Cinnamon Cinnabon Cake
Cinnabon cinnamon roll cake: delicious breakfast recipe. Easy to make and yields TWO cakes. Freezes well
For the Cakes:
- 3 cup flour plus 2 Tbsp, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon
For the Icing:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- For the cake, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two 8inch cake pans, lining the bottom with parchment paper.
- In mixer, blend 3 cup flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, milk, eggs, vanilla and 1/4 cup melted butter. Divide batter evenly between cake pans.
- In another mixing bowl, beat 1 cup butter with brown sugar, 2 Tbsp flour, and cinnamon. Continue to beat until fully blended and fluffy (about 3 minutes). Using two tablespoons, drop butter mixture onto cake batter. Use a knife to swirl.
- Bake cakes for about 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven and cool in pans 10 minutes. Flip cakes out onto serving plates.
- For icing, whisk the powdered sugar with 1/4 cup milk and 1 tsp vanilla extract. Drizzle over warmed cakes. Enjoy!
Aimee is a dessert lover (specifically rice krispie treats), workout enthusiast, self-taught foodie, and recipe creator. Her recipes have been featured in numerous magazines, and her passion is to share her love of cooking with the everyday home cook!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**