Apple Shortbread Bars
Don’t let these simple Apple Shortbread Bars fool you! While they are “just a bar” they are quite possibly the most amazing dessert ever!
Love this recipe? Sign up for Shugary Sweets email subscription and never miss out again! As a special thank you, you will also get a FREE ebook with my 10 Best Recipes!
**I am part of the Ambassador program with Crunch Pak apples. While I have been compensated for this recipe, all opinions are 100% my own**
I have a feeling you guys are going to roll your eyes when I tell you these bars are in my top 10 favorite dessert recipes EVER made.
I know, I say it all the time!
“this is my favorite” “I love these more than anything”
But this time, haha, it’s so true. They start with an easy shortbread crust. Then you top with a delicious cinnamon apple mixture. Bake to perfection and add the cinnamon glaze.
I found these taste best COLD. Which is odd for me, since I LOVE warm apple pie and warm apple crumbles! But, having made these a couple times, I can tell you for sure, try them cold.
I love using Crunch Pak apples in my baking! You may only be familiar with their snack size bags, but you can also purchase the larger bags of sliced apples. Perfect for baking. Or making a big platter of Apple Nachos. And they won’t go brown! I have also recently discovered that my Costco sells the Organic Crunch Pak apple slices. SCORE!
But, back to these bars…will you please trust me and give them a go?
Be sure to stop on over to Crunch Pak for some delicious recipes and ideas!
Sign Up to receive a FREE email in your inbox for each new recipe on Shugary Sweets:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup Crunch Pak apple slices, peeled and diced
- ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup quick cook oats
- 1 ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp milk
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and powdered sugar. Add 2 cup flour, salt and vanilla until combined. Press into a 13×9 baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, using your hands, combine brown sugar, 2Tbsp flour, 2 Tbsp butter, cinnamon and oats. Mix until coarse crumbles. Add diced apples (you want to make sure your apples are diced very very small. Sprinkle mixture over top of crust. Bake for about 25 minutes (crust may appear to be under cooked, that’s okay).
- Cool on counter, then move to refrigerator for at least 2 hours until chilled.
- Cut bars into squares (or triangles). In a small bowl, whisk the glaze ingredients together until smooth. Drizzle over cut bars. Glaze will harden slightly in fridge. Enjoy!
- Keep bars covered loosely in refrigerator for up to 5 days.
**Today’s recipe is sponsored by Crunch Pak apples. While I have been compensated to be a part of their Blogger Ambassador program, all opinions are 100% my own**
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**