Cranberry Apple Muffins
Perfectly moist and flavorful Cranberry Apple Muffins. Topped with a buttery streusel, these are great for breakfast, or store them in the freezer for later!!
Be sure to sign up for my free email subscription…new recipes in your inbox
**I am part of the Ambassador program with Crunch Pak apples. While I have been compensated for this recipe, all opinions are 100% my own**
Today is my birthday. I turned 42. Is that old? I don’t even know anymore.
When I was 20, my mom turned 40 and I thought she was over the hill (sorry mom!). But of course, once I hit 40, I didn’t think it was that old. I guess it’s all relative right?
Here are a few things I’ve learned in my wise years of living on this earth.
- Kids grow up fast. While it seems like 18 years is a LONG time to raise a child, and when they are 2 yrs old throwing tantrums, I know I personally looked forward to the “next phase.” But, as a wise person, ENJOY the phase they are in. Seriously. Because 18 years goes fast. I still feel young at heart…even though my wrinkles tell another story.
- Speaking of wrinkles…use sunscreen and moisturizer daily. No seriously. When I was 16 I thought I had my “adult” years to worry about wrinkles and ages spots. But it’s those younger years when I damaged my skin the most. Frying my skin so I would be tan going back to school. Bleaching my hair with “sun in” (anyone remember this lemon stuff??) in hoping to be blonde. Take care of your skin and hair NOW…
- Exercise. I’ve been blessed with some good genes in my 20’s and 30’s that left me being able to eat what I want with minimal exercise. But the day I turned 40, my metabolism said “no more free rides.” Since I love eating indulgent food, I have had to counter this with lots of exercise. I spent about a year in denial, hoping this was some cosmic mistake, not wanting to go to a gym. But, now I’m back on the wagon, so to speak. Hitting the gym with weights a couple times of week. This is a must for me, and I wish I had been doing this regularly, but it’s never too late to start!!
- Food. Oh how I love food. And if you read my blog, or browse my recipes, you may see a lot of sweets. But it’s not the sweets that tempts me (well, unless it’s a plate of rice krispie treats). It’s a bag of chips. Doritos? Game over. BBQ chips? Pass the bag over and don’t think I’m gonna share. Thankfully, since I have begun exercising again, I’m able to continue indulging occasionally in those salty “treats.” Everything in moderation, right?
- Live life in the moment. Don’t put off what you could be enjoying today! This is one I struggle with often. As a working from home mom, especially in the summer, life is about balance. I put my family first. And thankfully, since I am my own boss, nobody yells at me if I only post twice a week instead of three times. Or if I completely skip getting on the computer one day because I’ve sat at the pool with my kids and read a book all day. I don’t ever want to regret not being present for my kids!
- Sleep ya’ll. It’s a must. And this girl needs a minimum of 8 hours. #truth
- Coffee. Another must in my life! A good cup of coffee in the morning, sitting outside on my patio, watching the birds in my yard. It’s why I appear to be a senior citizen!
Part of enjoying that cup of coffee is also enjoying a sweet treat with my breakfast. I know many people love to start their day with a healthy bowl of oatmeal. But that’s not me. I get my sweet tooth craving done in the morning. Then I have all day to fit in that exercise and healthy eating to compensate!
Today’s muffins are amazing. The base is a sweet, moist muffin with a great crumb and texture. I added in some fresh diced Crunch Pak apples and some frozen cranberries. The topping is a buttery streusel that adds a delicious crunch with every bite! For today’s recipe, Crunch Pak sent me some of their new sliced apples (in a bag) that were already peeled. SCORE!! Normally I would use the Crunch Pak mixed Apple Slices (in the blue bag). I find these at Target!
The recipe makes 24 muffins. Perfect for freezing or sharing with friends and family! ENJOY!
Be sure to stop on over to Crunch Pak for some delicious recipes and ideas!
Sign Up to receive a FREE email in your inbox for each new recipe on Shugary Sweets:
For the muffins:
For the streusel:
If you love today’s muffin recipe…here are some more great uses of Crunch Pak Apples:
Apple Cheesecake Napoleons: easy dessert idea that is sure to impress family and friends!! A great alternative to making a pie!
Apple Shortbread Bars: hands down these delicious cookie bars are one of my favorite treats!!
Apple Crumble: a classic dessert topped with ice cream. It doesn’t get much better than this!!
Apple Blondies: looking for something different, yet amazing? These blondies are chewy, sweet, and topped with frosting. OMG YUM!!
If you love today’s recipe, here are some great apple treats from my friends:
- Easy Apple Cake from Love Bakes Good Cakes
- Apple Crumb Slab Pie from Baked by Rachel
- Apple Pie Cannoli from Diethood
- Apple Pie Cheesecake Parfaits from Inside BruCrew Life
**Today’s recipe is sponsored by Crunch Pak apples. While I have been compensated to be a part of their Blogger Ambassador program, all opinions are 100% my own**
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**