just made it with a package of blueberries that had to be used up today. Delightful!
I am the same way, that crunch would make every bite pure heaven. Love this!
Fruit crumbles are my favorite!!
Fruit crisps, cobblers and pies are my favorite summer desserts! I love the blueberry-lime combination here — sounds delicious!
I love these types of desserts in the summer too! Fresh berries are the best 🙂
Berry crisps just scream summertime!! Love this one & pinned!
I agree completely! Thanks for pinning Averie!