Chocolate Chip Walnut Bars
Chocolate Chip Walnut Bars: these little shortbread cookie sticks are delicious. You may need to make TWO batches!
***This post is sponsored by Fisher Nuts. I am excited to be a partner in creating delicious recipes, all opinions are 100% my own***
Be sure to sign up for my email…new recipes in your inbox!
I’m obsessed with shortbread cookies. I love the way they melt in your mouth, all buttery and flavorful. On our recent trip to Hawaii we stopped at a Honolulu Cookie Company and tried many samples of their cookies. I was obsessed with the pineapple shaped chocolate chip shortbread cookies.
So much so, that my husband picked us up a carton to enjoy on our LONG 9 hour plane ride home. I’m pretty sure they were devoured before the plane even took off.
I’ve made many shortbread cookies here on the blog, but it’s the ones that are in cookie “sticks” that are my favorite. It’s so easy to make, just use the heel of your hand to press the dough into a large rectangle shape. As soon as the cookies come out of the oven, use a pizza cutter and slice them immediately. Allow the to cool and enjoy!
For today’s recipe, I wanted to recreate those chocolate chip shortbread cookies from Hawaii. And, since I love nuts in my baked goods, I added in some Fisher Walnuts. I chopped them fairly small so the pieces were about the same size as the mini chocolate chips. Best decision ever.
The nuttiness from the walnuts paired with the buttery cookie and the sweet chocolate made a delicious combo! Perfect dunked into a hot cup of coffee. Just be careful. These soften quickly when dunked, so just a quick “dip” is all they need!
Adding nuts to my recipes, whether they are sweet or savory, only enhances them in my opinion. The deep nutty taste it gives to baked goods is my favorite way to kick up the flavor! Are you a nuts in or out kind of person??
Connect with Fisher Nuts:
Delicious Chocolate Chip Walnut Shortbread Bars
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Fisher Chopped Walnuts, chopped into tiny pieces
- Line a 15x10-inch baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degree.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter with powdered sugar, vanilla and almond extract until creamy. Add in flour and beat until combined. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Drop dough into center of baking sheet, and using the heels of your hand, press dough into a large rectangle. You want the dough to be the same thickness throughout, so keep pressing until you have a rectangle about 12x10-inches and about 1/4-inch thick.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until edges begin to lightly brown. Remove from oven and immediately cut into strips using a pizza cutter. Cool completely and store in an airtight container for up to 5 days. ENJOY.
Serving Size:1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 144 Total Fat: 10g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 16mg Sodium: 2mg Carbohydrates: 14g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 7g Protein: 2g
More nuts in my cookies:
Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Bars: pecans in the crust and the cookie layer add a depth of nutty flavor to these bars!
Frosted Chocolate Nut Bars: adding nuts is always a win in my book. Plus frosting on cookies, yes please!
Caramel Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies: chewy and delicious!
Here are some delicious “nutty” recipes from my friends:
- Banana Walnut Cake from A Cowboys Wife
- Berry Crumble Bars from Averie Cooks
- Mini Caramel Pecan Tarts from My Baking Addiction
- Chocolate Chip Pecan Blondies from Good Life Eats
**This is a sponsored post on behalf of Fisher Nuts. I’m a part of the Fishers Fresh Thinkers. I was compensated for my time, however all opinions expressed are 100% my own!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**